Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 1789 · 57175

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
It's also telling that neighbouring Countries do not exclude Thais from quarantine on entry, whereas others are.  There has to be a reason for that and I suspect it's down to the lack of testing.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Teess, TW, Caller I've replied on the CV-19 thread as these comments reach much wider than just football. Teess re. the attendance restrictions - I agree they are excessive. Maybe 50% in the stadium and no drum bands would be OK. Generally I think the populace have been 'conditioned' by Thailand's tough approach to CV-19 and are still apprehensive and wary of crowds.

Except in pubs and clubs LOL.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats travel to Buriram to take on fellow Isaan outfit Buriram United this weekend. (Sunday 18th October, KO 1800 hours).

This could be a tough one!!

Thaiwolf prediction: Home win.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
TW - just seen 'Flash score'. Musht be shume mistake !

Korat beat Buriram away - when I saw your last post I did think you meant 'My' team not 'Home' team to win  ;)

We may be struggling but B'ram and Muang Thong are just above.

I blame the weather - looking forward to your report.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Dateline 18th October

FT Buriram United 1 NRFC 2

Attendance: 4000

A tough one this week, as the Swatcats ventured into the Thunder Castle to take on near neigbours Buriram United.

Despite a plethora of early chances for the home side, the Swatcats swept into the lead in the 23rd minute when Murillo ran onto a through ball from Assumpcao to slot home from 16 yards.

Despite almost constant pressure from the hosts, the men from Korat looked dangerous on the break at times, with Amadou going close with a fine shot and as the half time whistle blew, the Swatcats went in as unlikely first half leaders.

The question, as the second half commenced was, could the visitors withstand another 45 minutes of pressure. With the team sitting deep, it seemed unlikely. The inevitable happened in the 57th minute when Kanuk hit a long range looping shot that evaded the keeper to put Buriram level.

The visitors responded almost immediately when Assumpcao  ran onto an Amadou through ball to regain the lead in the 60th minute. The hosts continued to flood forward but were unable to find that elusive equaliser and the Swatcats ran out as the Isaan derby winners.

A spirited performance and surely one of the shocks of the season. Buriram looked a little off colour tonight and the Swatcats rode their luck at times. On another night Buriram would have probably scraped a win. Some second half heroics from keeper Thanachai probably saved the day for the Swatcats. His bravery along with that of his fellow defenders was exceptional.

Well let’s enjoy the moment. Our foreign three worked well together tonight and a well deserved and welcome three points, well done to the Swatcats. A word of caution. It is my continued view that the Swatcat squad is weak and that tier one survival is still at stake, however a three game unbeaten run is encouraging and does offer hope.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 09:13:21 AM by Thaiwolf »

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Week of the long knlves. Coaches of Buriram, Muang Thong and Bangkok United have all resigned after disappointing weekend results.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Crikey - the English Premier League can't match that   :o

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats take on struggling and managerless Bangkok United this weekend (saturday 24th October KO 1745 hours). 

They will be trying to carry on their recent run of three games without defeat but I expect a tough challenge from the visiting Angels.

Thaiwolf prediction: Draw.