Korat-Farang.com

Nuts

Alfie · 10 · 519

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
The Mall Freshmart is now selling a good range of dried nuts. They have almonds, pecans, hazlenuts, walnuts and even brazil nuts. It's the first time I have seen brazil nuts on sale in Thailand. Prices range from 65-85 baht per keet (100g). They are being sold from a stall next to the Fareeda dates and dried fruits stall. You might have to ask for the brazil nuts as yesterday they were only displayed in a mixture. I asked to buy them separately and the young man went and got a big bag for me and sold them separately.

(IIRC, Brazil nuts contain a lot of Selenium, which is supposed to be good for you if you have arthritis).

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:06:12 AM by Alfie »
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

melyianna

i brought pinenuts back from the US with me.
mmm pinenuts.

brazil nuts are nice too. i'll have to try to find those next time i'm in town.

Buadhai

I'm curious as to why you brought back peanuts. They are readily available here in various forms. What am I missing?

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I'm curious as to why you brought back peanuts. They are readily available here in various forms. What am I missing?

Your reading glasses?   ;)

i brought pinenuts back from the US with me.
mmm pinenuts.

Pinenuts, not peanuts.

I made the same mistake the first time I read that post.

melyianna

5555  ;D

i've searched for PINEnuts in thailand for a while and was unable to find them, which is why i brought PINEnuts back. :)

Buadhai

HA HA HA! Yep, pine nuts are great. I think I'll bring some back....

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Have you looked in the Mall recently, Mely? I have a feeling there are now some pinenuts in Freshmart - nut I'm not 100% sure.

Online Eagle 3

• Golfers in Korat
    • My House
I got Brazil Nuts in Freshmart a few days ago.  I first asked the lady behind the counter for Brazil Nuts and she said, no have.  I looked and found them in one of the bins, separate not mixed.  On the label it had Brazil Nuts in English. 

Yes, they are good for relieving arthritis pain.
I am sofa king we todd did.

melyianna

Have you looked in the Mall recently, Mely? I have a feeling there are now some pinenuts in Freshmart - nut I'm not 100% sure.

no i haven't checked recently. perhaps tomorrow if i can find a way into town.

melyianna

bought some brazil nuts, almonds and dried cranberries at the mall last weekend. yummers!
they DO have pinenuts too. although i just brought some back from the US, I'm tempted to stock up
on them just in case they disappear from the mall some day.

thanks for the tip, Alfie!