Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In memory of Steen, The Odd Viking. You will be sadly missed. Our sincere condolences to Steen's family and friends. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Korat to Chiangmai airlines  (Read 1511 times)

Pompui

Re: Korat to Chiangmai airlines
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »

At the entrance by KFC. Squeezed in between the inner and outer doors.

Photo taken today:

She's either bored or asleep  :D
Live like you are dying

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Solid Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 08:19:52 AM »

At the entrance by KFC. Squeezed in between the inner and outer doors.

Photo taken today:

She could do with a good boring
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »

She could do with a good boring

She was absorbed in her work. Next time I will ask her to smile at the camera for my friends Pompui and Nookie  :)
Village idiots unwelcome here

caller

• Solid Member
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 08:52:46 PM »

Purely out of curiosity, are there regular hours when this desk is manned - so  to speak?

Half the time I see it, there is no-one there.

Kev

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 07:26:44 AM »

She might have been on a toilet break  ;)

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Solid Member
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 07:54:40 AM »

Wizard what is the current fare pls

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 11:14:31 AM »

Purely out of curiosity, are there regular hours when this desk is manned - so  to speak?

Half the time I see it, there is no-one there.

The timing I usually pass by there is between 13:00 and 15:00, and I often see even two employees on duty together.

Wizard

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »

They were still advertising a 999 THB Fare at the gate on my return yesterday! I booked on their website no problem, but not sure how many
special prices they sell on each flight! On my flight, I had some friends that wanted to go, but the flight had no special fares, but a fare of 1995 THB for each flight! So book early and I'm sure you can get the special. Maybe the girl at The Mall can bypass the Website Fare.
the flight home was great and arrived 10 minutes early!

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 05:34:51 PM »

The Kan Air selling counter at The Mall, in the photo above, is gone since a couple of days.

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 07:25:02 PM »

The Korat - Chiang Mai route has been discontinued. It has been removed from the Kan Airlines website.

http://www.kanairlines.com/web/flight-schedule
http://www.kanairlines.com/web/file/sche.pdf
Nil carborundum illegentium est

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Solid Member
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »

KAN AIR has been forced to halt many flights due to them being assigned as charter flights when in fact they are scheduled flights,,,,,,,,,,The Korat -Chang Mai is one of them.

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 09:54:03 PM »

Surely there can't be that many people traveling from Korat to Chang Mai, is there???
HL  ;D

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Solid Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 07:30:34 AM »

I see many flights still available. Why is this particular flight canceled until further notice? Many Thais (and myself) believe this has less to do with being a chartered or scheduled flight but more to do with whoever is in control of bus transport services. This one flight takes a lot of potential business away from the owner of the company or better yet, owner of this monopoly.

Yes, we all know that Thailand's aviation sector is under international scrutiny but I think this is nothing but a well played smoke screen for the Korat to Chiang Mai route! Lots of tea money as well! Just my opinion ... any thoughts, anyone?
It is not just the one route,it appears to involve 9 different routes!

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Solid Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 07:35:06 AM »

Surely there can't be that many people traveling from Korat to Chang Mai, is there???
HL  ;D
It seemed to be averaging a decent load factor & was full on the odd occasion when it coincided with Buriram Race Weekends.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2017, 08:41:45 PM »

NewGen Airways to fly Chiang Mai and Phuket from Korat

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: Commercial passenger flights will return to the province's only airport, Nong Teng, after a two-year hiatus with the launch of two new services by NewGen Airways, to Chiang Mai and Phuket.

Nong Teng is approximately 26 kilometres east of the city of Nakhon Ratchasima and is the only airport in the province. Currently, no regular airlines operate flights to or from Nong Teng.

The airline plans to start operating the routes in December, Jarurnpong Sornprasit, chief executive of NewGen Airways, said.

Bangkok Post full article

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Solid Member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 07:52:47 AM »

NewGen Airways to fly Chiang Mai and Phuket from Korat

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: Commercial passenger flights will return to the province's only airport, Nong Teng, after a two-year hiatus with the launch of two new services by NewGen Airways, to Chiang Mai and Phuket.

Nong Teng is approximately 26 kilometres east of the city of Nakhon Ratchasima and is the only airport in the province. Currently, no regular airlines operate flights to or from Nong Teng.

The airline plans to start operating the routes in December, Jarurnpong Sornprasit, chief executive of NewGen Airways, said.

The article I read said MAYBE.......I personally would have thought Buriram as a better option as 4 flights a day currently operate form there so a bigger potential customer base too

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 05:02:13 PM »

Korat hopes return of flights will help province soar

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: Local people have hailed an airline for putting their province back on the aviation map again, expressing hopes that it will boost trade, investment and tourism.

Korat residents have been without air service for more than two years. That changed on Sunday, when NewGen Airways confirmed regular flights to Chiang Mai and Phuket from Nakhon Ratchasima airport.

"We will definitely launch flights from Korat to Chiang Mai and Korat to Phuket on Dec 3," airline chief executive officer Jarunpong Sornprasit said.

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 12:32:50 AM »

NAKHON RATCHASIMA, 18 November 2017 (NNT) – Nakhon Ratchasima airport has operated its first chartered flights to accommodate a meeting of chambers of commerce and planned to operate new regular flights to Chiang Mai and Phuket next month.

Department of Airports Director-General Darun Saengchai revealed the agency had approved the operation of a chartered flight No. E3 7511 by New Gen Airways to fly from Nakhon Ratchasima to Surat Thani on 17 November 2017 in order to transport attendees of the 35th National Chambers of Commerce conference in the southern province.

The flight, operated by a Boeing 737-800 aircraft, is considered the inaugural service of a charter flight from Nakhon Ratchasima airport.

New Gen Airways has also requested for the license to operate another chartered flight from Surat Thani to Nakhon Ratchasima on 19 November 2017. The airline will open regular daily flights between Nakhon Ratchasima - Chiang Mai - Nakhon Ratchasima, and Nakhon Ratchasima - Phuket - Nakhon Ratchasima starting on 3 December 2017.

Nakhon Ratchasima airport can accommodate 300 passengers at its terminal and can accommodate three Boeing 737 aircraft at a time.

http://nwnt.prd.go.th/CenterWeb/NewsEN/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNECO6011180010034
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2017, 11:08:14 PM »

Today was first day for New Gen flights from Korat. Here is the reception organized at Chiang Mai's airport.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF48j7tVCEg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF48j7tVCEg</a>

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2018, 08:26:29 AM »

Hi Anton. I guess you've already looked around and sometimes two 'eads are better than one - but not this time ! New Gen have no internal Thailand flights on their schedules at all.

https://www.newgenairways.com/web/en/flightschedule.php

It doesn't seem anyone is flying Korat - Chiang Mai now . . . .
Pages: 1 [2] 3