Korat-Farang.com

iMobile iNote, 7 inch tablet

Alfie · 19 · 1924

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Today I had a look at an iModile iNote, 7 inch WiFi tablet. I was quite impressed by the specs.

CPU 1.2Ghz, Android 4 (ICS), USB, mini USB, mini SD card, front and rear cameras, HDMI connection; and all that for the price of only 3900 baht.

The one I saw was a WiFi model so you can't insert a SIM card but you can use the USB connection and use an Aircard/dongle. I believe there is also a SIM model available.

I was going to buy one for my daughter but she told me she prefers my 10inch Galaxy Tab. LOL

Has anyone actually bought or used one of these?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7b4UkW0hs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt7b4UkW0hs</a>
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:00:44 AM by Alfie »

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
I remembered looking at one where you can insert 2 SIMs lol (for the same price)

How much RAM ? 512 ? and ROM ? 4 GB ?

I would think the 199 Google's Nexus would be a better buy (if it is available)

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I can't remember off hand but according to that video it's 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM.

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
Looks like a single cpu with no flash on the camera

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
doesn't Tesco sells phones and tablets ?

oppps is there a Tesco Lotus in Korat ?

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Yes, there's a Tesco Lotus in Korat and it sells electrical and electronic items. Prices are pretty reasonable in there. I haven't been there for a while but they definitely had phones the last time I was there.

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
you get what you pay

personally I divided the cost of a new toy by the number of days I use

get a branded tablet if you intend to use it for more than 3 years

a Tab 7 2 is only 12,900 (and could be even less), divide the cost over 365 x 3 days and you will find that it is affordable and worthwhile

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
Deduct 10 baht a day from their pocket money and u get 3650 baht a year

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I had another look at the iMobile iNote, 7 inch tablet again today. It's not as strongly built as the Galaxy Tab and I didn't find the user experience quite so good as the Tab 2 but it comes with quite a few free apps (including Angry Birds) and it's a good price. A 7 inch Galaxy Tab is 3 times the price so I suppose you get what you pay for. A cheap starter Tab for kids or a handy sized second tab for people who don't want to pay Samsung or iPad prices twice. Just my opinion.

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
I have 4 versions of Angry Birds and there are all the free version;

try Amazing Alex by the same authors though I cannot understand how to play the game

I paid 2000 baht for a China made Tablet and it could barely last a week; the screen was broken and the power could only last an hour

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
No. I can't be bothered sending off my details just to have a one in a million chance of winning it.

I'm not really looking for an expensive 7inch tab. I'm happy with my 10 inch. If I get a 7inch, it will be a cheap one.

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
I am waiting for the Samsung Note Tablet 10.1 which I estimate to sell at 23,900 lol
though I am craving for the Note 2 (at about the same price)

forget about the cheap 7" tablets; in long run, the cost would be higher (when replacing)

the Google Nexus at US250 is a good buy or wait for the mini iPad at about US200

the cheap tablets are not responsive when swiping the fingers across the screen; the cons is mainly the battery power is insufficient to last an hour when surfing continuously;

after much consideration, my brother decide to wait for M$ Surface instead

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

Any more cheap tablets for sale?

Yes, I bought one today - 4990 baht. I'll set it up and play with it a bit tonight and start a new thread about it tonight or tomorrow.  

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

Any more cheap tablets for sale?

Yes, I bought one today - 4990 baht. I'll set it up and play with it a bit tonight and start a new thread about it tonight or tomorrow. 

I started a new thread on a cheap 8 inch tablet here:

http://korat-farang.com/forum/index.php?topic=3974.0

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard