Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I do It - Do You ?  (Read 1466 times)

Thaiphoon

Re: I do It - Do You ?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »

I think that it all depends upon the climate and the type of beer.

In England, cold dank place that it is, a glass of room temperature traditional ale would go down a treat. Lager hadn't been invented as far as I am aware, back in the mists of time. That must have been a continental abberation. Though it has become popular, in more recent times.

In a hot, humid climate only a fool would take pleasure in warm beer. Cold is good, beastly cold even better. But no ice in the glass, please!! Put the beer in the cooler and cover it with ice. Soon chills down. Thais seem to want to put the ice in the cooler and then put the beer on top. It's not bloody fish laid out for sale, for pity's sake!!

In summary: hot weather = cold drinks. Brass monkies = pint of winter warmer in an English pub, maybe with a whisky chaser if you are Scottish or a drunk!!  ;D

Toddy , Ive got one of my funny feelings in my water episodes again, I have this feeling you are longing to sit in a traditional English Pub again , oak beams , horse brasses , crackling fire , darts board , busty bar maid , red flock wall paper, Walkers crisps , Tetley's Best Bitter , jovial conversation .

Am I warm  ;D

Toddy

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »

The Tets sounds good, TP.

I used to live in Leeds and the Tetley Bitter, or mild, or mixed was just heaven in a glass. The Town Hall taps. Lovely stuff.

Driving past the brewery, it smelt like Cornflakes!!  ;D

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 09:47:33 AM »

I think I've found a video of Toddy in the pub. Is that Thaiphoon sitting next to him?  :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-SpfyKn96Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-SpfyKn96Y</a>
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Derek

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »

He looks a bit like me  :o  ;D (Ronnie Barker)

Toddy

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 12:02:07 AM »

Where did I put that flat cap and donkey jacket??  :D

Toddy

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 12:03:54 AM »

I think I've found a video of Toddy in the pub. Is that Thaiphoon sitting next to him?  :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-SpfyKn96Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-SpfyKn96Y</a>

Alfie, is your preferred watering hole a little more refined, perhaps a wine bar, perchance?  ;D

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 12:08:42 AM »

Not at all, Toddy. Nowadays I don't drink much but in my day anywhere would do but I never was one for wine bars.

Toddy

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 12:17:28 AM »

Not at all, Toddy. Nowadays I don't drink much but in my day anywhere would do but I never was one for wine bars.

Spit and sawdust, then?? That's my favourite!!  ;D

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 12:40:24 AM »

I was never into spit and sawdust either. I remember being taken to a pub in Dublin. It was supposedly famous for being a hangout for U2. It was very much a spit and sawdust type place and I can't say I was impressed with it. But to be fair, I have been and drunk in some shit-holes. In fact, one was my local pub - but that's different.  ;)  :D

Toddy

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 12:46:15 AM »

I was never into spit and sawdust either. I remember being taken to a pub in Dublin. It was supposedly famous for being a hangout for U2. It was very much a spit and sawdust type place and I can't say I was impressed with it. But to be fir, I have been and drunk in some shit-holes. In fact, one was my local - but that's different.  ;)  :D

God, there was a back alley boozer in Leeds city centre years ago (1985??) called The Whip. Jeez, talk about rough!!  ;D

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 12:53:11 AM »

I had a night out in Leeds once. Went to a night club. It was full of people with different coloured skin to me and my mates.The locals thought we were the police undercover! Once they realised we weren't we had a good crack together and had a good night. 

The first person I ever met from Leeds was also a young coloured man. He was just out of Borstel and built like a brick shit-house. He was not PC at all. He told me it was easier for black guys to get big muscles than for white guys. It's in the DNA. They just have to walk into a gym and look at the weights and the muscles will enlarge without even touching the weights. His words not mine.

Toddy

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 12:58:01 AM »

I had a night out in Leeds once. Went to a night club. It was full of people with different coloured skin to me and my mates.The locals thought we were the police undercover! Once they realised we weren't we had a good crack together and had a good night. 

The first person I ever met from Leeds was also a young coloured man. He was just out of Borstel and built like a brick shit-house. He was not PC at all. He told me it was easier for black guys to get big muscles than for white guys. It's in the DNA. They just have to walk into a gym and look at the weights and the muscles will enlarge without even touching the weights. His words not mine.

I believe that. If you said it these days, as a white honkey, you would be castigated, if not castrated!!  ;D 

brettandlek

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 05:33:57 AM »

Could be true, on the odd ocasion I have muscle enlarge without touching anything.

Derek

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »

My loin muscle grows without touching it. This happens a lot in Pattaya.  ;D 

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »

Try some ice, Derek. I do it. Do you?  :D 

Derek

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »

Try some ice, Derek. I do it. Do you?  :D 

I've tried it on nipples (not mine). That was fun.  ;D

melyianna

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »

i do it. when i first moved to thailand, i mostly hung out with thai people... and they would often forget to not put ice in my beer...
not i'm used to it.

although i had a couple of ciders at sports bar yesterday and i didn't muddy them with ice. they're just so good on their own.
Pages: 1 [2]