Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 1576 · 42866

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Hi Roger, wish I'd seen it. I have  a feeling that Adiyiah might be back next season. No evidence, just a feeling !!

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Nakhon Ratchasima and Leandro Assumpção have agreed on a deal that keeps the Brazilian at the Swatcats for next season.

Good news I think and to complete Milos Joksic’s transfer plans, they are set to sign former Ang Thong & Chianat FC striker Bernhard Henri

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
That sounds great TW - onwards  ;D
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Another one of my favourite players Roger.

Looking forward to next season already.

I think the club is on the cusp of becoming a pretty good side. I demand a top six finish next season. Henri and Amadou (both Ivorians) together with Assumpcao will surely solve our goalscoring problems.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Information pretty sparse on new striker Henri but here goes.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
At the time Henri was at Ang Thong in 2015, if I remember correctly, they had a very good side despite being a very small Club. He looks a good signing to me  :) 

I saw Chiang Rai v Buriram last night - good game. I thought B'ram's penalty was inches outside at point of contact, but given by the Ref immediately. CR's penalty was in no doubt at all to anyone else but it took the Ref minutes on the VAR to make up his mind. It was blatant ! Or 'bang on' as you say.

The presentation was a total shambles IMO - so many 'Suits' and 'hangers on' - hard to see the Players at all. I hate this sh*t. But well done CR - IMO they deserved it.

I wonder how the Swatcats would have fared ?   ;)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Hi Roger, I too have been impressed with Henri in the past - he should work well with Amadou.

Last night's final was exciting and I think Chang Rai were "up for it" more than Buriram. I thought VAR was well utilised without too much fuss last night.

Agree with you on suits - I think it's a thai status thing although they were at it at the World Cup in Russia too!!!

Of course this was the FA Cup Final. Should the Swatcats have beaten Chang Rai in the League Cup semi, they would have met Bangkok Glass in the final - confusing I know !!

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The 2019 Thai Premier League season is set to start on Friday 22nd February.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Crikey TW - that's another 4 months - I don't do pre season  ;)

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Swatcat's Chalermpong Kerdkaew appointed as the team captain of Thailand in AFF Suzuki Cup 2018.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Confirmed, Pattaya United has ceased to be. Their TPL licence has been transferred and the new club based in Samut Prakan will be named Samut Prakan City.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Tewan Liptapanlop has stepped down as president of Nakhon Ratchasima FC, as he will enter the field of politics with elections coming next year in Thailand.

My football friends suggested that I should take the job – but apparently I am disqualified from applying as I actually have some knowledge of football.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi TW. Thanks for the Presidential info. Hopefully we will get an inspiring replacement who can rekindle Korat interest in the Swatcats. You would be an excellent replacement - I agree.  8)

Have seen Chalermpong playing in the Suzuki Cup - hope he doesn't pick up an injury. Noted that the Phillipine team seemed to have some Farang names around - including one Sven Joran Eriksson not looking much older at all - he must be 95 now  ;)

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Chalermpong has been a real stalwart for Thailand. We Swatcat fans should be proud of him.

Regarding our departing President, he seemed a decent guy, often mixing with fans. He will be missed.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Chonburi have signed popular midfielder Ekkachai Rittiphan.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Thai-Swiss player Chitchanok Xaysensourinthone (ex Suphanbuir) has returned to Thailand, after one year in Switzerland with FC Chiasso, to sign a contract with Nakhon Ratchasima.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks TW. Looks an interesting signing. That X name won't fit on a shirt  ;)

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Sisaket FC has signed former Swatcat and Ghana National team forward, Dominic Adiyiah on the team for M-150 Championship 2019

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks TW. Adiyah should get some goals down there - Good luck Dom  :) 

Hopefully, with Henri, Amadou and Assumpcao - the Swatcats will be flying high without him.