Korat-Farang.com

Best bus service Korat to Bangkok

dereklev · 74 · 3134

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
I haven't used the bus to Bangkok for a good few years so which is the best company nowadays?
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
Air Korat every time,every 30 mins 24/7,go bang on time not wait for filling up ,no stops Morchit in around 3hrs 20 mins
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Air Korat every time,every 30 mins 24/7,go bang on time not wait for filling up ,no stops Morchit in around 3hrs 20 mins

Is this departing from the new or from the old bus station?
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage

Is this departing from the new or from the old bus station?
new

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy

Thanks nookie.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum

I was at the Air Korat counter inside the new bus station this morning. The counter is located in the external left wing of the station (when facing the main entrance). I took a photo of it, and of the Korat-Bangkok schedule they gave me, with their phone number at the bottom of the paper.

The lady I talked to (black jacket in the photo) told me that buses are 1st class, the fare 209 THB per person, and the travel time 4 hours. I asked twice: "4 hours?!" She confirmed twice: "4 hours". (perhaps she meant "up to 4 hours"?). She also said that buses do not stop to pick up people anywhere else in the city, it is necessary to board at the station (which can be annoying when you need to take a night-time run). Their buses stop just in front of their counter. Hope this can be useful.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Ok I'm going on Air Korat - does anyone know if there is a Link service to Suvarnabhumi from Morchit or Don Muang ? Thanks
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
Ok I'm going on Air Korat - does anyone know if there is a Link service to Suvarnabhumi from Morchit or Don Muang ? Thanks
There is a free link bus that runs between Swampy & DM,YOU HAVE TO SHOW A BOARDING PASS

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks Nookie - how do you get the Boarding Pass ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Ok I'm going on Air Korat - does anyone know if there is a Link service to Suvarnabhumi from Morchit

No regular direct link from Mochit. Nearest skytrain station is about 2 km away (BTS at Chatuchak, change to Airport Link at Phaya Thai). You probably already know.

If your flight is in evening hours, no problem anyway. Leave here in the morning and you'll have all afternoon to cover the Mochit-Suvarnabhumi stretch somehow. For example, you could also take bus no. 136 at Mochit, get down at Makkasan (Asokmontri-Petchaburi crossing) and jump on the Airport link there. Mochit-Makkasan-Suvarnabhumi better than Mochit-Chatuchak-Phaya Thai-Suvarnabhumi IMHO, especially if you are carrying bags.

If your flight is in the morning, forget about Air Korat and consider jumping on the night bus Nong Khai-Suvarnabhumi when it stops in Korat every night at around 02:00 am. It reaches Suvarnabhumi's bus station at around 06:00 (free shuttle to terminals from there). That's the only Korat-Suvarnabhumi direct bus available at the moment. Ask about it at Korat bus station. You will have to book 3-4 days in advance and pay all the way from Nong Khai even if getting on here, but still best solution for catching Suvarnabhumi morning flights IMHO - unless you are ready to spend the night in Bangkok.

Check out this discussion too, in case you haven't yet.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks Guys. All good advice.
Decided to pick up a meter Taxi at Morchit to Suvarnabhumi.
ATB

Offline nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
Thanks Nookie - how do you get the Boarding Pass ?
A boarding pass or ticket for your onward flight

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks Nookie. I'll try that first. ATB

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The 'Air Korat' booking office is at the far end on the long avenue of offices on your left as you enter the Bus Station..
I boarded and was travelling within 10 minutes. The Bus was old but the Driver seems relaxed and careful.
Leaving at 12.30 it was not until 3pm that we got to Saraburi - a slow grinding journey. Then just 1 hour later they dropped me at Don Muang at the roadside bus stop.
Air Korat provided water, a tasty bun, a blanket and a freshen up wipe ! Excellent service despite slow initial progress.

A stream of Taxis were waiting by the Bus stop so I opted for that rather than searching out the 'Link' Bus. Good decision as traffic was heavy. I opted for the Toll route to SVB (Tolls B155) and arrived before 5pm. Was enjoying an expensive beer having checked in and cleared security by 5.15 pm. The Taxi was B380 BUT it IS a long way to SVB from DM. (Comfy and swift in a Sylphy).

So for a total of B750 this was a viable alternative to a personal Taxi from Korat at much higher cost.
Overall a good thumbs up for 'Air Korat'. Thanks NookieB

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Leaving at 12.30 it was not until 3pm that we got to Saraburi

Saraburi?! Wasn't it supposed to be direct to Mochit (reply no.1)? Now I see why "4 hours" (reply no. 5)...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:37:44 AM by Anton »

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Anton it was direct - we didn't stop at Saraburi - we passed by.
3 1/2 hours to Don Muang.

Offline waterheart

• Solid Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/thai.pookie

I always go to Bangkok by Air Korat bus service.  ;D
Long live to long learn

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Then just 1 hour later they dropped me at Don Muang at the roadside bus stop.

The Taxi was B380 BUT it IS a long way to SVB from DM. (Comfy and swift in a Sylphy).

So for a total of B750 this was a viable alternative to a personal Taxi from Korat at much higher cost.
Overall a good thumbs up for 'Air Korat'. Thanks NookieB

You could have saved yourself some money by staying on the bus to Morchit. A taxi from Morchit to Swampy is only about 200 baht.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
3 1/2 hours to Don Muang.

So about 4 hours to Mochit. Isn't that too long for a "direct" run? And why "slow and grinding" up to Saraburi? Because of traffic or because of stops on the way?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:01:42 AM by Anton »

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
OK Swampy but how long does it take to get to Morchit from Don Muang in rush hour traffic ? But good advice thanks.
Anton this ancient Bus was very slow on the hills and there are also a lot of roadworks atm  for that big pipeline going in at the roadside. Happily on my return the Missis is being driven down down to pick me up !