Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: a·ngoon - Yet Another Place for Coffee and Food  (Read 467 times)

Buadhai

a·ngoon - Yet Another Place for Coffee and Food
« on: June 07, 2013, 02:48:24 PM »

a·ngoon is located on the corner of Suebsiri almost across from the Walrus Pub. I think the name is Thai for grape (องุ่น); maybe the name of the young woman who's running it.

They serve espresso based coffee drinks, Thai food and steaks. There's no menu so you just have to ask. The interior is nice, if small, and appears to be recently renovated. The kitchen is out on the sidewalk.

My guess is that this was a typical Thai short order (อาหารตามสั่ง) restaurant that has been gentrified a bit to appeal to a younger, more sophisticated crowd.

I had Phat Krapow, which was quite good, but a bit expensive at 35 baht. I have no idea what the steaks are like.

View a·ngoon in a larger map
[attachment deleted by admin]

sulasno

• Forum Wizard
Re: a·ngoon - Yet Another Place for Coffee and Food
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:25:53 PM »

I had Phat Krapow, which was quite good, but a bit expensive at 35 baht.

what's the average price of Phat Krapow ?

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:27:48 PM »

^ Depends where you buy it. I paid 30 baht last week at a small roadside place. It was good. I sometimes have it with a fried egg and that adds another 5 baht.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Buadhai

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »

a·ngoon interior is small but nice.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Leokas Armorsmith

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »

Buadhai 30, 35,40 plus baht. What is the difference? ;D

Did it taste good?

Buadhai

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 05:07:18 PM »

Buadhai 30, 35,40 plus baht. What is the difference? ;D

Did it taste good?

To me, there's no difference. Most of the time I pay no attention price, a habit for which I'm often scolded by Ms B; one of the most price-conscious persons I've ever met.

However, I am acutely aware of the penny-pinching habits of the Farang community in Korat. (Habits which I hold responsible for the lack of decent beer and classy drinking establishments in this locale.) So, I'm trying to pay more attention to price both when I post here and when I report purchases to Ms B.

BTW, the food at a·ngoon is quite good and prepared very rapidly. The pat krapow was excellent. Worth every last satang.

Leokas Armorsmith

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »

No worries. I hear there are two new farang / Western restaurants opening soon.

One is going to be open air and AC dine in with plenty of parking. Supposedly going to serve up beef burgers, pizza, fish and chips, steaks American and English breakfast, 5 or 6 Thai dishes etc as well as decent beer. He is also thinking about selling fresh bread - Western not Thai

The other is going to be a nightclub that I was expressly promised was going to be Thai prices yet farang standards. Food and drinks to be announced, but Western.

Buadhai

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »

Where are these establishments going to be?

Noodles

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:36:05 AM »

No worries. I hear there are two new farang / Western restaurants opening soon.

One is going to be open air and AC dine in with plenty of parking. Supposedly going to serve up beef burgers, pizza, fish and chips, steaks American and English breakfast, 5 or 6 Thai dishes etc as well as decent beer. He is also thinking about selling fresh bread - Western not Thai

The other is going to be a nightclub that I was expressly promised was going to be Thai prices yet farang standards. Food and drinks to be announced, but Western.

L.A. ..........you mixing your dreams up with reality again?

Leokas Armorsmith

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 06:39:14 PM »

The nightclub is said to be over by Makro - I told you about this one Noodles - reference the look alike actor that is going to run it!

The other one, which is also not a dream :D has supposedly located a place downtown and in negotiations. Then, said farang will head home to liquidate his assets so he can embark on his million dollar a year Thailand venture!!  ::) All that to say, he is a chef and knows what he is doing, so I am waiting and ready to chow!!

Neither of which I am or will be involved in other than stuffing my gob with food and drink once they commence operations!  ;D
Pages: [1]