Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In memory of Steen, The Odd Viking. You will be sadly missed. Our sincere condolences to Steen's family and friends. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Best bus service Korat to Bangkok  (Read 1984 times)

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Re: Best bus service Korat to Bangkok
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 06:53:08 PM »

Anton mentioned earlier about them leaving on time.....my wife went to Bangkok this afternoon and she was standing at the ticket counter paying for a ticket and yet the bus closed its doors and reversed out because it was their time to go, and the ticket clerk said they had closed the book on that bus and she had to book on the next one 45 minutes later. I could not believe it!!!!
Needless to say she went to one of the other firms and caught a VIP bus with ten minutes wait.
HL  ;D

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2017, 06:57:17 PM »

Thinking about my above post, I cant make up my mind whether to praise them for leaving dead on time or to slate them for not waiting another thirty seconds.
HL  ;D

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »

my wife went to Bangkok this afternoon and she was standing at the ticket counter paying for a ticket and yet the bus closed its doors and reversed out because it was their time to go, and the ticket clerk said they had closed the book on that bus and she had to book on the next one 45 minutes later. I could not believe it!!!!

I cant make up my mind whether to praise them for leaving dead on time or to slate them for not waiting another thirty seconds.

My guess would be that the bus was full, or else it would really be an unheard-of case in the Thai context. The one I took Sunday was full. Does your wife know if that bus was full HL?
Village idiots unwelcome here

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 07:04:33 PM »

Nakhonchai Tour have been operating for many years

I think all drivers coming regularly into town from direction Bangkok know them, as they often stop traffic to let busses in and out their headquarters opposite Tesco Lotus on Mitthapap. Maybe someone also bumped into the company's annual parade they hold on the same stretch of road.

nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Solid Member
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2017, 06:11:19 AM »

Thinking about my above post, I cant make up my mind whether to praise them for leaving dead on time or to slate them for not waiting another thirty seconds.
HL  ;D
Unless the bus was already full then slate them.I would have thought if it was full the woman in the Ticket Office would have said so.
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »

According to sales lady at the window, Nakhonchai Twenty-one busses are now covering 3 routes from Korat: Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Mukdahan.
According to another Nakhonchai Tour employee I met today, however, the above-mentioned information is wrong and Nakhonchai Twenty-one would be serving only Korat-Bangkok for the moment.

Today I was at Korat bus station again and went back to their ticket office just to clear this point. This time they confirmed new busses only on the Korat-Bangkok route for the moment. Yet, I'm positive there was no misunderstanding with first lady mentioned above: God knows why she provided wrong information.

Another point: they have 2 ticket offices on the same raw, the first being the one in the photo (reply no. 24), near the start of the raw; the second further down in front of bus parking no. 15. For individual bookings and for boarding the bus, you must go to the second one. I'm still referring exclusively to Nakhonchai Tour / Nakhonchai Twenty-one ticket offices.

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »

HL  ;D
Unless the bus was already full then slate them.I would have thought if it was full the woman in the Ticket Office would have said so.

Oui said they just said "the bookings were closed because it was time to leave", and although she can't say for certain but she was pretty sure the bus had seats available, because when she first got to the counter they were going to sell one but then stopped and the bus went.
HL  ;D

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

Oui said they just said "the bookings were closed because it was time to leave", and although she can't say for certain but she was pretty sure the bus had seats available, because when she first got to the counter they were going to sell one but then stopped and the bus went.

Perhaps because it was already a few minutes late on the schedule? Otherwise it would seem really odd.

happylarry

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2017, 09:42:26 PM »

Perhaps because it was already a few minutes late on the schedule? Otherwise it would seem really odd.

Well if that was the reason then their watch was wrong.....lol.....because it was due to go at 13-45 and went at 13-45.
You do seem keen to defend them Anton or is it just that you like getting at me.....lol
HL  ;D

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »

You do seem keen to defend them Anton or is it just that you like getting at me

Neither one of the two, just talking and trying to understand. So maybe they are betting it all on quality service, including strict punctuality.

keemapoot

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 07:09:15 PM »

Thanks for the review with additional pros in favour of this service Keemapoot. Objectively, I agree with you that it may well be the best Korat-Bangkok bus service on the market right now.

