Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Eating buffalo meat is good for you  (Read 243 times)

Alfie

• Forum Guru
Eating buffalo meat is good for you
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:27:41 AM »

There are some health benefits to eating buffalo meat apparently. Here are some extracts of a study posted on the website of the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition:

Beneficial impact on cardiovascular risk profile of water buffalo meat consumption

Results:
At the end of the study, recent consumers of water buffalo meat showed a significant decrease in total cholesterol and triglycerides levels, lower pulse wave velocity, as well as a more blunted response to oxidative stress from baseline to follow-up in comparison with subjects who had never consumed water buffalo meat (all P<0.05).

Conclusions:
Consumption of buffalo meat seems to be associated with several beneficial effects on cardiovascular risk profile. Awaiting further randomized clinical trials, this study suggests that a larger consumption of water buffalo meat could confer significant cardiovascular benefits, while continuing to provide a substantial proportion of the recommended daily allowance of protein.

http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v64/n9/full/ejcn2010108a.html

Have you ever eaten buffalo meat? Have you seen it for sale in Thailand?
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

gatorsoft

• Even crazier after all these years
Re: Eating buffalo meat is good for you
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »

I've eaten buffalo and yak many times in the USA.  Both are much lower in fat than beef, and taste just fine to me.  Water buffalo, I haven't tried.  If I've seen it in Thaialnd, I didn't know what it was.  Makro stocks a fair amount of esoteric meats.  They might have some.
"I never really thought of myself as a freak...but I love to freak"
Pages: [1]