Korat-Farang.com

purchase boxes

ableguy · 7 · 325

Offline ableguy

Any body know where I can purchase used cardboard boxes for moving house in Korat

Offline joefarang

The post office sell boxes for mailing things, they may also have larger boxes??

melyianna

i have asked at many stores, both locally owned (the minimart on the corner, the 29 baht plastics shop down the street, etc.) and large chains (tesco, big c, etc.), and i couldn't find any shops that would give me boxes or even sell them to me directly. (which is how i always got moving boxes in the States)

since just about everyone here (from large international companies like tesco to your next door neighbor) sells their recyclables... i've found that the best place to get boxes was at a recycling shop. depending on how large the shop is, you should be able to find a variety of sizes. i forget how much i paid for them, but it wasn't much. 100-200 baht total maybe? (for 10-20 boxes?) probably less.

if you have recycling to sell, bring that with you... you can use it as a credit towards the purchase of the boxes.

if you can't find a recycling shop and/or you don't feel like making the trip, you may be able to get some boxes delivered to you. if you live in a neighborhood with a "local garbage collector," you may be able to just ask that person if they can bring you some boxes (for you to buy from them). by "local garbage collector," i mean the people who sweep the streets and collect your garbage... but who are not, as far as i know, paid by the government to do so.)

melyianna

The post office sell boxes for mailing things, they may also have larger boxes??

pricing for boxes from thailand post offices:

http://www.thailandpost.co.th/upload/service/PDF/_20120318_183023.pdf

according to their website, boxes are 9 - 32 baht each.

largest size: 30 x 45 x 20 cm. (32 baht each)

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
buy the big stackable plastic boxes from Big C or Tesco

Offline ableguy

i have asked at many stores, both locally owned (the minimart on the corner, the 29 baht plastics shop down the street, etc.) and large chains (tesco, big c, etc.), and i couldn't find any shops that would give me boxes or even sell them to me directly. (which is how i always got moving boxes in the States)

since just about everyone here (from large international companies like tesco to your next door neighbor) sells their recyclables... i've found that the best place to get boxes was at a recycling shop. depending on how large the shop is, you should be able to find a variety of sizes. i forget how much i paid for them, but it wasn't much. 100-200 baht total maybe? (for 10-20 boxes?) probably less.

if you have recycling to sell, bring that with you... you can use it as a credit towards the purchase of the boxes.

if you can't find a recycling shop and/or you don't feel like making the trip, you may be able to get some boxes delivered to you. if you live in a neighborhood with a "local garbage collector," you may be able to just ask that person if they can bring you some boxes (for you to buy from them). by "local garbage collector," i mean the people who sweep the streets and collect your garbage... but who are not, as far as i know, paid by the government to do so.)

Many thanks , several years ago I was exporting container loads of goods to USA and UK and I bought most of my boxes from recycle shops in  BKK at about half the price of new ones , but we do not know any recycle shops in Korat, we just got home from there today and I was hoping to bring some back with me to Hua Hin where we live ( by the way now well retired ) thanks for suggestions.

Offline gatorsoft

• Even crazier after all these years
I think you can get a few at a time at Makro.
"I never really thought of myself as a freak...but I love to freak"