Why do you insist on calling it "Nakhonchai Air"? Just a recurring slip or am I missing something? As explained in reply no. 24, with photos, we're talking about a subsidiary of "Nakhonchai Tour".

I'm not sure of the relationship between Nakhonchai Air and Nakhonchai 21 and Nakhonchai Tour. I do know that the 21 operation seems like it's part of the Nakhonchai Air family, and that they do stop at the Nakhonchai Air terminal upon arrival in Bangkok prior to the final stop at Mochit. However, they do not enter the terminal itself, but park alongside.

Be interesting if anyone has ownership information, but nonetheless, yes, you are right the name of the company should not be referred to as Nahkonchai Air.

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 11:32:37 PM »

I'm not sure of the relationship between Nakhonchai Air and Nakhonchai 21 and Nakhonchai Tour. I do know that the 21 operation seems like it's part of the Nakhonchai Air family, and that they do stop at the Nakhonchai Air terminal upon arrival in Bangkok prior to the final stop at Mochit. However, they do not enter the terminal itself, but park alongside.

Be interesting if anyone has ownership information, but nonetheless, yes, you are right the name of the company should not be referred to as Nahkonchai Air.

The websites for both bus services mention each other.
The Nakhonchaitour website has information about Nakhonchai21 and the Nakhonchai21 website has information about Nakhonchaitour!

Copyright @ 2016 Nakhonchai 21 Company Limited. Hotline:(044) 257997
บริษัท นครชัย 21 จำกัด 1536-38 ถ.มิตรภาพ ต.ในเมือง อ.เมือง จ.นครราชสีมา 30000
http://www.nakhonchaitour.com/indexnct21.php

Copyright @ 2012 Nakhonchai Tour Company Limited. Hotline:(66) (044) 261555
บริษัท นครชัยทัวร์ จำกัด 1536-38 ถ.มิตรภาพ ต.ในเมือง อ.เมือง จ.นครราชสีมา 30000
http://nakhonchai21.com/nct/index.php

And both websites share the same 2 name servers (although nakhonchaitour.com uses 3 in total) and both websites share the same 2 IP addresses (nakhonchaitour.com also uses one more).
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 12:01:11 AM »

Was in Mochit yesterday afternoon with some time to kill. Went up to 3rd floor, reserved to northeast destinations, looking for Bangkok-Korat exclusive and direct services. By "exclusive" I mean that they do not continue to further destinations beyond Korat. By "direct" I mean no stops before Save One, at least in theory.

Found 5 companies, all 5 currently charging 191 THB (1st class). In alphabetical order:

- Air Korat Pattana  /  ticket windows no. 52 and 53  /  bus parking no. 77, 79 and 81
- Baan Chang Pueak  /  ticket window no. 125  /  bus parking no. 64
- Nakhonchai Twenty-one  /  ticket window no. 65  /  bus parking no. 68
- Ratchasima Tour  /  ticket window no. 41 and 49  /  bus parking no. 72
- Suranaree Air  /  ticket window no. 24 and 50  /  bus parking no. 76

Of these 5, Nakhonchai Twenty-one was quite clearly the busiest one for what I could observe while there.

Note that Nakhonchai Air is not among these. Please help complete/correct the information if you can.

keemapoot

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 05:59:21 AM »

Anton, that's very interesting that Nakhonchai Air is no longer on the 3rd floor. In the past, you could either board the NCA buses there at Mochit, or at their own dedicated terminal not far away. I have a feeling there was some sort of reorganization of Nakhonchai recently, though because it is a private company I didn't see anything in the press. I did read that about a year ago they were seriously wanting to go to IPO on the SET stock exchange, and perhaps they ran into compliance issues or something and had to reorganize for their expansion and later public offering. They also have or had expansion plans into surrounding countries.

