Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Motorway 6: Bang Pa In - Korat  (Read 501 times)

Robert

Re: Motorway 6: Bang Pa In - Korat
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 07:33:46 AM »

When driving to/from Bangkok I always take 362 to bypass Saraburi and there is also a lot of roadconstruction in that area. Looking at the map have to assume part of Highway 6, in that area also elevated highway.

Ratsima

• Administrator
    • Out and About Thailand - Travel Blog
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 08:35:30 AM »

When driving to/from Bangkok I always take 362 to bypass Saraburi and there is also a lot of roadconstruction in that area. Looking at the map have to assume part of Highway 6, in that area also elevated highway.

You're exactly right. The new motorway follows Hwy 362 east from Hwy 1 until 362 turns north. The new motorway continues east.

Pompui

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2018, 04:00:54 PM »

It's actually quicker to go through Saraburi than on the bypass. It saves 7 - 10 minutes depending on traffic.
Live like you are dying

Ratsima

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2018, 04:19:39 PM »

It's actually quicker to go through Saraburi than on the bypass. It saves 7 - 10 minutes depending on traffic.

We found the same thing. According to Google Maps the bypass is 4K and 7 minutes longer. Of course, the travel time depends a lot on traffic.

KiwiCanadian

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »

Check out this wiki map, its been available for some years now and seems to be updated quite frequently. I used it when they where building the bypass road 1111 from hyw 2 to hwy 224,

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=14.892368&lon=101.966858&z=10&m=b

it seems to be reasonably accurate for most of what is shown.
KC
I used to have a handle on life........but it broke

Ratsima

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2018, 04:24:48 PM »

Check out this wiki map, its been available for some years now and seems to be updated quite frequently. I used it when they where building the bypass road 1111 from hyw 2 to hwy 224,

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=14.892368&lon=101.966858&z=10&m=b

That is excellent. Thank you. I was interested to see that there will be access from Motorway 6 to the Eastern Ring Road on an access road right next to Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University. I was wondering how they would accomplish that.

Alfie

• Forum Lover
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 08:48:35 PM »

I drove along the 362 a couple of weeks ago. It's not a very quick route at the moment as they are building the elevated roadway there and there are several sets of extra traffic lights there. The elevated roadway along the 362 is coming along nicely. A double set of roads looks almost complete at one point but it's not complete all the way along that road. Only partial. I'll see if I have a photo of it.

By the way, isn't there another thread about the new road? I'm pretty sure there is, or was, but I've no idea where it's located now.

Edit
Found it: http://korat-farang.com/forum/index.php?topic=8667.0
Work begins on new Ayutthaya-Ratchasima motorway

Perhaps one of the admins could merge the two threads, or at least move the other thread into this part of the forum rather than it being lost in General Discussion.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:00:48 PM by Alfie »
Nil carborundum illegentium est

Ratsima

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 04:34:58 AM »

Perhaps one of the admins could merge the two threads, or at least move the other thread into this part of the forum rather than it being lost in General Discussion.

The old thread has been merged with the newer one.

Robert

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 07:19:15 AM »

We found the same thing. According to Google Maps the bypass is 4K and 7 minutes longer. Of course, the travel time depends a lot on traffic.

I am retired so time enough  ;D ;D ;D. My "problem" has more do to with the merging traffic near Saraburi. Have seen some accidents there caused by people changing lanes without waiting for some space. With roadcontructions on 362 for sure using this road takes a lot more time I agree 100%. Anyway when new highway nr 6 is ready I for sure will use this road. Then no need for 362 anymore. I just mentioned 362 to tell also elevated roadcontructions at that area.

Ratsima

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 10:58:18 AM »

Paving of the new motorway has begun in the vicinity of Si Mum. I cycled up there this morning and took the opportunity to ride on the new concrete. It's incredibly smooth and the joints are pretty much undetectable. I wonder how long it will last?

Pages: 1 [2]