Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 1696 · 50936

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
BANGKOK (25 April 2020) – The FA of Thailand (FAT) have officially written to the government to seek approval of the resumption of the Thai League behind closed doors should the situation with COVID-19 continue to improve.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Matbe they do listen!!!

"The story is dated today (25th), but it is rather vague. Maybe they read your article, Russ? "

Watch this space for news on a possible June/july restart!!

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Maybe Russ - we all like to think we can make a difference. BTW good article, I wondered where you'd been  8)  I bet FAT loved being called 'clever clogs'  ;)  Keep up the good work   :)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Well here's a huge surprise,  the FAT to meet government representatives on friday to discuss an early start to the TPL season.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
It would appear that the FAT have confirmed a september start for the TPL citing the government's decree on the rules regarding contact sports.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
TW - still a delay until September ! Hopefully the Govt. rules will change this month  and the FAT can rethink it    ???
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Hi Roger,  I believe this ruling is concrete.  I believe that the FAT,  having got into their heads that they want sept-may seasons in future,  are now hiding behind the government's no contact sport ruling.

Don't rule out some sort of pre season activity.  The clubs are suffering heavily due to loss of income.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi TW - it's plain barmy ! If FAT want to move to a Sep-May season - how's this ?

Continue the 2020 season with all fixtures to be completed, (same schedule and sequence different dates obviously) and start the 2021 season on January 2nd earliest. Titles and relegation integrity intact  ;)

2021 transition season to be one fixture against each team only - so finished by May easy.  Job done.

Abandon all Cups  ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:12:50 AM by Roger »

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Confirmed,  the TPL will kick off on 12th September.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
TW that's nearly another 4 months to go  ::)  I guess the new grass at the King's will have settled in nicely by then   :)  IMHO it's a ridiculous decision.

I was looking forward to the trip to Trat on Sunday 24th  :'(   

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
TW - Bundesliga already playing and La Ligue on June 8th  ;D

TPL September  :(

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Dumb decision with potentially disastrous financial consequences for many clubs.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
In a blow to the Swatcats,  loanee midfielder Wongsakorn Chaikultewin has been recalled to parent club Muang Thong United.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Getting angrier by the day with TPL situation as the EPL touted to restart on 17th June.

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Hi ThaiWolf,

it is useless to get angry about situations you cannot change. The Dutch competition will not be finished at all. Football only allowed after September 1 so I will have to wait more than 3 months before I can see my club playing again. Be happy what you have because stress is not good for us anymore  ;D ;D ;D

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Sage
Very true Robert.  Perhaps I should have said frustration rather than anger.