Korat-Farang.com

Customs official transferred over assault aired on YouTube

Alfie · 6 · 321

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
A senior customs official who allegedly assaulted an airport security official has been transferred back to headquarters after a video of the incident was aired on Youtube.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0an4lZ9bk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0an4lZ9bk</a>

The Customs Department on Wednesday transferred back to headquarters a senior official based at Suvarnabhumi Airport who allegedly assaulted an airport security officer while refusing to be patted down.

Director General Somchai Poonsawat said the C-7 official, who was identified only as Sombat, will face an investigation into the incident, which occurred on January at in the airport. The investigation will take about 30 days.

Footage from a surveillance camera of the alleged assault, which has appeared on YouTube, shows the official walking through a security check. However, he refuses to be patted down after a security alarm beeps.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Customs-official-transferred-over-assault-aired-on-30173539.html
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
The airport security officer speaks out.

Mr Sombat came through the ordinary passenger channel with his VIP group but he refused to submit to a body pat-down, Mr Sirichai said. "He shouted very loudly: "You have no right to check me' and showed me his customs officer's card," Mr Sirichai said. "I felt scared. I said I was sorry and moved backwards but he walked towards me and thumped my ears until a woman in the VIP group told him to stop." "I feel staggered by what happened," Mr Sirichai said. "I feel uncomfortable this has turned into such a big incident. I don't know what to do, and am not sure whether I can continue to work at the airport," he said.

The security officer has been the hospital. Doctors said his left eardrum was ruptured. He says he has earache and experiences ringing in his right ear.

The security officer has been to the police. Pol Col Nathanant said Mr Sombat (the customs officer) must report to the police by Jan 18 so he can be informed about any charges to be laid against him.

Mr Sirichai said his supervisor had told him that the customs officer had made contact, asking if he could negotiate.

So, it's going the usual Thai way. :D Compensation will be paid to the young man and no charges will be laid against the older man - and both men will continue to work at the airport as if nothing had happened.  ;)

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
according to the morning news, the old man asked his superior not to form a committee to look into the matter as he wants to retire in dignity but unfortunately his superior is ignoring his request

more to come

som nam na

Offline koratwanderer

according to the morning news, the old man asked his superior not to form a committee to look into the matter as he wants to retire in dignity but unfortunately fortunately his superior is ignoring his request

more to come

som nam na

brettandlek

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Mr Sombat Chatchaiwaiyawit has been given a disciplinary violation charge.

He has also been diagnosed with a pysychiatric disorder that prevents him from controlling his emotions; including angry outbursts. He's been asked to take 2 months off work to seek appropriate treatment. TAN

I hope he gets well soon - if it's treatable.  :)