Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 1429 · 33938

Online Thaiwolf

• Solid Member
Hi Swatcat fans,

Just in case things come to an end for the forum, just a reminder that you can get all news and reports on my Swatcat blog

http://russjohn1000.blogspot.com/

or follow me on twitter

thaiwolf@russreport

Online Thaiwolf

• Solid Member
The Swatcats travel north to take on high flying Chaing Rai United this weekend (Sunday 7th July, KO 1800 hours, TV coverage Truevisions HD3).

This will be a tough one for the Swatcats and I expect a home win.

Thaiwolf prediction; Home win.

Online Alfie

• Forum Guru
^^ Is that you in the photo, TW?
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Online Alfie

• Forum Guru
You're a handsome man. I hope I look that good when I'm 80!

Just joking, TW. :)

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard

Alfie, all farangs are Hansum man in Thailand
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online Thaiwolf

• Solid Member
Dateline 7th July 2019

FT Chaing Rai United 1 NRFC 1

Attendance; 6144

With the Swatcats looking for a positive result after a recent poor run of form, they started with new signing Hartmann up front with Assumpcao missing.

The visitors started adventurously with early pressure, but Chiang Rai had an early chance when William thumped the bar with a shot in the 10th minute. The hosts then began to dominate with Brinner going close with a header. Almost immediately Henri’s header drifted wide as the Swatcats countered.

The Swatcats settled as the half progressed and were holding their own without creating any real chances, as a rather lackluster half ended goalless with neither side dominating.

The second half saw an early first goal for Chiang Rai when Sivakorn Taitrakal tapped in at the far post after a fine solo run from William. Cunningham was then forced into a save from a close-range header.

At the other end, Akenakat went close with a header from a corner but the visitors were looking stale and sterile up front. Right out of the blue, In the 63rd minute, Hartmann smashed in the equalizer after a fine run from Henri, he then blotted his copybook when he was sent off for a nasty elbow to the face in the 73rd minute.

Minutes later, as the Swatcats became more ambitious, a Narupon free kick dipped onto the bar and was cleared.

As the match drifted into time added on, Chiang Rai went close with a near post header, then another header was scrambled away as the home side strived for the winner.

A real battling performance against an under-par Chiang Rai. The Swatcats did not produce much up front which is a continuing worry, but the Hartmann goal was pleasing. The defence looks sound but the important point to emphasize tonight was the fighting spirit shown by the whole squad

Online Thaiwolf

• Solid Member
No sign of Assumpcao at last night's game. That coupled with the recent signing of Hartmann leads me to believe there may be a problem with Assumpcao. Could just be injured and I hope I'm wrong but I feel that Assumpcao may be unhappy at the Swatcats.

Online Thaiwolf

• Solid Member
This weekend’s opponents are Ratchaburi (Saturday13th July, KO 1800 hours, TV coverage TBC).

The Dragons are having a mediocre season and I expect a home win.

Thaiwolf prediction; Home win.

Online Thaiwolf

• Solid Member
City Football Group (CFG), which owns English Premier League champions Manchester City is eyeing a Thai League 1 club based in the northeastern region.

Besides Manchester City, CFG, managed by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed of Abu Dhabi, also owns football clubs around the world including New York City (USA), Melbourne City (Australia), Girona (Spain), Yokohama F Marinos (Japan) and Sichuan Jiuniu (China).

Bearing in mind that the only two North Eastern teams in the TPL are Buriram and the Swatcats and I suspect that Nevin will not want to lose control at Buriram…. Things could start to get exciting for the Swatcats.

Online Coolkorat

• Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
City Football Group (CFG), which owns English Premier League champions Manchester City is eyeing a Thai League 1 club based in the northeastern region.

Besides Manchester City, CFG, managed by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed of Abu Dhabi, also owns football clubs around the world including New York City (USA), Melbourne City (Australia), Girona (Spain), Yokohama F Marinos (Japan) and Sichuan Jiuniu (China).

Bearing in mind that the only two North Eastern teams in the TPL are Buriram and the Swatcats and I suspect that Nevin will not want to lose control at Buriram…. Things could start to get exciting for the Swatcats.

Blimey. From a fans perspective time to spot what looks cheap and good value and might be worth a punt. A small gamble might prove very lucrative.

Online Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
イングランドプレミアリーグのチャンピオンであるマンチェスターシティを所有するシティフットボールグループ(CFG)は、北東地域を拠点とするタイリーグ1クラブに注目しています。

Abu DhabiのSheikh Mansour bin Zayedが運営するManchester City以外にも、CFG(ニューヨーク)、Melbourne City(オーストラリア)、Girona(スペイン)、Yokohama F Marinos(日本)、Sichuanなど、世界中にサッカークラブがあります。 九ウ(中国)。

TPLの2つの北東チームだけがBuriramとSwatcatsであることを頭に入れておいてください、そして、私はNevinがBuriramでコントロールを失いたくないと思います…。 Swatcatsにとって物事は面白くなり始めます。

Online Alfie

• Forum Guru
Are you learning Japanese, CK?

:)

Online Thaiwolf

• Solid Member
Confirmed, the Swatcat's match on saturday will be shown live on Truevisions Ch.357.

Online Coolkorat

• Pix Isaan
Are you learning Japanese, CK?

:)

No Alfie, Google translate. It might be rubbish for all I know! Just curious to see if putting Japanese into posts makes them more visible to searchers. It's a little experiment.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Maybe the Japanese script is for TW, practising for his coming sojourn  ;)

TW perhaps we'll see Sergio Aguero at the King's for a season or two before he hangs up his boots !

Hoping the Swatcats hit top form at Ratchaburi - (I've always thought of them as a bogey team) - before clobbering Trat on 21st. TW I know you can't go but B'muff/anyone ?

Home game for me . . . .
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Solid Member
Seems like I was wrong about Assumpcao's demise as he storms back to score his 100th TPL goal!!