Korat-Farang.com

Nakhon Ratchasima FC - The Swatcats

Roger · 1923 · 63928

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
Dateline: 21st February 2021

Attendance: Played behind closed doors.

Full time: Sukhothai 0 NRFC 0

With the Swatcats seeking to go 12 points clear of the bottom three, they took on strugglers Sukhothai tonight.

In early action, Amadou had a great chance to put the visitors ahead when his snap shot was cleared off the line by the home defence. As the game progressed, with Kanuk again running things in midfield, supplying Amadou with plenty of through balls, Korat began to dominate.

Chichanok spurned another great chance in the 22nd minute when he headed wide after a superb Amadou cross as the visitors poured forward. At the other end, in a rare chance for the home team, the ever dangerous Baggio belted a 20 yard free kick against an upright in the 33rd minute.

As the half concluded, the two teams went in with honours even but with the Swatcats firmly in the driving seat.

He second half began with a bang when a Murillo free kick was superbly tipped over by the home keeper. The Firebats countered and a dangerous cross shaved the upright before being scooped up by keeper Tanachai.

Minutes later a low drive from Amadou was pushed wide by the keeper then Akekanat headed just over from a Kanuk free kick as the visitors again pressed.

As the match drew to a conclusion, Natapong was sent off for second yellow in the 80th minute and the 10 men of Korat suppressed some late Sukhothai pressure to finish the game with a well earned point.

The Swatcats are playing well at the moment. There is great spirit within the team and their work rate is exceptional. They have made themselves very difficult to beat and for the second game running perhaps they were rather unfortunate not to snatch all three points.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 11:12:21 AM by Thaiwolf »

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
Two in form teams meet on wednesday when the upbeat Swatcats welcome fourth placed Samut Prakan City (Wednesday 24th February, KO 1800 hours).  Samut Prakan defeated the Swatcats in an earlier FA Cup encounter and I expect a tight match.

Thaiwolf prediction: Draw.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
Dateline: 24th February 2021

Attendance: Played behind closed doors.

Full time: NRFC 0 Samut Prakan City 0

Fourth placed Samut Prakan were tonight's visitors.

Gidi Kanuk was absent due to a yellow card suspension. How would thee team cope without him?

An explosive start when a long ball set Murillo clear in the second minute. He attempted to lob the keeper but the keeper managed to parry the shot and the ball was cleared. There then followed a frenetic 10 minutes during which an exchange of shots from both sides set the game alight.

Dennis Murillo headed an Amadou cross onto the crossbar in the 17th minute as the hosts pressed and minutes later a long range drive from the visitors flew just wide of the post with the home keeper floundering.

In the 37th minute Curran sent Amadou clear but the visiting keeper managed to block his shot then at the other end, Tardeli drew a world class save from Tanachai when he sent in a thunderous drive.

The action was non stop as two in form teams battled it out and as a breathless first half drew to a close, neither team was able to convert their chances into that vital first goal.

The second half began with Samut Prakan looking lively and dangerous up front. With the Swatcats seemingly unable to match their first half endeavours, a Samut Prakan goal seemed likely. Keeper Tanachai parried a long range shot in the 68th minute as the Sea Fang pressed in what was becoming one way traffic.

In a rare foray forward Weerawat Jiraphaksiri tested the visitor's keeper after fine work from Chichanok, but the relentless Samut Prakan pressure continued.
Villanueva nearly snatched an unlikely winner in the 89th minute when his downward header bounced over and as the match ended, the visitors were perhaps unlucky not to snatch all three points

Well, the unbeaten run continues with a well fought for point against a talented Samut Prakan outfit. An action packed first half with both teams creating chances. The Swatcats missed the link up play usually provided by Kanuk but despite this, the team created many chances with Amadou often involved.
The second half belonged to the Sea Fang with the home side unable to maintain possession and producing little in the way of chances. Overall, a fair result but that second half performance was worrying and reminiscent of our pre Kanuk days.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
It's the big one this weekend. The Swatcats welcome the mighty Buriram United in this much anticipated Isaan derby (Saturday 27th February, KO 1700 hours).
Can the Swatcats complete the double over their near neigbours? I think not although I do believe that a rejuvenated Swatcat team could run them close.

Thaiwolf prediction: Away win.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
There is speculation that a limited number of fans will be allowed to attend this weekend's matches.

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
It's the big one this weekend. The Swatcats welcome the mighty Buriram United in this much anticipated Isaan derby (Saturday 27th February, KO 1700 hours).
Can the Swatcats complete the double over their near neigbours? I think not although I do believe that a rejuvenated Swatcat team could run them close.

Thaiwolf prediction: Away win.

Last night I watched part of the game Buriram versus ChiangRai on channel 91 T-Sports but so many unnecessary mistakes and wrong passes I simply turned tv off.  I did not watch Thai football for many years after being to the stadium of Swatcats several times. At that time level of game was too poor for me ( I am spolied being an Ajax fan since 1969  ;D ;D ;D). Yesterday at Buriram game I saw a lot of firm fouls and for one only a yellow card was given which IMHO was wrong as should have been a dark red one. Do they use VAR in Thailand? Buriram did not impress at all so SwatCats might have a chance to win this match too.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
Yes Robert,  we do have VAR.  Agree with you on standards but supporting a local team for me overcomes the deficiences.  Thanks for your comments.

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Yes Robert,  we do have VAR.  Agree with you on standards but supporting a local team for me overcomes the deficiences.  Thanks for your comments.

Understand you support but Thai game hurted my eyes too much. Have been playing myself on amateur level (allthough with and against some profi's) and see so many silly mistakes.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I get it Robert - but as I can't watch Ajax or Man. City every week. the Swatcats are OK for me. Any football is better than none and if I lived in Korat still, I would watch every home game.

I agree with you - the Swatcats will beat Buriram  ;)    ;)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
I get it Robert - but as I can't watch Ajax or Man. City every week. the Swatcats are OK for me. Any football is better than none and if I lived in Korat still, I would watch every home game.

I agree with you - the Swatcats will beat Buriram  ;)    ;)

I have a subscription on IPTV and can watch Premier League, German Legue, Dutch League, Italian League, Italian League. I do love my football and can see many matchs lives provide match time not too late. Through IPTV I can also see whole matches in catchup.
But you do have a computer and can watch highlights of most games on YouTube.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
No fans allowed for Buriram game.  Phased return of fans begins in March.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
The Swatcats take on Buriram on saturday (tomorrow) at 1700 hours.  Why not watch and post your opinion.

Click below for link to watch live.

https://aisplay.ais.co.th/portal/get_section/5fc131ae2bce0d1a3d307390/

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
I stopped watching because goals are given away so easily.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Hi TW. Thanks and I watched too, (but had to go out at 32 minutes).

Swatcats started well enough but you could feel Buriram coming into the game by then.

Just checked the score now and    :-[

Robert if you love football, this is it    ::)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Hi TW. Thanks and I watched too, (but had to go out at 32 minutes).

Swatcats started well enough but you could feel Buriram coming into the game by then.

Just checked the score now and    :-[

Robert if you love football, this is it    ::)

Later on Saturday I watched Man City against West Ham United. Today big game in the  Netherlands, PSV against Ajax.
Sorry to say I had my portion of Thai football and not impressed.

Online Thaiwolf

• Forum Wizard
Thank you for your contributions Robert, they are appreciated.