Korat-Farang.com

Amazing Olympians !

Roger · 25 · 422

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Well there we are - it's over.
And the UK with 27 Golds is in second place pipping China in 3rd place. Amazing.

I heard that in 1996 the UK got just ONE Gold Medal ! Some improvement. Apparently a certain Mr John Major initiated some policy changes after that.

Mo Farah is my favourite - what a Gent ! What a runner !
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
Superb performances all round but I agree Mo was my favoruite too.

The National Lottery started funding athletics and other sports in 1997 and that's when the improvements began.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
I am also proud of The Netherlands. Small country but still 8 gold, 7 silver and 4 bronze medals.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Yes Robert - an excellent effort by the Netherlands. Could have been better but for the UK snatching the Ladies hockey Gold !
And more Golds than Silvers, more Silvers than bronze.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
This guy is amazing. I know many of his medals are in relays but he swam the anchor leg on many in which he did not have the lead to begin with. But still, 13 individual golds is a record I do not think anyone will beat.

Michael Fred Phelps II (born June 30, 1985) is an American competitive swimmer and the most decorated Olympian of all time,with a total of 28 medals. Phelps also holds the all-time records for Olympic gold medals (23), Olympic gold medals in individual events (13), and Olympic medals in individual events (16). In winning eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Games, Phelps broke fellow American swimmer Mark Spitz's record of seven first-place finishes at any single Olympic Games. In the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Phelps won four golds and two silver medals, 2016 Summer Olympics five gold medals, making him the most successful athlete of the Games for the fourth Olympics in a row