Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 1657 · 48435

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
 The Thai FA has decreed that all matches played in March will be played behind closed doors.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
As a dynamic and preventative decision that's impressive  ;)  I wonder what the Thai FA know that we don't ?    ???    ???

How does that line up with continuing encouragement for tourism (in and out) and statements that the Corona situation will be better after Songkran and when the summer heat comes ?

You must be gutted TW and also I'm sorry to see the Swatcats in an all too familiar ranking. Same as you, I was pleased it was just ONE goal conceded - remembering that RatchaB put 4 past Buriram last out ? ATB
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks TW. I guess the 'closed doors' will be for Round 5 etc. during March - last night's games were attended. BTW - do you recall how may of our wins were 'Home' last season and how many 'Away' ?

IF what we are told about Corona status atm in Thailand is true, that decision looks an over-reaction from the Thai FA ?
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Hi Roger, season 2019, home points 23, away points 11.

I suspect the spectator ban will be extended beyond March. All matches of course will be televised live.

Bad news for Swatcat fans, glad I made the three away games early on. Again I suspect that there will be no fans allowed for the rest of the season.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
The Swatcats take on Suphanburi this weekend (Saturday 7th March, KO 1900 hours, TV coverage TBC).

Please note, this game will be played behind locked doors.

Suphanburi are being tipped by many to be relegation candidates but are currently sitting pretty in 6th place. This an important fixture for the Swatcats, if they win, 6 points from 5 away games would be very positive, if they lose, they will see themselves floundering near the bottom of the league with confidence low.

Thaiwolf prediction; Away win.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
This fact might cheer up Swatcat fans.  Our three defeats have all been to top six sides!!
Two of the defeats were against first and second placed teams.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Days after announcing that TPL League matches would be played behind closed doors in March, rumours now circulating that they will be postponed instead

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
BREAKING: All TPL League games postponed until April 18.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
That's post songkran. Did they explain why that date was chosen?

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
 Hi Caller, I think that date was chosen due to original decision to play behind closed doors during march, then usually no games over songkran. Just guessing.
Incidentally there is great furore over this decision, it may be changed again!!!

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Just to confirm, there will be no TPL fixtures this weekend.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks for the feedback. Daily we are seeing those in charge of things here being exposed as fools. There is simply no leadership from the top.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks TW - I can see the new seats and can't think why they changed them ? The pitch looks awful and just as well we won't be playing for a while - a resumption in April looks very unlikely to me.

Sorry to be so cheerful but I wonder if the clock will work now  ;)

Hope you OK M8 ? No EPL, TPL, WWFC, TUFC, F1, Cricket, Rugby what is there to do LOL

TCOY and ATB

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
BREAKING: Thai League postponed to 2nd of May 2020 due to COVID-19
I suspect that the season will not be completed, I cannot understand why they  are pussy footing around. Looking like a repeat of the Tokyo olympics decision making.