Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Best bus service Korat to Bangkok  (Read 2724 times)

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Re: Best bus service Korat to Bangkok
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2017, 06:13:34 AM »

Just noticed yesterday this giant Nakhonchai 21 billboard on Mitthapap downtown, immediately after King Hotel when coming from Bangkok. That is just before entry way to City Link/West Park ground. Among features being advertised there's also a so-called "Lady zone". It simply consists in one row of seats that are reserved to booking by women only. You can distinguish them in the last photo below: the orange ones.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2017, 08:50:52 AM »

If you have patience and sufficient understanding of Thai language you can watch this lengthy review of a Bangkok-Korat trip on Nakhonchai 21. It's an afternoon run that left Mochit at 15:00, probably last days of 2016. This video shows that the new bus station is not Korat's final destination for these busses: starting at 32:11 we see it leaving the new station heading to the old station, where all remaining passengers get down. Empty bus then heads immediately back towards Mitthapap, as seen at 37:10.

Other highlights:

- At 05:38 hostess announces a 4 hours trip, probably due to heavy traffic expected along the way
- At 14:09 starts a 2' review of the toilet
- At 17:10 we see hostess turning TV screen on. Audio is mostly overdubbed, impossible to judge about noise level.
- Quick stops at Save One (26:12) and at The Mall (29:25). Heavy traffic all along Mitthapap downtown.
- At 32:41 comments about traffic and newly opened Terminal 21

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InPekw8xSxE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InPekw8xSxE</a>

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »

Two stops before reaching Korat. The first one between Nawanakhon and Saraburi at a place called Wang Noi that seems to be a required stop for many companies

A similar compulsory (?) check point is also on the way from Korat to Bangkok, at Si Kiu.

As you see these check points are run by The Transport Company, Ltd. or "Bo Ko So" บริษัทขนส่งจำกัด (บ.ข.ส.). Is it a public or a semi-public company? Does anybody know what their mandate is? It is the same company that runs the Vientiane-Bangkok and the Nong Khai-Suvarnabhum lines, for example. Their ticket counter at Korat's bus station is at the end of the row directly behind the main building. Their acronym is widely used to designate all main bus stations in general.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2017, 11:34:11 AM »

does anybody know why they call it "Mochit 2" or "new Mochit"? What happened to the old Mochit, where is it, or where was it?

For the records: I asked this question at Mochit bus station information counter last week. They told me there is no "old" Mochit. Mochit (1) is not a bus station, it is the BTS terminal station at Chatuchak.

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2017, 08:18:41 PM »

Wondering if anyone has tried the new Nakhonchai Air 21 service between Korat and Bangkok yet?  It started on the 19th of December

Nakhonchai 21 celebrates its first anniversary by adding new vehicles for the night service. Plus, we learn that New Gen Airways is now flying also to Don Mueang for 500 baht:

Night buses added for Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima

An inter-provincial bus operator has now strengthened its fleet for the Bangkok to Nakhon Ratchasima route.

Nakhonchai 21 yesterday announced that it had spent Bt40 million on adding 11 more buses for this popular route.

The new additions will take the company’s fleet for that route to a total of 37 buses and will serve passengers who need to leave Bangkok or Nakhon Ratchasima after 7pm.

Nakhonchai 21 first launched a bus service between Bangkok and Nakhon Ratchasima last December but with only 26 buses for the route, trips beginning after 7pm could not be accommodated.

"We have never stopped responding to passengers' needs so we have strengthened our fleet," said the company's deputy managing director, Kunthira Wongbenjarat Chaiyut.

As a special promotion, eight free bus trips were provided by the firm yesterday (*), with passengers on those buses enjoying the company of eight honorary hostesses – beautiful young women from Nakhon Ratchasima's affluent families.

The competition among bus-service operators for the Bangkok to Nakhon Ratchasima route has been fierce in recent decades. There are at least five large operators.

On December 17, Newgen Airways launched Don Mueang to Nakhon Ratchasim flights with fares starting from Bt499.

Source: The Nation 17.12.2017

(*) Error: that promotion was not yesterday but today.

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2018, 03:43:04 PM »

It has been about 3 years since the last time I took a bus from Korat to Bangkok and since Derek asked the question in this thread so here are my thoughts from my experiences yesterday.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »

I got an early morning bus to Bangkok. The next bus leaving was Air Korat Pattana so I used them.

