Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]

Author Topic: Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats  (Read 15668 times)

Roger

• Solid Member +
Re: Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats
« Reply #1160 on: October 07, 2018, 11:18:14 PM »

Teess and TW - thanks for the edication on that. It is quite crazy IMHO. La Liga too.

So the mighty BKKG go down with a 15 goal superior season's performance to the Hornbills - I don't know quite what to say - quirky maybe ? And Tero.

Coming back to 'our' boys . . .
Finishing above sublime Pattaya - Chonburi - bogey team Ratchaburi and Suphanburi in their fine Stadium. Don't quite know what to say about that - having seen our maestros.  ;)

But well done the Swatcats indeed and Joksic - how it hurts me to say that.
Departure of Rangel ? No loss and Assumpcao has outscored our admired departed Adiyiah ?

TW - don't wanna show off but from your reports - I suggested Assumpcao was going to score a few - and he did - God luvv 'im  ;D

The Missis is away for 2 nights so on my Footython - poor ole Fulham did not do well but the Swatcats came through. BTW - Arsenal's 3rd - World goal of the season ? I think it was the 3rd. Ramsey ? G'night.

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1161 on: October 08, 2018, 08:25:27 AM »

You were right about Assumpcao - well done. I have a feeling that he will not be retained for next season.

Interesting interview with Milos Joksic before last night’s game and I paraphrase:

“This year our defence has been good and I apologise to the fans for the lack of goals scored. Before next season I want to sign an attacking midfielder and two strikers who can score goals. I promise more attacking football and we will 100% be a top 7 team”.

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #1162 on: October 08, 2018, 05:36:58 PM »

Hi TW - do you think they should retain Assumpcao ?

As for his scoring - it was your reports about everything going against him with misses and saves that led to my optimism !

Well said Joksic - brilliant - let's have strikers indeed !

Amazing to see us finish above Pattaya who really looked a different class that night.
Looking forward to your report when you catch up.

A long wait for the new season now . . . . . . . .

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1163 on: October 08, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »

Dateline 7th Oct0ber 2018

FT Bangkok Glass 1 NRFC 2

Attendance; 5053

In this the last game of the season, Bangkok Glass needed a solitary point to avoid relegation.

The home team opened brightly, dominating play in the first 20 minutes but not really creating many clear-cut chances. In the 31st minute, a poor Cunningham clearance was returned to Totti who rifled in from 18 yards to give Glass a deserved lead.
With the Swatcat’s usual lack of constructive forward play thus far, this looked like an easy 3 points for the home side.

In a totally unexpected turn of events, the visitors came out of their shell and Akekanat swept in from close range after the home keeper dropped a cross. Minutes later, Tanaboon brought down Assumpcao just outside the box and was shown a red card for the offence. The home crowd was then stunned into silence as Assumpcao fired in beautifully from the free kick as they saw their side stare relegation in the face.

At half time The Swatcats were lucky to be 2-1 up and Glass were beginning to look anxious and panic stricken.

The second half began and the expected onslaught from Glass came. An 18-yard free kick was deflected just over Cunningham’s bar but the host’s desperate surges forward of course left gaps at the back and Akekanat was unlucky with a glancing header.
Glass continued to play the better football but the Swatcat’s defensive resolve was proving hard to conquer. They pressed, as in the first half, but again clear-cut chances did not come. In the 58th minute, man of the match Akekanat kicked clear in a goalmouth scramble to defy Glass and on 67 minutes an angled drive flew just over.

In the 79th minute a delightful cross presented Kunath with a chance to tap in, but unbelievably he mistimed his effort and the ball was cleared.  Glass countered and in another goalmouth scramble Cunningham bravely cleared the danger. With increased desperation Glass flooded forward and Decha this time was the hero as he cleared a dangerous situation. A minute later Cunningham saved miraculously from a point-blank header as the pressure built.

In the 80th minute Cunningham was again the hero when he pushed out a close-range shot - he took a real battering tonight as for the third time, a Glass forward clattered into him - he really is a warrior in times of need!!
With crosses raining in and Glass’s desperation growing the Swatcat defence time and again cleared their lines and in the 80th minute Cunningham brought off another blinder of a save from a close-range shot.

In the closing minutes, Bangkok Glass’s defence was again found absent when substitute Shehrel blasted over with only the keeper to beat - in reality, despite Glass’s pressure, the Swatcats had produced more quality chances.

In a final desperate and final flourish, Totti went close in the dying seconds but the visitors held on for the victory.

A dour defensive performance which sent Bangkok Glass plummeting down into Tier 2. A lucky 3 points, however the defence must be commended for some brave and at times heroic work to keep Glass at bay.
7th place in the league following this result - a commendable effort from an average bunch of players who have been coached - by necessity I believe, to avoid defeats. Not great to watch but the alternative, especially in this 5 down season was relegation!!

