Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Thai Driving License  (Read 288 times)

Jay

Thai Driving License
« on: June 04, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »

Read the various posts, think I have all the document reqs down, but still one lingering question.

I have a valid US/California driving license and a Middle East one, both left hand drive countries though.  Does this mean I must perform the physical driving test as well as the computer quiz? 

Alfie, just bookmarked the test question site you put up earlier, thanks for that. 

Will visit DK Imm for the residence cert tomorrow, reckon it's best to hit Joho L/T office first thing on Thursday if I need to do the full monty?

Tx & Rgds,

Jay

Ken

Re: Thai Driving License
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 01:42:03 PM »

No you will not have to take the driving test, assuming that the US or Middle East licenses are applicable to the Thai license you are applying for...ie...Vehicle (car) and/or motorcycle.

Not sure, but you may have to sit thru an hour safety movie, given only at certain times on certain days.  If you have time, you might make a quick trip to Joho office and ask the information desk any pertinent questions.  They speak English and are quite helpful.

Jay

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »

No you will not have to take the driving test, assuming that the US or Middle East licenses are applicable to the Thai license you are applying for...ie...Vehicle (car) and/or motorcycle.

Not sure, but you may have to sit thru an hour safety movie, given only at certain times on certain days.  If you have time, you might make a quick trip to Joho office and ask the information desk any pertinent questions.  They speak English and are quite helpful.
Thanks, Ken, that's good. 

I will call in at Joho after DK tomorrow to verify, pretty sure I'll have to watch the video but no worries. 
Doing the on-line study/exam now from Aflie's link.

Cheers,

Jay

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »

Quick Q.  What is a good place to get the doctor's letter? 

Went to the evening clinic in NonThai yesterday which has a Dr. moonlighting from some big hospital in town.  Told the Mrs. (through the receptionist) farangs have to use a hospital for the letter, while Thais can use clinics anywhere. 

Sounds a bit thin to me, but end of the day he wouldn't do it, so I'm still on my ear.  Like to get it done today if possible, any suggestions? 

J

Jay

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »

Never mind, got the letter and my license, done and dusted by 1430. 

Ken

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 05:09:33 AM »

Never mind, got the letter and my license, done and dusted by 1430. 
And I assume you didn't have to take any sit down written exam, but you haven't said.

Jay

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 04:00:31 PM »

No, although I was prepared to do all that.  In at 1330 with the Dr.'s note, color/reaction/depth test, out the door an hour or so later -205 baht, license in hand.   

3 ladies involved very friendly and helpful, almost festive, actually had a bit of fun with it all. Beats the DMV in California any day.

Thanks again, Ken.

Cheers,

J
Pages: [1]