I do know though, that the feel, the design, the service level of Nakhonchai 21 feels almost the same as the Nakhonchai Air. I suppose somebody with more time might get to the bottom of this.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 07:36:21 AM »

Anton, that's very interesting that Nakhonchai Air is no longer on the 3rd floor

Keemapoot, all I can say for the moment is that I didn't see them among those offering exclusive direct route to Korat. I couldn't swear they are not on 3rd floor at all, but I will be in Mochit again soon and I will check it out. I did see and take photos of one Nakhonchai Air ticket office on ground floor, external raw, just next to main entrance. On the other hand, their ticket office in Korat bus station shows a schedule for Bangkok according to the photo I took there 10 days ago (cropping below).

In the past, you could either board the NCA buses there at Mochit, or at their own dedicated terminal not far away

You made me curious about that dedicated terminal you are talking about. Would you be able to post a Google Earth Placemark for it?

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »

2 days ago I had to go quickly to Bangkok and back to Korat same day. The way forth, I gave Nakhonchai Twenty-one another try. Way back with Ratchasima Tour.

Korat-Bangkok with Nakhonchai Twenty-one:

I had booked my seat previous day for 10:00 run. Arrived at bus station at around 09:40, boarded immediately. 2 hostesses on board, one of them being the same as in reply no. 34.

Noise: Video was already on, loud volume, when I boarded. That's when I discovered there are individual speakers next to each raw, which can be turned off (photo). Main speakers placed above luggage-rack remain on anyway. I turned off the speaker next to me, there was some improvement but noise still too loud for me. Thus, while waiting for departure I asked the other hostess to please lower the volume, or even switch it off if possible. Nothing happened. I asked again shortly after departure: nothing. The whole trip with video on. First hour trashy TV programs, annoying noise all the time. Second hour they switched it to a news channel: great improvement, much lower noise, bearable. I got asleep but was awaken abruptly almost one hour before reaching destination by sudden loud music again, Thai pop songs. It remained on until the end.

Punctuality and swiftness: Bus was full. Guy sitting next to me was the last one to board. He boarded 4 minutes late at 10:04. Bus backed up immediately after that. Stops only at Rangsit and Don Mueang. Entered Mochit at 13:35.

Comfort: This time I had a regular seat towards the back, not in the front raw as reported in reply no. 34. Still I found that room for stretching my legs was not really enough, and I'm just 176 cm. A pity because seats feature a comfortable built-in "legrest", but useful for short-legged passengers only.

Bangkok-Korat with Ratchasima Tour:

Bought my ticket directly at boarding point as I usually do in Mochit. Before that, I asked them whether video and music would be on loud or not. They said they wouldn't be on at all.

Noise: Video and audio were off all the time indeed. For about 1 hour in the middle of the trip (more or less between Saraburi and Pakchong) there was very low music, hardly audible, coming from the front cabin, as if driver had switched on his own little radio. My second good experience with this company as far as noise is concerned (see reply no. 21).

Punctuality and swiftness: Bus was semi-empty. Nevertheless it left only 5 minutes late at 16:05. Slow motion due to heavy traffic all the way to Pakchong. One unwelcome stop somewhere before Saraburi, maybe Nawanakhon (?). Reached Save One at 19:45.

Comfort: Good and with a little more space for my legs if compared to previous one.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:08:13 AM by Anton »

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »

Anton, that's very interesting that Nakhonchai Air is no longer on the 3rd floor
Keemapoot, all I can say for the moment is that I didn't see them among those offering exclusive direct route to Korat. I couldn't swear they are not on 3rd floor at all, but I will be in Mochit again soon and I will check it out.

This morning I was in Mochit again and I found that Nakhonchai Air is on 3rd floor, ticket booth no. 17 and 18, without any exclusive run Bangkok-Korat (photos). When I told the sales lady you see at no. 18 that I wanted to go to Korat, she immediately referred me to one of the companies listed above in reply no. 52. When I insisted that I wanted to travel with Nakhonchai Air, she said in that case I should wait over 1 hour, take the next bus to Khon Kaen, and get down at Korat bus station only. Moreover, price to Korat on that bus would be 223 THB. At that point I thanked and walked away.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:20:41 PM by Anton »

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2017, 10:39:54 PM »

Today I tried Suranaree Air from Mochit to Korat at around noon.

