Korat-Farang.com

KoratChef - Suggestions for new items

Guest · 68 · 2867

melyianna

not that koratchef isn't busy enough already but in case he needs something new to work on... perhaps we should start a suggestions thread.

Dear KoratChef,

Please make:

coconut cream pie
lemon meringue pie

jamaican beef patties

<3 mely

:-*

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:24:37 PM by melyianna »

Offline Koratchef

• www.koratchef.com
    • Western and International Foods Delivered to Your Door, in Thailand.
I used to live near a lot of West Indian restaurants in South London. There was one that made fantastic jerk chicken, I'm not lying when I say it was so good I ate it everyday for lunch for 4 months. Somebody changed the recipe for some reason and it wasn't anywhere near as good. Simple but incredibly tasty and I never got the recipe. Perhaps lost in time forever :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:38:45 AM by Koratchef »
The Korat Chef Store, 357 Suranaree Rd, Nakhon Ratchasima city. 0845 887 434 - sales@koratchef.com - www.koratchef.com

brettandlek

not that koratchef isn't busy enough already but in case he needs something new to work on... perhaps we should start a suggestions thread.

Dear KoratChef,

Please make:

coconut cream pie
lemon meringue pie

jamaican beef patties

<3 mely

:-*
Yum Mely,
Never had coconut cream pie, but sounds good, love lemon meringue pie.

lozz

Offline waterheart

• Solid Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/thai.pookie
Dear Koratchef,
 ;) mm..,You look busy in kitchen.
If you want a part time worker, request me. ;D
no need 300 baht per day, only a piece of cake for hiring.  :D
Long live to long learn

melyianna

coconut cream pie is amazing, brett. you should for sure try it some time.

Toddy

I used to live near a lot of West Indian restaurants in South London. There was one that made fantastic jerk chicken, I'm not lying when I say it was so good I ate it everyday for lunch for 4 months. Somebody changed the recipe for some reason and it wasn't anywhere near as good. Simple but incredibly tasty and I never got the recipe. Perhaps lost in time forever :(

Curried goat is excellent.  ;D

melyianna

Curried goat is excellent.  ;D

that's true. some rogan josh with goat meat. yum.
i already tried to talk koratchef into making some goat curries but he said it's too hard to find goat meat here.

there's a goat farm out by sikhu but i think it's just a dairy.

Offline Koratchef

• www.koratchef.com
Ackee and saltfish with fried dumplings mmm...yummy
The Korat Chef Store, 357 Suranaree Rd, Nakhon Ratchasima city. 0845 887 434 - sales@koratchef.com - www.koratchef.com

melyianna

Offline Koratchef

• www.koratchef.com
Just my own wishlist Mely. This week we've been busy but next week we'll look into the suggestions you've guys have made and see which ones we can do. Will keep you posted.

And thanks very much for the input it's much appreciated!

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum

Please make:

coconut cream pie
lemon meringue pie

Considering also the season, may I add to that:

good ol' northamerican pumpkin pie
Village idiots unwelcome here

melyianna

oooh! good idea, anton. although i'm not a fan of it myself, i would like Mr.Mely to try pumpkin pie once. With that said, i'd like to add:

KoratChef,

please make:

pecan pie

(if only a few for thanksgiving / christmastime)

melyianna

Just my own wishlist Mely. This week we've been busy but next week we'll look into the suggestions you've guys have made and see which ones we can do. Will keep you posted.

And thanks very much for the input it's much appreciated!

no hurry. pies would be nice for thanksgiving (November 24th) and christmas if you get around to it.

although... pies are great any time of year, pumpkin pie and pecan pie seem like decidedly "winter" pies to me. oh! please try:

key lime pie
banana cream pie

mmmm. pies. **drool**

melyianna

pork and apple sausages. I'll buy 'em. I Promise!

i'll buy them too.

while you're at it, how about pork and apple sausage rolls:

or any sort of "pigs in the blanket" involving sausages (not hot dogs!)

well.. i guess not ANY kind...

although adorable... i was thinking more along the lines of these:

Yankee

Wonderful suggestion Mely
Great thread ..
Now back to the most important things first  ..

I would suggest a three vote rule on the forum  item being suggested before we get all over the board and randomly start picking every body favorites .
Perhaps three on the board  rule people vote and then let Kort chef yeah or nah
Then start a new three I also understand everybody wants there top threeto be voted on so this would have to handle quit delicate not to upset the masses .
korat chef could post the most demanding items on a weekly / bi weekly / up to him basics  to steady improve for all that par takes in his cooking delights then I feel the best use of opinion win ..

Mely with much love and fairness .
I would like to start with your three since you thought of the top three / order of business

coconut cream pie
lemon meringue pie
Jamaican beef patties

I suggest we go what we got .. people vote on what they would like to receive and then allow Korat chef choose ..
I believe time management on those three would favor Jamaican beef patties since he already does pastry pies .

so I vote for Jamaican beef patties ..

I believe Korat chef wants all feedback regardless however he doesn't need to feel pressured on a mixed bag forum..
I strongly suggest to allow Korat Chef to handle such a thread on his scheduling  ..

everyone well benefit.

I don't use his services however  I do respect him  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 01:43:05 AM by Yankee »

Toddy

Yorkshire puddings are good, but they are a bugger to make. The lard has to be smoking!! ;D

Yankee

Yorkshire puddings are good, but they are a bugger to make. The lard has to be smoking!! ;D

I Know Korat chef made Yorkshire pudding some time back and it was a nice dish .Korat chef does specialty items at Eddie Vegas I believe on Monday .

I just don't think a thread that would benefit everybody  be so loosely organized ..

Yankee

Start a new thread. :)
[/quote

Toddy .

I think it a great thread that should be utilized in it fullest potential to serve a community ..
people are requesting  a service and Korat chef Provides a service and Toddy you just want to dismiss the whole thread that services a community .