Korat-Farang.com

Six nations rugby 2013

Alfie · 49 · 1022

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
I managed to get all my predictions wrong so it's a good thing I don't do this for a living and thank goodness Wales proved me wrong.

Well done to England a good result in difficult conditions, but without a doubt they played the smartest rugby today. Ireland had most of the possesion but had far too many handling errors and could just not make progress against a terrific English defence. In my opinion Ronan O'Gara has had his day, he just did not seem up for it today.

Without a doubt England are now the team to beat and I look forward to the next games in 2 weeks time.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Today could be interesting.

England will expect to win at home but France have nothing to do but attack to try to salvage some pride. France has changed a few players but I still think England will come out winners today.

Italy will want to get that winning feeling again after tasting some glory against France but I think Wales will be too gritty for Italy today. A win for Wales but not a whitewash.

My predictions for today.

Italy 11 - 22 Wales
England 25 - 14 France
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Alfie I think your right about England over France and even though Wales have dominated in the first half I have a horrible feeling that Italy may steal the game...............I hope not but!!!!!!!!!

Phew thank goodness my predictions are crap................well done Wales a well deserved win and a good performance from Italy as always.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:22:42 PM by sfs »
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Well done Wales. Come on England!!

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
A good performance by England and pretty close to your predicted score Alfie. France showed some fight today but are still in the doldrums by the looks of things. What's your prediction for Sunday's match Alfie? I think Ireland will win but it will be a hard match.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Hi sfs. Sorry for the late reply. I agree with your prediction of an Ireland win. I've no idea of a score today but I'll make a quick guess at 17-9.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
A good result for Scotland. Too many missed opportunities for Ireland despite their dominance. At the end of the day, 'points make prizes'.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Hi Alfie, could not believe Ireland had so much posession and achieved so little today. All credit to Scotland for their determination and for getting the result they deserved in the end...............roll on for the next leg in 2 weeks time.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Scotland V Wales. I'm going to be brave and predict a Scotland win! 15 - 12

Ireland v France. I'll go for an Ireland win. 21 - 14

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Hi Alfie, I am nearly falling asleep watching this game of penalties between Scotland and Wales and am nearly at the point of saying I don't give a f..k who wins, but of course I have to back Wales for the win. However if the game continues in it's present ping pong of penalties it will be close.

I will also back Ireland to win, but you never know today could be the day for France...........we will see.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Congratulations to Wales. Either team could have won (a bit of a penalty lottery) but in the end I think Wales deserved the victory.

My thinking on predicting a Scotland win was that I thought Scotland might have worked on all their weak points by now and today could be the day to put together an all round better game. Not to be, though. I'm not impressed with the Scotland scrum half but the whole Scotland team should have done better. Wales are second in the table. With England playing Italy tomorrow, the top of the table willl likely stay the same tomorrow.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Wales were the slightly better team today but if they play the same next week they will get slaughtered. Saying that I don't think the ref helped the match he seemed to stop the match from flowing.

Did not expect a draw with Ireland/France but the fact that Ireland did not put any score on in the second half shows that they still haven't got the killer instince they need to be at the top of their game. As for France for much of the match they seemed half asleep but when they did wake up they had the potential to be dangerous.

Now as for tomorrows match what's the chances of an upset with a win for Italy?

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
After Italy's first game and sensational win, I hoped they could continue that good play. Unfortunately they have not been able to do that, so ... so long as England continue to play to a reasonable standard, they should easily beat Italy.

I'll predict a score of England 33 - 9 Italy.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Oh Alfie I think that scoreline is a bit cruel to Italy, I have a feeling it will be a lot closer than that 19-9 to England. But it's a funny olde game so we shall see what today brings.

Midlander

I'm afraid to say, but as an Englishman I think England has/have been playing shite. Dan Cole is a fcuking donkey who should have never be playing international rugby, As for the rest of the England side I thick they've got by on luck. You only have to look at southern hemisphere rugby to see how shite the northern hemisphere are. I'm open to contradiction.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I don't think we've seen the best of England yet. They are a fairly young team in a fairly new squad with a fairly new manager. The team has, IMO, only been firing on 3 cylinders for the most part, but even so, they are still undefeated in the six nations this year. Even when they haven't played particularly well they have won. They seem to be strong and powerful with bags of potential. If they have a bad day at the office today, they should still be able to easily beat Italy. If England have a good day at the office, it will be a  'cruel scoreline' for Italy. (thanks for the expression, sfs)

Once the England team has taken control of the game today they might feel comfortable and experiment with some nice flowing and running rugby using the backs. If so, the second half could be very entertaining (for England fans).

Offline angsta

• Forum Sage
England played well in the first game against the Sweatys but have not looked amazing in the last 2 games. However they have won so sometimes it's better to take the positives rather than look at the negatives. English fans are very good at criticizing their sports teams. 

They should have enough in the tank to put 30+ on Italy.

The Southern hemisphere play a different type of rugby and they do look better but England still get results against the Southern hemisphere. Should be a good Lions tour.
Never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

"Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’"

There is no society.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Without a doubt the best game of the weekend with a fighting performance by Italy as always. Englands young and inexperienced team showed their true colours today, but that being said they still played an enjoyable game of rugby football.

In some ways it has probably done England some good as they will be more fired up than ever for the match next week against Wales, both have everything to play for and I hope it will be as good a match as todays..................but with Wales winning of course.

Offline angsta

• Forum Sage
Oh Alfie I think that scoreline is a bit cruel to Italy, I have a feeling it will be a lot closer than that 19-9 to England. But it's a funny olde game so we shall see what today brings.

Very good.
Never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

"Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’"

There is no society.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Well done, Italy. A poor performance by England. Wales might win next weekend!