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1164 on: October 08, 2018, 05:54:17 PM »

Match Day 34 results and end of season table

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1165 on: October 09, 2018, 12:24:58 PM »

Season 2018 Review

After a surprisingly bright start that saw the team soaring into the top 6, the team settled into a comfortable mid table position although, it must be said never more than 4 or 5 points clear of the relegation zone. This was a crucial season for the team, with 5 down, I was not alone amongst Thai football pundits in thinking that they might be one of the favourites for the dreaded drop.

The club’s rather bold mid season decision to end the contracts of Adiyiah and Rangel and bring in Assumpcao and other supporting squad players appeared to have paid off with  improved second leg results.
The low point of the season was the walloping at home by Port followed by another home defeat to Chonburi. These were two dreadful performances and my spirits fell alarmingly as the spectre of relegation loomed large.

Highpoint was probably the run in the league cup, ended unfortunately by the loss on penalties to Chang Rai in the semifinal. A good day out for the fans and a morale booster for the players.

Questions will be asked of coach Joksic. My take is that he has led us to a fairly comfortable mid table finish with an average bunch of players. The team is now established in the Premier League and only investment in better players will help the club to kick on. Unfortunately, I think this is unlikely to happen so the future seems to be mid table obscurity.

Positives are that Malaysian striker Shehrel, looks to have a great future with the club and the team’s defence, although at times appearing disorganized has looked fairly secure.
Assumpcao’s future is questionable and I am not sure that he is the right man up front. Coach Joksic’s promise of new strikers being brought in must bring his future into doubt. The coach has also promised that fans will see a more positive approach next season and that he is 100% confident that the team will finish in the top 7 - here’s hoping.

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #1166 on: October 09, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »

TW. Thanks for an excellent Match Report and Review - 14986 views on this thread now   ;)
ATB

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1167 on: October 09, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »

Thanks Roger, I really appreciate your support.

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1168 on: October 10, 2018, 07:29:42 AM »

During the close season, I will attempt to keep on top of transfer news and other news relating to the club.

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #1169 on: October 11, 2018, 08:59:26 AM »

TW - that would be great. Thanks.

Re. strikers - Pattaya's No.9 would do for me and I also see that Jermaine Defoe is looking for a move . . . . he'd be OK   :)

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #1170 on: October 13, 2018, 02:52:26 PM »

The Swatcats don't actually get a mention in this otherwise excellent article :-

''The only genuine piece of excitement came at the expense of top-flight veterans Bangkok Glass, whose efforts to dodge the bullet ended in a heartbreak as they were relegated to the second tier for the first time in the club's history, on the last day. However, Bangkok Glass will have former giants Police Tero, who were relegated earlier, for company in the second division.''

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/1557354/a-year-of-unfulfilled-expectations?utm_source=enewsletter_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=news

PARTICULARLY of interest to me TW was to see there'll be games against Rayong and Trat 'locally', plus Chonburi and Pattaya of course, so I'll make some more efforts next season.

Withdrawal symptoms being experienced - no TPL, EPL, Test Cricket OR F1 this weekend  :(

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1171 on: October 13, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »

I'm watching Sri Lanka v England ODI Roger.

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1172 on: October 18, 2018, 07:40:10 AM »

Rumours are circulating concerning the future of Pattaya United. It is certain that they will not be playing at Pattaya's Nong Prue stadium next season - the stadium needs too much money to update to current FAT standards - particularly the floodlights. It is proposed that they will play at Minburi next season.

In another development, it is suggested that the team may make a permanent move to Samut Prakan and will be renamed K Sport Samut Prakan.

Dang it, there goes my annual pilgrimage to Sin City!!

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #1173 on: October 18, 2018, 08:55:17 AM »

Damn - there goes mine too  ;)

Just MO but I think if they cannot continue in Pattaya, the place should be given to BKK Glass !
Allowing a move to say Minburi is potty  :o

So let's grab Pattaya's No. 9 then  ;D

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1174 on: October 18, 2018, 10:02:10 AM »

Hi Roger, there is no doubt in my mind that "Pattaya" will be in the Premier league next season either as Pattaya United playing elsewhere or as K Sport Samut Prakan playing at the old Superpower Samut Prakan venue.

There is no evidence that another team eg Bangkok Glass will replace them. It will be down to the "bigwigs" and the FAT mafia to make the required decisions !!!

Same old, same old thai football drama. Let's just be thankful that the Swatcats seem to be becoming stable and established !!!

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1175 on: October 19, 2018, 06:16:32 PM »

Nakhon Ratchasima is set to sign Amadou Ouattara from Navy FC.

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1176 on: October 19, 2018, 06:18:24 PM »

My dream signing. Been saying for ages sign him up. He will be a great signing. Now all we need is a big fellah up front to get on the end of his crosses.

I wonder if Milos has been reading my tweets

Thaiwolf

« Reply #1177 on: October 19, 2018, 06:27:10 PM »

Details of the Swatcats new signing

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #1178 on: October 19, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »

Thanks TW - good news  :)

''I wonder if Milos has been reading my tweets'' - OF COURSE HE HAS !   ;)

Keep up the good work . . .

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]