Korat-Farang.com

Eating buffalo meat is good for you

Alfie · 2 · 249

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
There are some health benefits to eating buffalo meat apparently. Here are some extracts of a study posted on the website of the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition:

Beneficial impact on cardiovascular risk profile of water buffalo meat consumption

Results:
At the end of the study, recent consumers of water buffalo meat showed a significant decrease in total cholesterol and triglycerides levels, lower pulse wave velocity, as well as a more blunted response to oxidative stress from baseline to follow-up in comparison with subjects who had never consumed water buffalo meat (all P<0.05).

Conclusions:
Consumption of buffalo meat seems to be associated with several beneficial effects on cardiovascular risk profile. Awaiting further randomized clinical trials, this study suggests that a larger consumption of water buffalo meat could confer significant cardiovascular benefits, while continuing to provide a substantial proportion of the recommended daily allowance of protein.

http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v64/n9/full/ejcn2010108a.html

Have you ever eaten buffalo meat? Have you seen it for sale in Thailand?
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline gatorsoft

• Even crazier after all these years
I've eaten buffalo and yak many times in the USA.  Both are much lower in fat than beef, and taste just fine to me.  Water buffalo, I haven't tried.  If I've seen it in Thaialnd, I didn't know what it was.  Makro stocks a fair amount of esoteric meats.  They might have some.
"I never really thought of myself as a freak...but I love to freak"