Korat-Farang.com

Two ice rinks for Korat?

Alfie · 64 · 1975

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
You jump on the train on 2nd floor outside S&P restaurant at the junction between old and new buildings.

For a free train ride now you have to produce cash slips for at least 500 THB, according to this new sign they placed there. They nicknamed it "Smiley Train".

For a ride on the car mentioned by Waterheart they don't ask anything for the moment. You jump on it at the ground floor junction between old and new building.
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline geNe

By any chance if anyone knows if they do sharpening of the blades there? How much if have?

I'll be bringing my own skates from back home but because it hasnt been used for like 3 years, i think I would need to get some of the rusts off and sharpen it.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
And even worse than 2 ice-rinks for Korat will be 3 cinemas for Phimai!!! Tesco and Big C are now building new supermarkets in Phimai and apparently they will both have movie theatres. Added to the one there already is in Phimai, that will be three. It seems like overkill to me.

The second cinema opened in Phimai today at the new Tesco store, but it looks like Big C have changed their mind. There has been no construction at the proposed site and, according to my wife, Big C are revising their plans.
'You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!'

Offline geNe

Went skating yesterday... Small rink... but overall, ok experience... but when I reached home, I've forget to check if they have sharpening services.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Terminal 21 will open on Monday so ice-skaters will be able to choose between 2 ice-rinks in Korat. But I really do wonder if (and doubt that) there will be enough people in Korat to keep two ice-rinks open in the long or medium term

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Terminal 21 will open on Monday so ice-skaters will be able to choose between 2 ice-rinks in Korat.

The second ice-rink is not ready yet. Apparently it will be managed by same company as the first one. Photo taken this morning inside Terminal 21, last floor.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
The ice-rink at Terminal 21 is open now.

They also have an offer on at the moment - buy one get one free (see below). I assume they mean 2 people for the price of one but I didn't ask.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I went ice-skating at Terminal 21 yesterday. In our session, there were only 4 customers. In the previous session, only two!

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I wonder if they usually get more customers and that was just a quiet period or if that is now the 'norm' at T21. I really think it was a poor decision to open two rinks in Korat.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Maybe Thai's are learning what I learnt at Richmond ice rink years ago. That ice hurts when you collide with it and that to keep falling over stops being fun as does twisting an ankle! 

Offline JASONTHAI

Hopefully when they open Central they will have a bowling ally as I don't think we have one or do we ?

Offline dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
Hopefully when they open Central they will have a bowling ally as I don't think we have one or do we ?

There was one at Klang and one at the Mall but both have been closed for some time.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Bournemouth

Last time I was in Khon Kaen, the bowling alley in Central had also been closed down.

Will have to go to  Pattaya to get a strike now  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Additional kids attractions for all ages in the Wonder Planet section, third floor, former Home Pro area next to MCC Hall. They include:

- Dino Planet playground
- Interactive Planet virtual playground (?) with also a small virtual beach inside
- Jump Planet
- Lazer Planet

In The Mall's convention hall next to Wonder Planet there's now a laser show attraction going on, dubbed Laser Fest, I think in preparation for tomorrow's countdown. Today it's free entrance for everybody, worth a visit if you're already there, no more than 5 minutes because music too loud as usual.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum but the ice-rink in Terminal 21 has closed down. The Mall ice-rink is still in business.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum but the ice-rink in Terminal 21 has closed down. The Mall ice-rink is still in business.

Alfie, did you see the one in the Mall in operation? I understand it's been shut a long time.

Offline KiwiCanadian

It was open this afternoon, and the few days we went last week it seemed to be open, but not much activity during the week.
KC
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru

Alfie, did you see the one in the Mall in operation? I understand it's been shut a long time.

My daughter went ice-skating there last weekend.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard