Korat-Farang.com

Water pumps

Hector · 2 · 135

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
I want to pump water from my large pond at the back of my property some 140 metres to a large concrete tank in the walled and raised part of it, from where I will pipe the water to the places I need it - this latter part is not the problem.  I do not want to situate the pump by the pond because a) it will get nicked and b) I would have to run a power cable up there.  I therefore want to put the pump behind my wall beside the water tank and adjacent to a power point.  Question: I need a pump that sucks water rather than pushes it.  Suggestions gratefully received.

Offline Aussie

Lift, Head and Flow are described simply by opening up the link I have provided.  I used a 5kva petrol pump to fill a 25,000 litre tank in slightly less than 2 hours.  The pump was placed near the water source and pumped to an elevation of approximately 100 vertical feet from the source to the tank.  5kva fire pumps using the 2" outlet are reasonably light to carry to your car when you are finished pumping.  The further the pump is away from the source the harder to prime the pump. I always left my pump in situ and for over 10 years it was never stolen.  http://www.onestopfire.com/head.htm
Regards
“The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government.”
― Thomas Jefferson,