Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 1325 times)

Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2019, 10:59:50 AM »

"Today’s Doodle celebrates the eighth edition of the tournament with a collage of characters from our upcoming series of Doodles by guest artists representing each of the competing countries" (source)

Village idiots unwelcome here

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2019, 12:35:15 AM »

Hi Anton - I didn't know you were a footy fan  ;) 

After a long hard season following football, I just can't get interested. And IMO women's football has been pushed too hard on the BBC and in the Media generally - as if for the purposes of equality, women's football has to be given undue prominence to overcome the reality of a much lower level of interest.

I see the Players are starting to whinge that their pay doesn't compare with the men. That'll be interesting - after all, women tennis players achieved the same as the men although playing at 2/3 of the speed for half the time   8)

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2019, 05:20:11 PM »

I've stopped reading BBC news and their all things PC football stories are driving me nuts as well. They are promoting women's football way beyond the level it has actually reached or deserves. Most of it is really quite poor, bar a few teams in England anyway and the Ladies European championship, which will be a higher standard of everything at the World Cup, bar the final stages. So for me too, it's largely a pass.

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2019, 02:39:17 AM »

I watched parts of the England / Scotland game today - it was OK. I can't see England winning the tournament. Both sides showed bits of skill and I thought Scotland played the best for a spell in 2nd half. At the slower pace, you could actually see what was going on. It's OK but it's the silly build up and the wild commentaries turn me off.

Undeniably less dissent, diving (but too slow for diving), and only a little spitting  ;) 
Good luck to the England team.

Caller - I agree, ''They are promoting women's football way beyond the level it has actually reached or deserves.''
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2019, 12:05:16 PM »

I predicted 10-0  :(  But 13 ?  Ouch  :o

Are they pushing the Women's game too fast ? Maybe there's not yet enough National Teams to compete in a World Cup competition of this size? I hope the Thais can pick themselves up and do better in the next game.

''Striker Alex Morgan scored five times as holders United States began their World Cup campaign with a record 13-0 win over Thailand on Tuesday.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2019/06/11/usa-vs-thailand-womens-world-cup-2019-live-score-latest-updates/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]