Bangkok-Korat with Suranaree Air:

Bought my ticket directly at boarding point as I usually do in Mochit. Before buying, I asked them whether video and music would be on loud or not. As with Ratchasima Tour, they said they wouldn't be on at all. I'm a little surprised by such a conciliatory attitude on this point, could it be partly due to the fact that Nakhonchai Twenty-one is stealing all passengers away? I also asked where it would stop along the way. Answer: "no stops up to Save One in Korat" (famous last words...). Price: 191 THB.

Noise: Video and audio were off all the time. Front cabin was separated by a door, so no noise coming from there, either.

Punctuality and swiftness: Bus was semi-empty: 13 passengers on 30 available seats. Nevertheless it left only 3 minutes late at 11:03 (according to clock set on the Internet, like in previous replies). Rather slow motion in spite of favourable traffic conditions. Two stops before reaching Korat. The first one between Nawanakhon and Saraburi at a place called Wang Noi that seems to be a required stop for many companies (same spot already mentioned in reply no. 55, see last photo below). Does anybody know why they stop there? Lost about 5 minutes without any passenger getting down or coming up. The second stop really on the fly in front of Tesco Lotus Pakchong to let one passenger down. A little before Khok Kruat a Nakhonchai Twenty-one bus overtook us, presumably the one that left Mochit at 11:30 according to Nakhonchai Twenty-one schedule. We reached Save One at 14:41.

Comfort: Very good at first sight with only 3 seats per row. Towards the back, 2 seats were removed in correspondence of an emergency exit, leaving great room for baggage and for legs there (photo). Unfortunately seats seem to be so old and never serviced. Some do not recline, some do not come back up after reclining, some armrests are not swinging up and down as they should, and forget about those built-in legrests: they look good but they don't work. Only the movable footrests seemed to be working fine. I tapped on one seat as suggested by Roger in reply no. 26 and yes, much dust arose. Snack was good but no blanket. Small refreshing towel on departure - I forgot to mention about refreshing towels in other reviews, normally they all distribute one. Small toilet downstairs, no bad smell coming up as far as I could judge.

Safety: Safety belts were working fine. I know there would be much more to say about safety in general, from vehicle make to condition of tires to emergency exits and so on. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can contribute on this point.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:09:20 AM by Anton »

keemapoot

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »

Keemapoot, all I can say for the moment is that I didn't see them among those offering exclusive direct route to Korat. I couldn't swear they are not on 3rd floor at all, but I will be in Mochit again soon and I will check it out. I did see and take photos of one Nakhonchai Air ticket office on ground floor, external raw, just next to main entrance. On the other hand, their ticket office in Korat bus station shows a schedule for Bangkok according to the photo I took there 10 days ago (cropping below).

In the past, you could either board the NCA buses there at Mochit, or at their own dedicated terminal not far away

You made me curious about that dedicated terminal you are talking about. Would you be able to post a Google Earth Placemark for it?

Here is the Soidb page which has the map and also some pics of the terminal. I just drove home this weekend, so haven't had a chance to try the NC21 service again, but it sounds like you've had some bad luck with those blaring videos. I did not have that experience in the buses I was in. I think you're right about the new NC21 service being packed and if you want room to stretch, probably better off taking one of the older bus services.

http://www.soidb.com/bangkok/bus-terminal/nca-bangkok.html

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Forumphile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2017, 06:17:33 PM »

Here is the Soidb page which has the map and also some pics of the terminal.

Thank you Keemapoot, I never noticed it before.

As to Mochit bus terminal, officially named Bangkok Bus Terminal (Chatuchak) สถานีขนส่งผู้โดยสารกรุงเทพ (จตุจักร), aka Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal, does anybody know why they call it "Mochit 2" or "new Mochit"? What happened to the old Mochit, where is it, or where was it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4