Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best Pizza place in Korat  (Read 1467 times)

Kandaharjim

Best Pizza place in Korat
« on: June 20, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »

Has anyone determined as to where is the best pizza? There was a couple places mentioned and then silence.
Is the place in Joho still there? Another, I see the Ram has a sign for pizza. I'd like to see a nice deep dish or thin italian style.

Wizard

Re: Best Pizza place in Korat
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »

I haven't visited for awhile, but Pittini Coffee Shop on the road to Suranaree University of Technology off 304! Other than that not much choice except Pizza Hut or Pizza Company!

braveheart

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »

Dr Pizza and Blue Steak in Joho both have nice pizzas as well.

I heard the pizza's at Pidaso's are also pretty good.

Kandaharjim

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:04:43 PM »

Pittini was looking ok in the picture. But, when I got it, the center was still a little soft and a little too thin. I notice they do not give any parmasean cheese with the lasagne. A very bland taste tot he sauce and cheese. I dont see any deep dish there.
Pidaso's is the place next to the car dealer? I thought it was closed? I went into the drive and all was shut.
Dr Pizza was said to be small and expensive. What's considered expensive? You pay min 300 for pizza company and PH. I was wondering if these places were still open.
Someone had mentioned about a place in town near klang plaza & Swensen. Down street and left at the 7/11 stop light ?
Chez andy has good food, wll they do a deep dish if requested?
Thanks guys, just getting bored with the usual.

sushi

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »

I actually think we're spoilt for choice at the moment considering we're not a massive expat town. 

Dr pizza is really good in my opinion and quite reasonably priced around 200-300 baht I think, it certainly costs less than pizza company.  Gary's pizzas are very good too, the Mexican pizza is particularly nice! He's doing some amazing meatball + cheese and pepperoni + cheese sandwiches amongst other things, nice place to have a couple of beers. Saveone pizza is very good value I love the calzone.

koratwanderer

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 07:24:45 PM »

Pittini was looking ok in the picture. But, when I got it, the center was still a little soft and a little too thin. I notice they do not give any parmasean cheese with the lasagne. A very bland taste tot he sauce and cheese. I dont see any deep dish there.
Pidaso's is the place next to the car dealer? I thought it was closed? I went into the drive and all was shut.
Dr Pizza was said to be small and expensive. What's considered expensive? You pay min 300 for pizza company and PH. I was wondering if these places were still open.
Someone had mentioned about a place in town near klang plaza & Swensen. Down street and left at the 7/11 stop light ?
Chez andy has good food, wll they do a deep dish if requested?
Thanks guys, just getting bored with the usual.

Don't go there, it's closed. Gary (ex Sport Bar) used to have this place but he's now moved to the old "Friends" bar in the forecourt of "M in Korat" apartments.

melyianna

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 07:45:52 AM »

i've only had dr. pizza once but it was horrible.
i've also only have pittini once (only because it's a bit of a drive), but it was delicious. i was really impressed.

where is this "friend's bar"?

sushi

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »

It's directly behind the PEA electricity building on the big railway junction, there's a small soi that runs behind the PEA building to St Marys school, it runs parallel to the mukkamontri road, it's called soi lompru 2, Gary's bar is about 100 meters on the right hand side travelling from the direction of yamo. 

koratwanderer

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »

i've also only have pittini once (only because it's a bit of a drive), but it was delicious. i was really impressed.

Not easy to find, it's behind the big Provincial Electricity Authority building at the 5 ways traffic lights.

If you go from Check Inn towards 5 ways junction, turn right down a small soi next to a big printer shop about 200 metres before the lights, then turn right again into M apartments forecourt. It's not called Friends now but I don't know the new name.

Here's a Google Earth Placemark.

[attachment deleted by admin]

angsta

• Solid Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »

Not easy to find, it's behind the big Provincial Electricity Authority building at the 5 ways traffic lights.

If you go from Check Inn towards 5 ways junction, turn right down a small soi next to a big printer shop about 200 metres before the lights, then turn right again into M apartments forecourt. It's not called Friends now but I don't know the new name.

Here's a Google Earth Placemark.

He moved to a new location around 4 months ago near the mosque.
Never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

"Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’"

There is no society.

sushi

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 08:37:08 PM »

Yep he moved again to the friends bar a week or two ago.

Kandaharjim

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 08:46:01 PM »

What happened to the french guy and wife that had the french bakery? The nice french bread & pastry. He used to be by the mosque also.

mike

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 04:40:53 AM »

I've designed a couple of ovens, and made a few pizzas as well. If anyone ever wants to make their own, the trick is extremely high heat on the bottom and top of the pizza. The dough is easy and cheap as chips, simple sauce, and lots of different cheese can be used.

There is an excellent website called pizzamaking  dot  com

The best pizza in Korat could be at your house!

Kandaharjim

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »

Sure mike, but sometimes you like to try something new and if someone has a better taste on items. I had made my own prior. At times I just dont feel like making dough for 2 pizza and the shells being sold are just not deep dish. In the ads and talk I see around korat, some shops don't last long as the clients just aren't here. too bad!!

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 12:17:19 PM »

I haven't tried it yet, but this Ley Café on Sura 2 Rd is advertising "Italian pizza" and offering it at half prize until the end of this month. Their menu offers many other items besides pizza, Thai and foreign dishes. Here I'm posting only the pizza page, but I can post the whole menu on request.

Ley Café is located just before Plookpanya private school compound if coming from behind The Mall or from Pegasus hotel. I'm enclosing a Placemark too. If you go, you're better go at night in this season: they have only external tables for the moment.

Village idiots unwelcome here

mikeweaver

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 12:48:22 AM »

I tried Lecker Lecker Pizza , very nice....  http://leckerleckerkorat.com/

Save One, also very good...

best one Ive ever had in Korat was Chez Andy...

Fisherman

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 02:30:48 AM »

Never done very much in pizzas, but every time I`v got one at Gary`s place, beergarden it was very good. Every time empty the plate  ;D
Nihil sine labore

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »

Ley Café on Sura 2 Rd is advertising "Italian pizza" and offering it at half prize until the end of this month

I had pizza there with a friend this weekend. It was thin and crunchy, actually similar to original Italian pizza as far as I can say, except for the cooking means (no wood oven). The size was medium. They served it on a wooden plate, already sliced in pieces. I found it to be worthy for half the prize, but I don't think I would pay the full prize for it. We had "Ham and bacon" (125 THB) and "Hawaiian" (110 THB).

rdrokit

• KFers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 10:30:39 AM »

If you live in JoHo, Pon who use to have the bar/restaurant near Blue Steak is now doing pizza for delivery only. Actually a better pizza than Blue Steak. His toppings are , Pepperoni, Salami, Onion, Mushroom, Green Pepper, Black Olive, Ham, Pineapple. Any combination of toppings just 200 baht. His # is 090-307-7106. 16:00 - 22:00 Closed Wednesday.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 10:23:01 AM »

New Jantirà pizza shop just opened next to Save One market, expected to rout all competitors away. Placemark in annex.

Pages: [1] 2