Korat-Farang.com

Brexit

Alfie · 799 · 25619

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I've just watched Theresa May's Brexit speech. Quite good, I thought. What do you think?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb14pyIqosk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb14pyIqosk</a>
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I agree. Made a lot of sense to me. The EU politicians need to decide if they really want to cut off their collective noses to spite their faces regarding a trade deal. Their language suggests they do. Looking forward to Mutter explaining to a German car worker that he is losing his job for the sake of EU unity. Hopefully sense will prevail.

Online Pompui

Well, the pound has gone up after her speech, so that's a good thing.
Will be interesting to see the Euro leaders and the Scots reactions.
She mentioned that there will have to be compromises along the way, I wonder what they will be.
Live like you are dying

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Alfie thanks for posting Theresa May's speech - I listened to it throughout.

My thoughts :-
1. TM really is a good performer with a speech and I am pleasantly surprised with the amount of authority she projects .
2. Compared to our last Lady PM, TM can be strong without sounding affected, false and shrill.
3. The Govt. have taken all the hard and good decisions necessary IMO and this speech communicated the UK Govt's determination with dignity.
4. Other EU Members surely cannot miss the sense of the message about continuing with us as trading partners, friends and allies.

Pompui yes the £ had a little bounce - hopefully by the late summer we might get back to B48 or thereabouts. I am still 100% in favour of Brexit.

Well done Mrs May !

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
I too thought it was a well delivered speech which was firm yet conciliatory.

I think the UK holds a few "Trump" cards in the negotiations now. I did like Donald's comment about putting 35% tax on BMW imports to the States :D

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
I enjoyed seeing the PM Mrs May, sitting on the steps in the 'Lords' watching the progress of the Article 50 debate. And then Boris J did the same later apparently. It appears that the Govt. are going to stand firm against any 'Lords' resistance.

It is hard to know what the real progress is with Brexit - every connected comment from anywhere seems to get hyped up while the real work goes on in a few minds in Govt. and in the Ministries. IMO it will all come out OK as EU interests accept the inevitability and start to make the best of the future with the UK outside it.

Time will tell.

Hopefully the dreadful Tony Blair will crawl away before too long and leave the democratic process alone.

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline floyd77

The "un-electeded "pm will drag you's all off the cliff. Your going to be overun with indians and aussies due to your brilliant free trade deals ...! Thank fuck for the S.N.P !! How ironic is your post Roger...ypu are  watching one un-elected fool, overlooking a house full of even more un-elected fools,
then watched over by a self confessed remaining fool ! All this for the sakes of taking back control of "Democracy" IMO you are well and truly screwed. !!
Real progress on Brexit???
The only real progress that i see is that the so called "U.K " is dead in the water and little England is a sinking ship thats trying to emulate 30's Germany !!
Im enjoying watch this unfold and im looking forward to the day that We consign yous fools to decades of Tory fools rule ,while we take control of our bright futures. !! Thank You Rodger .

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Your going to be overun with indians and aussies due to your brilliant free trade deals ...!

That's probably the silliest prediction I have seen about Brexit.

little England is a sinking ship thats trying to emulate 30's Germany !!

Trying to emulate 1930s Germany? How so?

im looking forward to the day that We consign yous fools to decades of Tory fools rule ,

You mean they will get who they vote for?

while we take control of our bright futures. !!

Good luck!

But I suppose you'll have to ask the UK government for permission first, so speak nicely to Mrs May and the Tories.  :)

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Where's Floyd from (when he's sober  ;D)?

Offline floyd77

Im from Gods country Caller, however currently in Laos and beer Lao so cheap here ;)
Alfie , you realise all these so called "free trade deals" that the May Muppet is negotiating , will include more "immigrants" coming to England.
And in ref to 30s germany.. Hate crimes are up so much in England. The snoopers charter is reminiscent of the stazzi/gustapo. And May Muppet thinks shes the femme Adolf!! Welcoming racists like Trumpet with open Arms to meet the Queen "fellow german aristocracy"
We will claim our freedom without asking stupid tory fools!!
Saor Alba !! 😉

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard

Must have a lot of newts in Laos
still not sober!!!!
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
Just to move away from the rather inane direction this topic was beginning to take, this article in today's Indy should buck us up - if true!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/pound-sterling-is-the-most-undervalued-world-currency-and-will-rebound-to-pre-brexit-levels-a7597666.html

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The American  'Treasury' stated the same a couple of weeks back in some sort of advisory note. I am wary  of anything coming out of the EU in these pre-negotiation days.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Saor Alba !! 😉

Ah, you're Scottish! I think Anton & maybe others would request you start a new thread about a free Scotland, but as this is simpleton Sturgeons threat to the UK if Brexit happens, I'd say fine, go ahead, do your own thing. You're broke because of SNP policies and getting more in debt everyday. The level of debt in Scotland precludes membership of the EU by the EU's very own rules (although that doesn't mean much) and alone, you'll be in a worse state than Greece and as it is you're only surviving via Government subsidies, which in fairness applies to the whole of the UK. But the debt level is a lot lower south of the border.

Bon voyage!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 04:19:05 PM by caller »

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Alfie , you realise all these so called "free trade deals" that the May Muppet is negotiating , will include more "immigrants" coming to England.

I really don’t believe that will happen or be agreed to in any future trade deal

And in ref to 30s germany.. Hate crimes are up so much in England.

Police Scotland report an increase in hate crimes following the EU referendum
THERE was a rise in the number of crimes reported to police following the vote in June.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-scotland-report-increase-hate-8688744

Number of hate crimes against Muslims in Scotland nearly double over past year
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/number-hate-crimes-against-muslims-8901809

We will claim our freedom without asking stupid tory fools!!

If Scotland secedes unilaterally from the UK, the EU will refuse to accept Scotland as a member.

Offline enrico

caller ?  i dont think anton is scottish,, in fact i think i met him once about a year ago outside the klang ? im six foot tall, he ask if i was spanish, i said no english?  i ask him if he was spanish, he said no FRENCH ? if im wrong then i will say im sorry,but he was taking photos.  LOL    ENRICO

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
caller ?  i dont think anton is scottish

I never said he was, I was talking about Floyd.

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
Brexit
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi Teess. Thanks for that pic. But that's all ??
What are your thoughts on that pic and brexit atm ?
ATB