Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 1789 · 57174

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Ticket details for next weekend's match. 4000 fans allowed.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats take on current TPL champs Chiang Rai United this weekend (Sunday 20th September, KO 1900 hours).

This will be a stern test for the home side but I am going to stick my neck out and suggest a hard fought victory for the men from Korat.

Thaiwolf prediction: Home win!!

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Ticket details for next weekend's match. 4000 fans allowed.

HI TW,
What's the reference to bags in that announcement? Is is just a poor translation or do they actually sell or give away bags of things?

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Dateline 20th September

FT NRFC 0 Chiang Rai United 4

Attendance: 3033 (restricted to 4000)

A welcome and belated return to the the newly renovated 80th Anniversary Stadium saw a rather thin crowd welcome Champions Chiang Rai.

The visitors went ahead when Bill headed in on 21 minutes. Minutes later Chang Rai were awarded a penalty for an ill conceived tackle inside the box by captain Chalermpong. Bill converted the penalty. In the next attack Bill missed out on a hat trick when he fluffed his shot with the goalmouth gaping invitingly.

In the 39th minute, a rare occurrence, the Swatcats actually managed a shot on goal when Murillo sent in a low drive!!

The visitors went three up in the 56th minute when Akarawin Sawadee stroked home. 65 minutes in, the Swatcats had still only managed a single shot on target.

Substitute Chiitchanok went close in the 74th minute but this was all that the home team could muster during the second half. To add to the home side`'s misery, Bill completed his hat trick in the dying seconds when keeper Cunningham literally presented him with the ball and he calmly tapped the ball into the net.

The Swatcats looked disorganised and seemingly without a game plan tonight. The lack of chances created up front continues to be a concern. This, coupled with some naive defensive work was a recipe for disaster. The Swatcats will be relegated unless changes are made - we have all been warned!! One word describes the current team - clueless!! It is the worst that I have experienced in the 9 years that I have supported the team.

Teerasak Po-on will be dismissed before Christmas - if I had my way, he would be gone this week!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 06:29:32 AM by Thaiwolf »

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats take on Sukhothai this weekend (sunday 27th September, KO 1800 hours). A win to bolster confidence is vital but the Firebats are flying high in the TPL table and will provide a stern test.

Thaiwolf prediction: home win

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Dateline 27th September

FT NRFC 3 Sukhothai 3

Attendance: 2940 (restricted to 4000)

An oft used phrase but this really was a “must win” game for the struggling Swatcats.

After his calamitous mistakes last week, keeper Samuel Cunningham was missing, replaced by Thanachai Noorach.

In a near empty stadium, the home team made a bright start with a series of dangerous crosses peppering the Sukhothai six yard box and in the 7th minute Assumpcao deflected a long range shot into the net to put the hosts one up.

Unbelievably 5 minutes later, Dennis Murillo increased the lead when he smashed a 20 yard free kick past the visitor’s keeper.

Sukhothai pulled one back when diminutive madagascan Baggio stroked home in the 21st minute.

With the half drawing to a close a superb solo effort from Assumpcao, ending with a devilishly curving shot, gave the Swatcats a three one lead going into the break.

Minutes into the second half, a penalty was awarded to Sukhothai after a lengthy VAR deliberation. Ibson Melo converted the kick to make it 3-2 and as the half progressed, the home team created 3 or 4 clear chances and were unlucky not to increase their lead.

Somewhat against the run of play, Sukhothai were awarded a second penalty following a VAR review in the 80th minute. Evandro converted the kick to draw the scores level.

Two much needed points needlessly thrown away. One swallow does not make a summer but a very encouraging performance that will, hopefully, raise the morale and confidence of the squad. The team seemed better organised tonight and of course, chances were created and at times, the finishing was excellent.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 02:04:06 AM by Thaiwolf »

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats take on Samut Prakan City this weekend (sunday 4th October, KO 1900 hours)

Samut Prakan have been finding goals hard to come by and this fixture may provide an opportunity for a rare away win.

Thaiwolf prediction: Away win.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Looking at future fixtures illustrates how important a victory at Samut Prakan is this weekend.

Our next two fixtures after the international break are Buriram (a) and Bangkok United (h).

We will in all probability lose both of these games and could possibly be cut adrift in the bottom three with little hope of recovery.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Dateline: 4th October 2020

Attendance: 1115

Full time: Samut Prakan City 2 NRFC 2

Desperate to put their season back on track, the Swatcats traveled to Samut Prakan to take on the Sea Fang.
The home side started brightly, creating a couple of half chances in the opening minutes and in the 11th minute they were awarded a penalty when Barros Tardeli manufactured a fall over an already injured and prone keeper, a scandalous decision in my opinion. Tardeli converted the spot kick himself
to put the Sea Fang one up.

Samut Prakan went two up in the 26th minute after inept defending allowed an unmarked Teeraphol Yor-Yoey to tap in. Minutes later Assumpcao went close with a lobbed effort but this was a rare foray forward as the home team dominated.

Much against the run of play the visitors pulled one back in the 35th minute when Chitchanok fired in after good work from Amadou. Minutes later, the Swatcats rode their luck when a Tardeli goal was ruled offside after a VAR review and as the half time whistle blew, the visitors were lucky to be only one down.

Amadou had a superb shot saved in the 56th minute as the Swatcats searched for an equaliser but the home side looked dangerous when breaking forward and a third looked likely. Assumpcao had a rakish shot skim wide in the 75th minute as arguably, the Swatcats were becoming the better side in the second half.
The visitor’s endeavour was rewarded when , in the 80th minute, a flowing move forward ended with an Amadou cross being deflected in by a defender to draw the scores level. Samut Prakan exerted pressure in the dying minutes but were unable to penetrate resolute defence.

A game of two halves. Samut Prakan looked the better side in the first half but to their credit, the Swatcats fought back in the second half and arguably deserved their point

Well done guys maybe there is hope!!

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The TPL now takes a short break to accomodate international fixtures.

Domestic fixtures will recommence on 17th October.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Thanks for all that TW - at the end of your report, you posted, "maybe there is hope"  :)

There's always hope  ::)  BUT I see Trat picked up 3 points and PrachuapKK 1 point. In the places above that we aspire to, are Muang Thong, B'ram and Port so the Swatcats have a lot to do.

Just to cheer you up - I'm sure some other Clubs above will have a bad run and descend but, we have to pick up the wins and atm, sad to say, we seem to be clinging on again   :-\
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
"Assuming" Rayong and Trat are certs for the drop, the only other teams who will be in relegation contention are Prachuap. Samut Prakan and Suphanburi.

In my opinion Prachuap and Samut Prakan are too strong to go down. I suspect either the Swatcats or Suphanburi are heading for the drop.

Hand on heart, Swatcats are heading for Tier 2.

Online Teessider

• Solid Member
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
With Covid seemingly almost kept out of Thailand the whole nation is effectively in a "bubble". So why the restrictions on attendances? If the UK had comparable figures (a dream) there would be no restrictions at all.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Tees, the whole virus strategy in Thailand is an absolute mystery to me.

Thailand has "seemingly" beaten it without too much action.

My other half (thai) insists that the reason that thailand has no cases is because there is no testing...and she is usually right.

My take is that the thai government is witholding information to protect the tourist industry in the long term.

There must be some reason for the Contiuing restrictions.

As an aside only four teams have used their 25% allocation for recent matches, suggesting that the thai public is still concerned.