Roger · 114 · 3345

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Gotcha Tees !
Soon you'll have Big Sam again IMHO
It's early days for Sunderland - tick tock
GL - a good Club.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Tees I've just seen your post about Sunderland's signings on recent years.
That's a pretty awful record and explains the predicament.....
Big Sam'll sort it. GL
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Fantastic EPL !
Chelsea top the table now but tonight, it could be Arsenal or Liverpool ....
If Man Utd score 3 at Swansea, Sunderland will be lifted off the bottom !

In the last minutes, Man City robbed, and Burnley beat Crystal Palace too !

Chelsea get in 21 shots while Everton's star Lukaku can't get even one touch in the penalty area throughout the 90 mins. Chelsea's 21 shots and 5 goals make it 16-0 in 5 successive wins. Conte has them buzzing.

Much lauded Jack Wilshere makes his 100th EPL appearance in his seventh season.

And Sunderland, showing great spirit, win with 10 men !

Roll on Arsenal v Spurs tonight ....

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Liverpool - with their legendary status, (even in Th.) - it would be amazing to see them top the table - after all their disappointments and troubles. It's possible tonight.
Well done Jurgen Klopp.

Jack Wilshere has been very unlucky indeed with injuries.
But if Jack is to match the appearances of Ryan Giggs, Frank Lampard and Gareth Barry, he will at this rate, be around 59 years old at the time !

Online Teessider

Don't you think that Jack Wilshere is overrated? He was rubbish against Middlesbrough and produced nothing against Sunderland.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Chelsea were superb yesterday, obviously I'm biased, but that was a sheer joy to watch.

Funny how we all write Sunderland off and they win their 1st league game. But it can't paper over the cracks, take the keeper away and they would have had nothing again. He's an absolute star.

City looked jaded after Barca', Burnley are using their home advantage so well and West Ham still look poor.

Looking forward to the Arse game, a draw would suit me!

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Agreed that Wilshere is over-rated.
And of course, Sunderland can get free of the relegation zone - it's not even Xmas yet !
Confidence is a funny thing - 3 points will help.
Don't want to see Moyes fail either.
Come on Arsenal !

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Caller you got your draw then - and a Liverpool win. After the first few weeks of the season it would have been hard to pick Liverpool and Chelsea as the top two at this stage.
At Liverpool John Coutinho has always looked fantastic to me and with Firmino and Mane keeping Sturridge on the bench - Liverpool fans were chanting that if he was still at the Club - Luis Suarez would be on the bench too !

Arsenal v Spurs - I enjoyed the game. In slomo I thought Spur's penalty looked 'soft' but with both sides rapping the woodwork, a fair result ? Strange to see the '2 goals in 2 touches' man, Olivier Giroud held back so long.

Online Teessider

There are 6 pl games at 15:00 kick off on Saturday and with Barcelona also playing at that time it seems 1 game will not be shown on BeIn. The TV guide now shows which games are on and it would seem that surprisingly it is Palace v Man City that misses out with the days big 6 pointer Sunderland v Hull on BeIn 6. However nothing is certain!
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi Teess.
I'll be watching MUFC v Arsenal, the early kick off.
Sorry to say this as I'm usually wrong, but I fancy your boys to beat Hull.
As a TUFC supporter - it wasn't so long ago I saw Hull play at Plainmoor !
In League 2 !
GL

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I think everyone who watched Man. Utd. v Arsenal would agree that a draw was a very lucky result for the London boys ! Amazing. My M8 an Arsenal Fan was in despair and in the 2nd half I predicted that Giroud would score when he came on and Sanchez would get a second ! Half right then .... Olivier Giroud must be Super Sub of the season. Great header. Much the best I've seen Utd play this year - with Carrick and Jones starting.

Harry Kane saved Spurs with two very late goals - Everton grab the draw against Swansea.

A resounding win for Sunderland and I see Leicester City the Champs, are sinking towards the relegation area. Liverpool flunk the chance to get away at the top and Man City join them after 2 goals from Mr Grumpy (Y. Toure).

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
This is funny. An oldie but a goodie.  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBUk2gNRx0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBUk2gNRx0</a>
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Nice throwback Alfie. . .
For anyone that missed this today - good fun for the over 30's !

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/22/premier-league-best-over-30s-zlatan-ibrahimovic

I just couldn't believe that list - all over 30 on EPL debut.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Against promo chasing Forest Green Rovers - Torquay United take a 3-0 lead in 14 second half minutes and then concede to 3-3 in 4 yes FOUR minutes before grabbing the winner. Phew. The only TUFC scorer for many many prior games had been on-loan Torquay born Kieffer Moore (5 goals in 4 games for TUFC) who was back in his parent FGR team and didn't score for once - Good Boy ! Return fixture on New Year's day . .

In the minor leagues, I see Chelsea are up to 12 wins in a row and Man Utd seem to be on a charge with Mikhitaryan scoring with a backheel volley from 12 yards - that must be unprecedented ? Man City and Arsenal keep up the chase.
In the Championship - Leeds, Fulham and even Villa show signs of chasing the play-off places.

Online Teessider

Mkhitaryan was offside, goal of the game was Fabio Borini.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Tees - but it was amazing to backheel a volley from 12 yards. Borini is a star man too.
Sorry about your boys yesterday - I think they'll stay up but NOT with Big Sam in charge as I mooted many weeks ago. Poor ole' Palace got 'im.
I think Moyes will be a good Manager for you - if he can hang on in there ! ATB

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
London rules OK ?
Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham the top 3 ! Liverpool 4th.
Manchester clubs in 5th and 6th places.
With Diego Costa back in the fold atm, hard to see anyone catching Chelsea.

Guardiola ponders the wisdom of shipping Joe Hart out for Claudio Bravo.

Stoke in 9th after being at the bottom of the table.

Leicester beaten again and showing no sign at all of 'Champion' form.

Sam Allardyce's words of wisdom that Palace are not good enough come true, as they enter the bottom 3. Great way to motivate your boys Sam . . .

What a great season so far.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Teess. Sunderland signing Joleon Lescott ! ?
Good luck.

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard

Cadbury have announced they are set to sponsor the Premier League next season and have decided to assign each team with one of their products:

Liverpool will be Turkish Delight as nobody likes them.

Chelsea will be a Freddo as they continue to become more and more expensive.

Arsenal will be a Creme Egg because you won't see them after Easter.

Leicester will be a Flake because they appear to be quite good but then they just crumble.
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Very good Jivvy - but beware there is at least one keen Leicester fan in Korat !

Will they emulate Ipswich Town? Champs in 61/2, 6th from bottom in 62/3 and bottom in 63/4 with a negative goal difference of 65 - yes 65 !

Fulham were a major contributor having beaten them 10-1 at Craven Cottage - I was there!

I don't know if the Champs have ever been relegated the next season ?