Air Korat Pattana
The positives
The ticket cost 191 baht and the bus left on time. All the staff spoke very politely, at the ticket desk and on the bus. The bus was clean and either new or nearly new. The seats had a lot of leg room. I was very surprised by that. The toilet was clean and in good working order. I could choose my seat at the ticket counter. There were only 5 passengers in total so I had a wide choice. However, one row of 4 seats near the front was reserved for females only. Each seat had a blanket provided and a bun and bottle of water was provided.  The seats reclined a lot, almost all the way down. Great if you want to sleep on the bus. The bus stopped only once before it got to Bangkok - at See Kew.

The negatives
At the start of the trip, a young man gave a speech like on an aeroplane. I have no idea what he said because he spoke so quietly, and I was sat near the front. A complete waste of time. The seats reclined a lot, almost all the way down. That might cause some issues on a busy bus if the person in front of you wants to sleep. The bus drove quite slowly - 80km/h even though mostly the road ahead was quiet with little traffic. When the bus arrived in Bangkok, it pulled into a gas station to refill. The gas station was only about 1km from Morchit bus station but I had to wait 20 minutes in the gas station. It was really annoying and added an unneccessary 20 minutes to the journey time. With the slow driving and gas stop, a journey that could have been a standard 3 and a half hours, actually took 4 hours. Poor for a night time journey.

Conclusion
A comfortable journey on a nice bus with polite staff.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:09:02 PM by Alfie »

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2018, 04:23:01 PM »

On the return journey, the next bus leaving belonged to Suranaree Air so I used their service.

Suranaree Air
The ticket cost 191 baht and the bus left on time. I could choose my seat number at the booth in Morchit. A bottle of water and two bicuit type snacks were provided. The bus was generally clean but it was an old bus and was showing its age - a bit tatty. The toilet was different. It was a mess and it was almost impossible to wash your hands. Also, the door flew open twice as it did not seem to close properly. No blankets were distributed.
The bus was very cold and in my particluar seat, it was impossible to close the vents so I was really cold. No blankets were provided but I noticed a pile at the back of the bus next to the sleeping bus attendant so I helped myself to two. There were only 7 passengers on the bus. The bus didn't stop anywhere until it arrived at the west side of Korat where it let some passengers get off. The bus drove slowly - 80km/h (I have a GPS app on my phone so I could monitor it). Annoyingly, the bus appeared to have an alarm set to go off every time the bus exceeded 80km/h, so the bus drove at 77-79 for a while then crept up to 80km/h and more then after a minute of annoying beeps, it went back under 80 again.

Overall conclusion
A cold journey on an old poorly maintained bus with staff that weren't very attentive.

Ratsima

• Administrator
    • Out and About Thailand - Travel Blog
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2018, 05:19:55 PM »

been a standard 3 and a half hours, actually took 4 hours. Poor for a night time journey.

I always take Air Korat now, in spite of their slow pace. I just figure it's going to take three and a half or four hours (even without a fuel stop). The buses are clean and comfortable and seem to be well maintained. The toilet is generally tidy and convenient to use. I do dislike the fact that the seats recline so much. If the person in front of me reclines all the way, I'm left with insufficient legroom. I try to move if that happens.

Herbie

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2018, 04:45:28 PM »

Do the buses still run through the night? I need to go early one day next week.  Leaving Korat before 5.00am. If I was the only passenger, would it be cancelled?

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2018, 07:17:12 PM »

Do the buses still run through the night? I need to go early one day next week.  Leaving Korat before 5.00am. If I was the only passenger, would it be cancelled?

Nakhonchai 21 uploaded this photo on their Facebook page just 4 days ago. One run every hour all night long. I don't think they would run in the unlikely event of only 1 passenger on board, but that's just my personal supposition. Call the number on the photo to be sure. Next run would be only 1 hour away anyway.

Herbie

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2018, 02:38:20 AM »

Thanks Anton

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2019, 11:02:05 PM »

It seems standard price for Korat-Bangkok bus trip has gone up since last April 22, from 191 to 209 THB. Cherd Chai Tour (former Ratchasima Tour), however, is currently offering it for only 180 THB. No snack, only one small bottle of water included in the price. They started last month with also an important advertising campaign, claiming they offer wide seats with USB charger. I passed by their ticket office at the bus station today and they didn't have a printed schedule for me. No night runs anyway, as they told me. There was an old-looking double deck bus parked in front, waiting to leave. I took quick photos. Did anybody try them yet?

caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2019, 10:23:25 AM »

It seems standard price for Korat-Bangkok bus trip has gone up since last April 22, from 191 to 209 THB.

Government taxes were increased.

I use the bus from Hua Hin to Bkk regularly and when I went to book online via their website a couple of months back, they announced the increase and the reason behind it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]