Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: All you can eat Buffet restuarants  (Read 1083 times)

JASONTHAI

All you can eat Buffet restuarants
« on: July 18, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »

Hi whats you best buffet restuarant in Korat ? as I am think of taking the family and most likely some of the village out for a meal  :o

keemapoot

Re: All you can eat Buffet restuarants
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 06:46:00 AM »

Two of the most popular and best priced are close to each other on Suranarai road, on the way to Cho Ho on the same street as the Rajabhat Uni and the Techno Uni.  They are both just north of the PTT station, on the same side of the road.

1.  T-bone.  This is actually the 2nd T-bone in Korat, but is a separate chain from Khon Kaen, that became famous serving students and others near the University.  Has a big buffet with everything, as well as hot pot at table.

2.  "Chew..."  Can't remember the 2nd word of the name, but starts with Chew.  (sign is in English as is T-Bone).  This place is cheaper than T-Bone, but focuses more on the individual cooking pots at each seat, as each person can custom cook their own food in their own pot. 

Both places are good value for money.  T-Bone is usually packed, Chew is newer, and seating usually available.

JASONTHAI

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:58:39 AM »

Two of the most popular and best priced are close to each other on Suranarai road, on the way to Cho Ho on the same street as the Rajabhat Uni and the Techno Uni.  They are both just north of the PTT station, on the same side of the road.

1.  T-bone.  This is actually the 2nd T-bone in Korat, but is a separate chain from Khon Kaen, that became famous serving students and others near the University.  Has a big buffet with everything, as well as hot pot at table.

2.  "Chew..."  Can't remember the 2nd word of the name, but starts with Chew.  (sign is in English as is T-Bone).  This place is cheaper than T-Bone, but focuses more on the individual cooking pots at each seat, as each person can custom cook their own food in their own pot. 

Both places are good value for money.  T-Bone is usually packed, Chew is newer, and seating usually available.

I forgot about T-Bone last year so I will have to make up for it and go next month do you know the cost ?

melyianna

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:57:44 AM »

simithani hotel buffet

keemapoot

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 05:54:48 AM »

I forgot about T-Bone last year so I will have to make up for it and go next month do you know the cost ?

I think it's about 139 per person or something like that.

Wizard

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 08:13:13 AM »

Chew Loung is a little more expensive than T-Bone. Chew is 169 THB p/p and T-Bone is 139 THB!

keemapoot

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:40 AM »

Actually, I think it is the other way around:  Chew Lounge is the cheaper of the two.  Actually, I have eaten at both with family, but as my wife paid I didn't pay much attention to the price.  But, I'm sure she told me T-Bone is more expensive. T-Bone has more "farang" type food I think, stuff like pork, chicken, beef steaks...

BTW, with regard to the old T-Bone, on the road Pegasus hotel is on, that used to be my favorite buffet, but I haven't been there in a long time, and again, my wife, whose friends always seem to go to these places, say the quality has gone downhill.  Any firsthand reports?

On that same road, at the new Klang Plaza 3, just after PTT, there is also a Shabushi, on the 2nd floor, which though more expensive than the others, and has a time limit, has better Sushi and other foods in my opinion.

melyianna

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 01:00:08 AM »

there is a shabushi in the mall korat too.
and another japanese buffet.

there's also a sizzler in the mall but only the salad bar is buffet (it's a decent salad bar though)

sulasno

• Forum Wizard
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »

I can't remember when was the last time I visited Shabushi

forget about the steaks at Sizzler's ; overpriced though I see some improvements on quality at Chokechai; I had ribeye (I think) at Chokechai Rangsit and it was yummy; I got a pic somewhere and will post the yummy steak at 495 Baht (I think)

Edit
ps I remembered having a party at Sizzler;
I was the only thorn among the (old roses); there were 8 of us; we ordered only 5 main courses and 3 salad bar buffets and shared the yucky food

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 08:38:26 PM »

The two buffets I've tried are in the Sima Thani hotel and the Dusit Princess hotel. I've eaten the Sima Thani buffet many times. It usually has quite a good variety of Thai and western foods. if I recall correctly, the price is around 250-260 baht per person. Drinks are extra (but water is free).

I think the Dusit Princess was a similar price, perhaps slightly more. IIRC, the choice was slightly less that the ST but the quality slightly higher.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

melyianna

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 09:34:38 PM »

drinks at the simithani (coke and other sodas, fruit juice and i believe coffee and tea?) where included in the price when i was there a few weeks ago.

Morphy

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »

Went to Sima Thani the other night for my friends wife's birthday. 290 baht per person, very good food and good variety but as usual you tend to eat too much at these places. T bone 2 very good value too.

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »

Have stayed there a few times over the years....Accomodation is better since it collapsed ,the buffet breakfast is top notch
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

winkclare

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »

Kuroda Japanese Resto -- opposite police station (Sappasit Rd)

salmon sasimi -- fantastic!   ;D
Pages: [1]