Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: So What Have You Eaten Lately  (Read 8621 times)

Thaiphoon

So What Have You Eaten Lately
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:46:57 PM »

I like to see what other people have to eat , so I thought I would start this topic

Here's a shot of a recent meal , with friends who came to stay . The seafood came from Pattaya , sadly as I am some what shaky when it comes to eating sea food
I did not partake, but every one else tucked in  ;D

So What Have You Eaten Lately

Thaiphoon

Re: So What Have You Eaten Lately
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:12:33 PM »

We went to the Mall today and were in a hurry so we went to KFC for lunch - fried chicken, fish burger, mashed potatoes and French fries. This evening we had a light meal of smoked salmon, fresh wholemeal bread and some mixed salad.

Bugger , I often sit in there for a quick nibble and watch the other farangs pass by while mentally pulling their dress scene to bits , may be we have crossed paths  ;D , so next time you are in KFC look out for a short stubby , balding guy , I normally wear a Black Tee shirt with Cliff Richards and a union Jack on the front , tight fitting denim shorts and Red Bum bag around my waist - you can't miss me .

Do you like Indian food by any chance ?

Thaiphoon

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 08:39:34 AM »

I saw one strange looking farang dude there today but he looked a bit paler than you, Thaiphoon. And yes, I like Indian food. Why do you ask? Do you have a supply of poppadoms? 

Ive recently returned from a trip to Pattaya, and had some nice Indian food there , I am looking for Indian food in Korat  ;D

Thaiphoon

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 08:42:08 AM »

Chicken, Chicken, Chicken , I love thee  ;D

Just a quick Snack

brettandlek

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 04:10:28 PM »

Isnt that funny, not a fan of chicken feet as they are so fiddley, but chicken in particular is my favorite meat.
Lek on the other hand will not eat chaicken feet as she associates them with feet in general and you know how the thais are with feet.
She is not big on chicken at all, her mum told her that too much is no good for your joints, same with goong.

Thaiphoon

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »

Isnt that funny, not a fan of chicken feet as they are so fiddley, but chicken in particular is my favorite meat.
Lek on the other hand will not eat chaicken feet as she associates them with feet in general and you know how the thais are with feet.
She is not big on chicken at all, her mum told her that too much is no good for your joints, same with goong.

What would Lek think of this snack  :)

brettandlek

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 06:33:14 AM »

I asked her and first reaction was yum, then she said she has never eaten them before, mum never let her eat something like that, not that particular type, they are those things that make a noise of a night time and you stomp the ground near them and they stop? I think spelled Cikata? She did, however, eat locust from a neighbouring corn farm. Looks same to me?
The only thing she did with Cikata's which she got in trouble for was put a couple of them in a box and in the morning they fight and one would most likely die. Her mum called that "Barp" or something sounding like that meaning bad to make a bug die?
Something like that anyway.

Thaiphoon

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »

Last Night , its pizza time

brettandlek

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »

This is a pic from the first time Lek ever cooked Khao ku kapi (not really sure how to spell it)
It was very yummy. Everytime i go past a Thai restaurant i look at the menu to see if there is something Lek hasnt cooked, sadly there never is :-( But this one she hadnt made as she didnt think i would like it with the "Kapi" but i did.
There was a time where she ate something with Kapi in there that i didnt like the look of, god i couldnt go near her for a while after.
Also the other stuff i loath is "Cha-om" that smelly green twiggy stuff, it is awful smelling.
She cooked something with that and some other stuff including some fermented crap, i'm afraid it does nothing for me.
I havent got any other pictures but i will be sure to get some from now on.

[attachment deleted by admin]

brettandlek

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »

Thaiphoon, that pizza looks nice, especially the bred base. Did you make it yourself?

Brett, I like the shrimp paste, too. I don't usually order it for myself but when my wife orders it for herself, I usually eat some of it.  ;)   Is that pork in the bowl?
Yes dude that is pork rasher they call it here, we dont eat much of it.
The only time we eat that is for this dish or for kanom muu grok. She boils the pork rasher then bakes it in the oven and chops it into small pieces and stir fries it with chinese brocolli and i think oyster sauc, oh it is so yummy.

Thaiphoon

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 07:56:29 PM »

Thaiphoon, that pizza looks nice, especially the bred base. Did you make it yourself?

Brett, I like the shrimp paste, too. I don't usually order it for myself but when my wife orders it for herself, I usually eat some of it.  ;)   Is that pork in the bowl?

Alife , Yes all home made .

Thaiphoon

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »

Looks good, Thaiphoon - apart from the missing potatoes  :o

Was the wine good?

Mashed spuds ( knob of butter ) in a separate bowl  ;D

The wine is from the Malls supermarket , found it hidden away by chance , 220 Baht a bottle , its not brilliant but drinkable if its un corked a few hours prior
to quaffing it down  ::)  I had some Brussels sprout the other day , brought over from Pattaya , I wish I could find them in Korat , not to every one's taste , but I love them

brettandlek

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 04:44:20 PM »

Looks pretty good to me, truth be told kai is my fav.

Thaiphoon

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »

Looks pretty good to me, truth be told kai is my fav.

And mine too , its a funny thing when I ever get get talking to other expats , we inevitably end up talking about what foods we miss the most  :)
by the way , have you ever eaten Kangaroo meat ?

brettandlek

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 05:21:08 PM »

Only eaten a Kangaroo pie at a place called "Pie Stop" here in Melbourne, be honest, i could taste any difference to any other meat.

brettandlek

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »

No sorry i lied, for memory that was horse, or goat?
I will revisit that place it is only 5 minutes from my place of employ,

Thaiphoon

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 06:02:08 PM »

Only eaten a Kangaroo pie at a place called "Pie Stop" here in Melbourne, be honest, i could taste any difference to any other meat.

Ive have a friend who lives in Australia , and the words '' pie shop '' pop up in our emails on a regular basis, Oh i had a great chicken koram pie
last night , it sounds a bit like the English fish & Chip shop thing  ;D

brettandlek

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 06:15:19 PM »

The "Pie Stop" if they dont have it nobody will.

Thaiphoon

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 06:54:37 AM »

Still hot , Home made chicken pies  :)

brettandlek

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50:42 AM »

They look alright
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14