Korat-Farang.com

Where will you be in 21 years time?

Alfie · 6 · 227

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Assuming you are still alive in 21 years time, do you think you'll be in Thailand in 2034?

Why? You might be able to see the football/soccer world cup in Thailand as part of an ASEAN bid.

Do you think you'll still be here to watch it?

Asean plans 2034 World Cup bid

Thailand could be part of an Asean joint bid to host the World Cup in 2034, with the deputy president of Malaysia’s football association revealing tentative plans on May 16 to bring the finals to Southeast Asia.

Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, who is also a member of the Asean Football Federation (AFF), told reporters in Kuala Lumpur that he had been asked to chair a committee to oversee the bidding process for the tournament.

Mr Tengku Abdullah added that Asean sports ministers would meet on June 19 to discuss the bid.

“The proposal and draft are ready but we will look at other details before announcing the details of the meeting because 2034 is still a long way to go,” Mr Tengku Abdullah was quoted by Malaysia’s national news agency, Bernama.

“I spoke to Fifa president Sepp Blatter regarding the bidding process and received feedback that the bidding will start eight years before the actual tournament.”

The idea of an Asean World Cup was reportedly first floated during an informal meeting of Asean foreign ministers at the East Asia Summit in Bangkok in April 2011.

Malaysia was then given the task of preparing a proposal to be endorsed by the AFF.

“It will most probably be a co-hosting proposal,” The Star quoted Mr Tengku Abdullah.

“From what I’ve gathered, four to five countries will be involved. I think that based on facilities, we are definitely capable of hosting such a large event.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/350373/asean-to-bid-for-2034-fifa-world-cup-says-malaysia-fa-deputy-president
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline angsta

• Forum Sage
Sounds like a great idea. I hope they have enough cash to bribe FIFA  ;)
Never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

"Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’"

There is no society.

Offline waterheart

• Solid Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/thai.pookie
  I'm surely  still here. I have nowhere to go. :D
  I will try to get one ticket to see it once in my OLD life. :D
Long live to long learn

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Pookie, maybe we will be able to watch it together - with a little help from our friends. ;D

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Noodles

"Where will you be in 21 years time?"

Watching Spurs norse it up again  :'(

Offline angsta

• Forum Sage
I will (Eden) hazard a guess that 50% of the posters on the forum will be dead and the Korat subway system will be 5 years away from completion. Ok, ten years away. 
Never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

"Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’"

There is no society.