Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Quote of the day  (Read 8848 times)

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Quote of the day
« on: July 14, 2013, 08:41:38 AM »

Thought I would start a new topic for inspirational quotes

Hatred Ceases Only by Love

“Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.”

A quote by Buddha
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

angsta

• Forum Sage
Re: Quote of the day
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »

"Don't piss up my leg and tell me it's raining"

Anon.
Never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

"Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’"

There is no society.

Noodles

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »

I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

- Stephen Wright

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:45:25 PM »

Fear

[attachment deleted by admin]
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

dutchy124

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »

I've spent all my money on whiskey and women, the rest I wasted.

Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »

^ George Best (nearly).

He also said;

I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.

George Best

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgebest253900.html#RWEd1ixw35QE77Pt.99

angsta

• Forum Sage
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 06:13:32 PM »

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

F. Bueller (1986)

Age shouldn't affect you. It's just like the size of your shoes - they don't determine how you live your life! You're either marvelous or you're boring, regardless of your age.

Steven Patrick Morrissey

Never argue with an idiot, first they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

"Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’"

There is no society.

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:00:21 PM »

Quote of the day

- Socrates

KBMKVIII

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »

Confucius say:
Man who drop watch in toilet
going to have shi**y time

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »

“Be empty of worrying.

Think of who created thought!

Why do you stay in prison

When the door is so wide open?”
- Socrates

Noodles

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »

“You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.”
― Orson Welles

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 08:49:37 PM »

Today's quote

- Socrates

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 09:45:00 AM »

Be careful with your words.

Once they are said they can only be forgiven,

not forgotten
- Socrates

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »

“Be realistic: Plan for a miracle”
- Socrates

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »

I believe that when you meet a gay person, you should distinguish the fact of being gay from the fact of making a lobby. Because no lobby is good. That's the point. If a person is gay and is looking for the Lord and has goodwill, who am I to judge that person? Catechism of the Catholic Church explains it so nicely. It says that these persons shouldn't be marginalized because of that. They should be integrated in society. Having this leaning is not the problem, no! We must be brothers, because this is one but there's another one and another and another. The problem is lobbying: for this leaning, or for business, political lobbies, Freemasons' lobbies, so many lobbies you see? This is the worst problem for me. And I thank you so much for asking this question. Thank you very much.

Pope Francis talking free-wheel to journalists on the flight taking him back from his trip Brazil on July 29, 2013
Village idiots unwelcome here

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 12:23:25 PM »

CRAP

- Socrates

dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »

Tell that to the parents of 14 year old Hannah Smith who hung herself after being bullied on Ask.fm!!

RIP Hannah.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 05:32:13 PM »

say what you mean

- Socrates

jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »

Carrots, Eggs, or Coffee; "Which are you?"

A young woman went to her grandmother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose.

Her grandmother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs and the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her granddaughter, she asked, "Tell me what do you see?"

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

She brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they got soft.She then asked her to take an egg and break it.

After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

Finally, she asked her to sip the coffee. The granddaughter smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma. The granddaughter then asked. "What's the point,grandmother?"

Her grandmother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity--boiling water--but each reacted differently.

The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But, after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened.

The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her granddaughter.

"When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?"

Think of this: Which am I?

Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity, do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff?

Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you.

When the hours are the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate to another level?

Author unknown

- Socrates

Noodles

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 08:39:01 PM »

You're only as good as your last envelope" - Tony Soprano.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20