Korat-Farang.com

Sinet fttx anyone got anything good or bad to say about them?

sushi · 18 · 639

Offline sushi

After a couple of months of very patchy reliability and slow speeds from tot, we are looking at changing to sinet fiber optic, they have a variety of speeds however 30mb download 3mb upload for 1100 baht seems the best option for us.

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
found this in another forum

The speeds advertised are domestic bandwidth only

good for local video though

Offline sushi

Yep that's the same for all if them, unless you're willing to pay quite a lot. It has to go through one of the international gateways which are the bottleneck for most things. Hopefully it will be pretty good for torrents I've always had 10-15% of my advertised bandwidth for torrents, so somewhere in the neighbourhood of 3-4mbps download would keep me happy.   

I'm getting mine installed as soon as my months notice with tot is finished, so I'll post my experiences good or bad on here.

Offline sushi

No, their website isn't great, nor are their brochures but then neither are tot, after 2 years with them there was never a clear list of packages available!  The sales staff and engineers at sinet were very helpful when we visited their office to see if it was available at our house, fortunately it's pretty close to where I live, so that should be an advantage if we do have any problems.

Online Herbie

Strange how the service varies.
I have had the basic package with TOT for 4 years here in Joho.
Very solid, I always seem to get 8.5+ on my 10M package.

Offline sulasno

• Forum Wizard
I am going to apply for TOT's ADSL (max 6 Mb speed available) together with IPTV to test a router and an extender

Offline sushi

My tot was fantastic for about 2 years I had 10/1 and I got pretty much exactly that of the time. But for whatever reason it's now significantly slower, perhaps too many users? as my estate is now full whereas it was half empty when we first signed up. 

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I'm getting mine installed as soon as my months notice with tot is finished, so I'll post my experiences good or bad on here.

Sushi, did you subscribe to Sinet FTTx? How was your experience so far?
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline sushi

Well.....I was all set to sign up to them as their service office was at the end of my road, but my wife signed up to TOT fibre 30/5mbps, which despite my initial sulk is pretty good although the wifi router is crap.  Sinet is part of tot as far as I can gather and the prices are pretty much the same.

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
I saw an advert on Fox Thai yesterday that CTH Wifi offer 30 MBPS for 599 Baht per month.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline sushi

Wifi internet or mobile date can be a good option our neighbour use it and they are happy with it, but be wary if you are planning on downloading torrents or watching a lot of you tube etc. I looked at AIS's service and it had a data limit that was far too low for me. 

The only problem I've had with tot is occasional very slow browsing at peak times, torrents, online gaming and you tube are pretty fast. 

I may have a look at sinet again as according to the brochure uploaded, it's cheaper for a higher upload speed, 10mbps as opposed to the 5mbps I get.  We pay 1250ish a month for 30/3 Mbps my bill actually says 3mbps but I always get 5mbps. 

I don't read much Thai but that looks like you have to pay a year in advance to get the lower price, but 899 a month seems pretty decent.  The big attraction for me of sinet is the proximity of their service office, where all of their network engineers are based.  So close that I would guess if had any loss of service, so would they!!

Offline gatorsoft

• Even crazier after all these years
I've been using Sinet for several months and have been pleased with them. 

Previously I had 3BB which had outages at least weekly and often daily.  Any call to their customer service had the same results:  everything was great on their end and I must need to replace my modem and/or router.  After multiple calls, they would grudgingly send someone out that would find the problem somewhere down the road and it would work again for a few days.  They never replaced my modem or router. 

Sinet has had very few outages, and responsive customer service.  I can't vouch for the speeds at all times.  Most of the time I use a VPN in the USA, and wifi.  With 4 people and about 9 devices competing for the wifi use, I am not surprised when things slow down, but usually I can watch Netflix without any delays.
"I never really thought of myself as a freak...but I love to freak"

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I've been using Sinet for several months and have been pleased with them (cut) 

Thank you for the feedback.

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Sinet has improved service and reduced prices on their FTTx offers. Photos of leaflet they are distributing now. I'll probably turn to them at the end of current 3BB contract.

Offline happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
A couple of years ago I changed from 3bb to true internet. I went for the 15mb for 799 baht, after I had it in for a couple of weeks they notified us that they were upgrading us to 30mb for the same price. we don't normally get 30mb though because it is normally 48-50mb and trouble free.....best move we ever made. Oh by the way true also gave us a free tv set top cable box as well although we have never ever used it because all the programmes are in Thai....lol
HL  ;D

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
A couple of years ago I changed from 3bb to true internet.

Thanks HL. In the past, when checking with True, they always told me they were not covering my area for Internet. Maybe things have changed now. I will check them out too, I got plenty of time anyway.

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I signed up for a second term with Sinet. Their minimum Fiber package is now 50/20 Mbps for 513 THB a month (15-month contract). Service is not perfect but has been improving since last year, and is good enough for me.

If I'm not mistaking, 3BB's minimum Fiber package is now 100/30 Mbps for about 690 THB a month (12-month contract); plus, in my case, 2,200 THB for new router. On balance, that would have costed me some 70% more a month for the first year. No thanks.