Korat-Farang.com

Turkeys on sale at the Mall, Korat

Alfie · 30 · 1169

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
The Mall Freshmart has some frozen US butterball turkeys for sale. The current price is 230 baht per kilogramme with birds weighing about 5 to 6 kg.

The picture below shows one bird weighing 5.746kg and priced at 1321 baht.

[attachment deleted by admin]
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

melyianna

mmm turkeys.

my oven is pretty small. i'm not sure a turkey would fit. i'm gonna have to measure it.

hopefully koratchef will cook up some thanksgiving dinner with fresh turkey... and stuffing... and cranberries... mashed potatoes... mmm.

Toddy

Turkey already! Early for Christmas, or maybe catering for Thanksgiving too?

I only eat turkey at Christmas, but consider it better than chicken as it is less dry. Maybe it's just that Christmas feeling? I still believe in Father Christmas (for the benefit of our kids!).  ;D

AndersJensenThailand

Toddy

Those butterball turkeys are good. We'll be having one of those at Christmas!  ;D

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
    • My House
We always had turkey for Thanksgiving - American tradition.  And usually baked ham for Christmas, sometimes turkey again.
I am sofa king we todd did.

Toddy

Can you get baked ham in Korat at Christmas? Sounds great.  ;D

melyianna

We always had turkey for Thanksgiving - American tradition.  And usually baked ham for Christmas, sometimes turkey again.

same here. sometimes ham AND turkey at thanksgiving. (big family)

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
The Mall Freshmart has small balls of frozen US butterball turkey breast meat on sale. The price was 430 baht per kilogramme. The one in the picture below was priced at 686 baht. The size was small enough to fit into a small table top oven. It might be a good option for someone who doesn't want to buy a whole turkey.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
I noticed Makro had frozen turkeys today.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Offline nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
I noticed Makro had frozen turkeys today.
They have had them in since end of September!
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

melyianna

The Mall Freshmart has small balls of frozen US butterball turkey breast meat on sale. The price was 430 baht per kilogramme. The one in the picture below was priced at 686 baht. The size was small enough to fit into a small table top oven. It might be a good option for someone who doesn't want to buy a whole turkey.

oh nice! those are a great size. i thought about getting a whole turkey at home freshmart but i wasn't sure it would fit in my oven.

Offline Wizard

Turkeys at Macro are 155 THB per kilo for Butterball!!! Not sure for how long though!!!

Buadhai

^^ How do you get to shop at Macro? My wife and I went there for the first (and only) time about three or four years ago. We had a cart full of groceries, but they turned us away at the checkout counter because we didn't have a member card. We tried to apply for one but they said we needed a business license. We were so upset at their treatment of us that we've never returned.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I don't usually shop in Makro for the same reason but I have shopped in there three or four times; once by using a relative's card and the first couple of times the checkout girls kindly asked other customers if we could borrow their card! The customers kindly obliged.

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
....seems like they're not so fussy now. We have no problem. Sometimes a previous customer's card and sometimes they just enter a code and our receipt is then on a till roll rather than Makro stationery.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

AndersJensenThailand

You hust bring with you an old macro bin, they will use the member number on that, if you need one, i have meny, you know where to find me.

^^ How do you get to shop at Macro? My wife and I went there for the first (and only) time about three or four years ago. We had a cart full of groceries, but they turned us away at the checkout counter because we didn't have a member card. We tried to apply for one but they said we needed a business license. We were so upset at their treatment of us that we've never returned.

melyianna

whenever we go to makro, Mr.Mely just goes up to the customer service desk and tells them we don't have a card. they write a number down on a piece of paper. we hand it to the cashier at checkout.

Offline Bear

I guess I am luck to have a Makro card in my name (wife who passed away got it for me in Surin) many people look at me when I go to the check out because I have the card, several timesI have let someone in check out use it. I know several Thai people who tried to get one and were told no.   Amazing Thailand  Bear
If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change.