Korat-Farang.com

Chang International Circuit, Buriram

yakosey · 24 · 840

Offline yakosey

Just went onto their website to see what was happening this year and I can only see two events?? Is this a mistake or are they struggling already?
http://www.bric.co.th/home/default.aspx
"Despite The Cost of Living It Still Remains Popular "

Online Pompui

I guess they are because their website isn't even working now. Guess that's what you get for building a race track in the middle of nowhere.
Live like you are dying

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Just went onto their website to see what was happening this year and I can only see two events??

Too many already, as far as I'm concerned  8)
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
The website works with this url: http://www.bric.co.th/th/index.php

I can only see one event listed for this year - 20-22 March.
FIM Superbike World Championship: http://bric.co.th/th/e_7/FIMSuperbikeWorldChampionshipWSBK.html
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Online Pompui

They probably only want to show international or world races on their calendar.

http://www.thailandsuperseries.net/calendar.php
Live like you are dying

Offline koratwanderer

Got my tickets for the World Superbikes a few weeks ago. 1500 baht for the main grandstand or 300 baht for the side stands, available at any 7-11. Apparently there are no areas where you can just stand or sit on a grass bank like you can in the UK.

Offline koratwanderer

Just went onto their website to see what was happening this year and I can only see two events??

Too many already, as far as I'm concerned  8)

If you have no interest in this topic, why post!

Offline koratwanderer

They probably only want to show international or world races on their calendar.

http://www.thailandsuperseries.net/calendar.php

There have been many events already, and several more throughout this year, but for some reason their website seems to be undergoing restructuring, so only WSBK showing at the moment.

Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo Alex Espargaro and Bradley Smith were there a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg3pnOl9jI0

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
If you have no interest in this topic, why post!

Because I'm not indifferent to this topic. I have a "negative" interest strong enough to make me post.

Offline happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
I drove into the circuit yesterday and took this picture of the huge notice board on display.
It shows dates for the months of October, November and December but it doesn't say which year, so I don't know whether its from last year or whether its for the end of this year.
But there is quite a bit going on sometime anyway.
HL  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
it doesn't say which year, so I don't know whether its from last year or whether its for the end of this year

Looks like last year's to me.

Offline happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
Haha and why do you say that then Anton, with your avid lack of interest. Are you now saying that you recognise the race days in question or what?
HL  ;D

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Haha and why do you say that then Anton, with your avid lack of interest. Are you now saying that you recognise the race days in question or what?

I just suppose that races and events normally take place over the weekend, and the dates given correspond to weekends in 2014, not in 2015. I may be wrong of course, about them taking place over the weekends.

Offline yakosey

Thanks for all the input  ;)

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Anton is right. They are fixtures for last year.

If you zoom in on the photo, you can see the dates are for October, November and December. If you do a google search in Thai for Buriram, 19 October i-mobile, you'll find a football match report for Buriram v Osotsps, which you can just about recognise on the sign in the photograph. The score was 2-2: http://www.smmsport.com/score/match_detail.php?match=5810

Doing the same for 26 October shows the game was Buriram V Chainat. It's shown here: http://www.siamsport.co.th/thaipremierleague/result_preview.asp?id=54547
It's also just about recognisable from the photo.

(Football match fixtures are on the left in the photo. Motorsport fixtures are on the right).
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline koratwanderer

6 of us went to the World Superbikes yesterday at Buriram International Circuit. Had a great time, good crowd there and excellent viewing experience.

The organization of getting the crowds into and out of the circuit left a bit to be desired in the usual Thai manner, but the racing was good and from the main grandstand you can see virtually all the circuit. When the riders do go out of visual range you can still see them on a big screen in front of the grandstand.

Great day out, I'll certainly go back there again.

Vulcandanny

don't worry guys, chang international circuit in buriram will survive..... the owner is one of the richest guys in thaiand, he also owns thailands permier league champions "buriram united", the stadium is just right beside the circuit.
as a petrolhead and a former racer, i was very happy when i did hear about that circuit the first time and because i could not beleive it, i went there the first time in september last year, when the circuit still was unter construction.
i could not beleive what i did see there, the whole thing was huge and they really did built a real international racetrack. the designer was mr. hermann thilke, he is the most famous designer for new racetracks, he did design many of the modern formula 1 tracks.
by the way, chang international circuit is the biggest in thailand and it has FIA grade 1 and FIM grade A, what means that formula 1 and motoGP could host.
the second time i went there was in november last year to watch one of the first races there, it was the last round of the thai superbike championship.
wow, what a track, for spectators its one of the best tracks in the world as long as u sit at the grandstand. as koratwanderer said, u can see almos all of the circuit from the grandstand, that is very unique.
they hostet already the asean gt championships last year and the past weekend, the world superbike series was there. most of the riders and the teams did like it very much and i did hear some rumors that the chances are good that motoGP will host next year because the thai motorbikemarket is growing extremly fast. a few years ago, there were almost no legal bigbikes on the market, today almost all well known brands have shops in almost all bigger cities, some even started to build big bikes in thailand, so the prices for those bikes dropped.
by 1st of november the wtcc (world touring car chanpionships) will be at buriram as well.
the circuit will also be used by carbuilders for tests, when all the constructions will be done, there will be a testtrack, a dirttrack, a dragsterlane and a gokarttrack as well.
thanks to the man, mr. newin chitchob, who made all this happened and i am very sure, he will survive and buriram will be a must for many international series, cars or bikes, in the future.
i wanted to visit the sbk race the past weekend but i got no motorbike at the moment, so i did watch it on tv and it was great. in the smaller class, the supersports championship, even a thairider won, it was the famous gp2 driver wilarot, his brother was 5th in the same race. great for thailand, it was the first victory of a thairacer in that series and it was the first race in thailand. so that will go into the history books..... congrats to the winners....

Online Pompui

6 of us went to the World Superbikes yesterday at Buriram International Circuit. Had a great time, good crowd there and excellent viewing experience.

The organization of getting the crowds into and out of the circuit left a bit to be desired in the usual Thai manner, but the racing was good and from the main grandstand you can see virtually all the circuit. When the riders do go out of visual range you can still see them on a big screen in front of the grandstand.

Great day out, I'll certainly go back there again.

Yeah, they said on TV that people were still coming in as the first race ended.
Live like you are dying

Offline yakosey

don't worry guys, chang international circuit in buriram will survive.....
That's good to hear, I was hoping to make it there last weekend but something came up at the last minute and I couldn't go..... >:(

Offline nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
don't worry guys, chang international circuit in buriram will survive.....
That's good to hear, I was hoping to make it there last weekend but something came up at the last minute and I couldn't go..... >:(
All rooms were booked within a 50km radius!!
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net