Korat-Farang.com

So What Have You Eaten Lately

Guest · 263 · 9365

brettandlek

Not big on that myself unless it is in the form of a crisp. I think they bake it, maybe fry, not sure.

Thaiphoon

Alife

They do look nice  ;D

sadly I can't take any spicy food ( stomach problem ) Durian not really some thing ive managed to take to .

Thaiphoon

^ Your potatoes look nice, Thaiphoon, and the sage and onion sauce sounds tasty.

Fortunately for me, my wife has mastered the art of making British style chips. She makes them really well. 99 times out of a hundred, they are either really good or excellent. Two weeks ago, they were absolutely perfect. It was the ultimate chip-eating experience for me. Last night, she made some more chips and served them with fried fish. She used Dory as it is cheap and easy to find (CP sell it) and is a reasonable white fish alternative to cod or haddock. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures - taken after I had scoffed half of it down.

Alfie

is the '' Dory '' sold frozen in a CP marked packing and where can I find it  :)

Thanks T

PS  The Chips look super .

Thaiphoon

Thaiphoon
In CP shops the dory (packs of frozen dory fish fillets) is marked as a CP product. I think there are several CP shops around. There's one in Phimai and one in Joho near the night market close to Home Garden Ville (Sa Krok). There are probably more CP shops around. You can also buy frozen dory in the Mall Freshmart supermarket. If I recall correctly there's no brand lable on the wrapping. Mrs Alfie says it's a bit more expensive in the Mall.

Thanks for that, I'll let you know how I get on , and hopefully photos to follow  ;D

Thaiphoon

I like a biscuit every now and then with my bed time coco  ;D

These are not too sweet and one of my favorites , 30 Baht in most supermarkets

Give then a try 

Thaiphoon

I forwent my normal English man's breakfast , of Two sausages , Two fried eggs , bacon, beans and fried bread , for this  ;D

cornflakes, mango, raisins , and a few chocolate sunflower kernels to add a bit of sweetness .

Thaiphoon

Ah not chicken again love, you know the too much can make a man , cluck, cluck,cluck go a bit funny in the cluck, cluck , head  ;D

Thaiphoon

A Jamaican "Beer Can" Butty.   :D 

it does look nice ..  finding decent '' Beer Can '' is a quest not to be taken taken lightly  ;D

Thaiphoon

Just like grandma use to make , home made bread and butter pudding  ;D

Thaiphoon

brettandlek

Never made scotch egs before, dont think i have ever tried them either but they look great.
I am looking at youtube now at a vid on how to make them, might give them a go.

Thaiphoon

Never made scotch egs before, dont think i have ever tried them either but they look great.
I am looking at youtube now at a vid on how to make them, might give them a go.

give them a try if you can, very nice when you dip a bit in .

brettandlek

Thaiphoon

I'm a confirmed dipper , no not the pickpocket sort  ;D

Happiness = a Mug of Tea + Biscuits

So I was happy to give these sold in 7-11 a try

first impressions , very nutty and a hint of oats .

Thaiphoon

Ah Red Wine The Elixir Of Life  ;D

There's a few things I look forward to and one is  trying out a new bottle of wine , this particular bottle I bought from that well known wine importer Big C , priced at 295 ฿

Its from a California grower and made with Cabernet Sauvignon red wine grapes , with a warm rich black current flavour and not too much of a tannic taste . Over all easily drinkable ,opened beforehand to let it breath and it went down well in conjunction with a nice beef dish .

Thaiphoon

First attempt by Mrs T at almond oat biscuits , not bad  :)

I have told her is she can do a Spotted Dick , just like Grandma use to make , I will let her stay out later when she's on her
plastic bottle collecting round .

brettandlek

Never occured to me that I could post in here without a pic.
I have drams getting photos onto my computer from the missus camera.
Last night we had khao man gai and the night before we had kanah moo grob, yummy

Thaiphoon

Just finished this off

Mixed fried vegetables with pork in oyster sauce

Thaiphoon

Alfie sadly my culinary skills amount to taking the top off a HP Sauce bottles  ;D , Mrs T is the guilty one , this week end its more home made biscuits
no wonder I need elasticated waist shorts   ;D