Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 1580 · 43342

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Decha Strangdee played his 100th game for the Swatcats in yesterday’s match.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Dateline 13th July 2019

FT NRFC 3 Ratchaburi 3

Attendance; 8976

The Swatcats started with Henri, Amadou, Hartmann and Assumpcao - a bold statement of intent!!

The hosts began on the front foot with Amadou threatening. His fine tantalizing cross, 5 minutes in, was met by Hartmann who headed wide.
 It soon became apparent that a fast passing and quick thinking Ratchaburi would be causing problems on the break and sure enough, in the 11th minute, Lossemy Karaboue lashed in a humdinger from 22 yards to give the visitors the lead.

The Swatcats responded quickly as Amadou put Hartmann clear but he shot wide with only the keeper to beat. Ratchaburi continued to look dangerous, with Karaboue going close in the 26th minute, as the Swatcats huffed and puffed looking for the equalizer.

Amadou again was the provider as he set up a chance for Assumpcao in the 30th minute but his low drive went inches wide.
As the half ended, despite having most of the play, the hosts found themselves one down.

The Swatcats came out in the second half with great intent and they were quickly rewarded as Assumpcao equalized when he blasted into the roof of the net from 6 yards. This was the Brazilian’s 100th TPL goal aided by a delicious, teasing cross from guess who … Amadou.

The Swatcat jubilation was short lived as Ratchaburi regained the lead in the 57th minute as Steeven Langil headed in following a parried save by Cunningham. Ratchaburi’s rangy strikers continued to torment the Swatcat defence and Langil scored his second to put the Dragons further ahead.

Game over, or so it seemed, as a crestfallen Swatcat outfit, with heads down, kicked off.

Assumpcao had a superb free kick well saved as the hosts pressed and with the Ratchaburi defence sitting deep, perhaps there was hope after all. Assumpcao had yet another free kick superbly saved in the 76th minute as the Swatcats flooded forward.

With the visitor’s defence tiring Amadou shot into the side netting, then on 89 minutes, the Swatcats pulled one back when Henri nodded in from a corner. Unbelievably, in the 93rd minute, the Swatcats equalized when Amadou blasted the ball into the net after outfoxing two defenders.

Well, a point salvaged after being thoroughly outplayed for most of the match. Things are just not going the Swatcat’s way currently. A fighting finish but the host’s defence was exposed far too often. I cannot fault the team for their endeavour and fighting spirit, but it is becoming clear that the current team is not as good as I thought it was.
Things are very tight mid table and we are becoming perilously close to the drop zone… on the other hand, we are 2 points off 6th place in the table!!!

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks for that TW - great report.
Let's hope it goes our way next week then !
ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats take on Surat Thani City in the next round of the FA Cup this Wednesday, 17th July at the 80th Anniversary Stadium, KO 1800 hours. It will not be televised.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks TW. I see that Trat have lost their last 4 games so maybe Sunday - 3 points - a somewhat overdue Swatcats win. I'm driving down that evening as it's only an hour away. Sunday 21st 6pm. I'll stand with the orange army so it should be fun.

I wondered how Hartmann looked generally against RatchaB - a good acquisition ?

BTW were's my favourite enforcer No 33 - mini Superman ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
 Hi Roger, enjoy the game at Trat.

Hartmann impressed me on saturday. A good old fashioned bustling centre forward. Whether Joksic can continue to play the "big 4" is up for debate. I for one hope he does. I think Hartmann could become a key player - he gives  the coach a different option up front.

Your favourite Kitsada has been muscled out by new signing Naruphon Wild but he is still useful on the bench when a bit of aggressive defending is needed!!

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats visit Trat to take on the White Elephants this weekend (Sunday 21st July, KO 1800 hours, TV coverage TBC).

TPL newcomers Trat have had a successful campaign but recently have hit a rough patch and I expect the Swatcats to gain a share of the points.

Thaiwolf prediction; Draw.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Correction.  The Swatcat's match tonight WILL be televised.  It will be shown live on Truesports 6.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats eased into the FA Cup quarter finals by defeating a spirited Surat Thani team 4-0. Goals from Decha, Amadou, Henri and Attapong Nooprom sealed the victory.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
FA Cup draw tomorrow,
Friday 19th July
Quarter Finals to be played on Wednesday 7th August.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Confirmed,  the Swatcat's game on sunday will be televised live on Truevisions Channel 357.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks TW.
Sorry to ask for a favour again, but do you have an address for the Stadium, or a map ?
I'll give 'em a shout for you. ATB Roger

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Hi Roger, they play at Trat Province Stadium. Enjoy the match.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks TW - that's brill. ATVB

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats have drawn Bangkok United (at home) in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
THAILAND 🇹🇭
Zambian midfielder Noah Chivuta [@chivuta15] put in an impressive full 90 minutes shift for the Lamphun Warrior side that registered a narrow 1-0 win over Ang Thong FC. Lamphun goalkeeper Adisak Duangsri scored the only goal of the match.

Congrats Noah! https://t.co/1tYQiXBwIV

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Dateline 21st July 2019

FT Trat FC 2 NRFC 1

Attendance; 3959

The Swatcats headed south for this weekend’s clash with the White Elephants, they started with the “big 4” - a bold selection for an away game.

In front of raucous away support, and on a heavy pitch, the visitors opened brightly but a fine solo goal from Doumbouya put the hosts ahead in the 15th minute. Seconds later he nodded in a second but as replays proved he was ruled erroneously offside.

As the Swatcats struggled in midfield a weak effort from Hartmann and a cross shot from Amadou was all they could muster as the half progressed.

The hosts had another goal ruled offside in the 28th minute as they continued to savage the Swatcat defence, then Hartmann had a point-blank header knocked over by the host’s keeper.

As the half drew to a close Pralong went close with a free kick and minutes later, the Swatcats were awarded a penalty when Henri was hacked down inside the box. Henri slotted the penalty kick home to send the visitors in at half time, rather fortunately, on even terms.

The second half opened with Hartmann replaced by Akekanat in order to bolster the visitor’s defence - I predict a tough 45 minutes ahead!! Trat continued to look very dangerous up front with the Swatcats unable to gain any real traction in midfield.

The hosts were now exerting almost continuous pressure with Jurosinmi testing keeper Cunningham with a low drive and inevitably Trat went ahead when Bireme blasted into the net in the 75th minute.

Late drama as Doumbouya spurned a great chance to make it three when he missed from 6 yards with only the keeper to beat, he then had the rebound from the keeper kicked off the line.

A sloppy first half defensive display and unfortunately, the Swatcats were outplayed for most of the game by a superior Trat outfit.

Coach Joksic cannot afford to play Henri, Hartmann, Assumpcao and Amadou, it leaves the side unbalanced and understrength in midfield. Bold coaching undoubtedly, but our slide down the table calls for a more defensive approach - I fear dark days ahead - what a disappointment.