Korat-Farang.com

Rugby World Cup 2011

sfs · 44 · 1473

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
So here we go the first game is over and predictably New Zealand beat Tonga, but it was a game of two halves and if Tonga had got there act together in the first half I don't think the points difference would have been so large.

So do we have any views on the outcome of this years World Cup, who would you put your money on..........for me proberbly South Africa to win.

As far as my home team Wales, well i'm sure it will be similar to my school reports, tries hard but needs to do better.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

dutchy124

would certainly put the cat amongst the pidgeons if the sheep shaggers beat SA on Sunday.

Is this a typical Welsh supporter?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Salika Donga

There are more sheep in New Zealand and Australia.
I'm betting on the Aussies to lift the Trophy. ;)

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I like watching Rugby Union and would like to make a comment about it but since living in Thailand I have found it very difficult to watch it on TV so I really couldn't say which teams are in form or out of form, or even who the players are these days!

If anyone knows when it's on TV (free view), please let me know. I'll look for something on the internet, too.
'You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!'

Online dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
I think England will make the semis at least but probably the home fans will inspire the All Blacks to victory >:(
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Salika Donga

Hope youre right Mr Lev but surely New Zealand,Australia and South Africa are too good for our lads,

Derek

I like watching Rugby Union and would like to make a comment about it but since living in Thailand I have found it very difficult to watch it on TV so I really couldn't say which teams are in form or out of form, or even who the players are these days!

If anyone knows when it's on TV (free view), please let me know. I'll look for something on the internet, too.

Alfie
In June you posted a link to Eurosport on the internet but it doesn't work now  :'(

http://korat-farang.com/forum/index.php?topic=444.0

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Yes, I hope an updated link or a new source will appear.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Well the Pool rounds are over and next weekend we have the qtr finals. As predicted by Dereklev England are through to this round together with France, Ireland and Wales. The usual suspects are also through, Austrailia, NZ, South Africa and Argentina.

In my opinion it has thus far been a very good tournamont with the only shock result being Ireland beating Austrailia which lead them to win their Pool with no games lost.

Next saturday 12 noon is the start of the next round kicking off with Ireland V Wales. Now I have lived in Wales all my life, but both my parents were from Ireland, so who do I cheer for next week............................Wales of course.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

MrChokChai

argentina are a usual suspect???

samoa beating france is no upset???

both these are good for the game but certainly not common place, imho.

mcc

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Hi MrCC, Argentina play our home nations every year and have always proved to be a tough and worthy contender so I consider them as being in the right place now. Samoa V France I will give you as an upset, but not the shock result of Ireland against your home team.

dutchy124

The Samao result was indeed an upset, but surely the French are to blame. When the head coach says he wanted to go for a drink after the game with the players, but no one was around so he went on his own says a lot about team moral.

The minnows of the competiton have been hard hit by playing 4 games in 16 days whereas the top flight cannot play more than once in 7 days, surely a massive disadvantage to the lesser nations as they cannot be expected to have the same fitness levels, the same standard of health care, the same level of dietry requirements and of course without a barrister to guide them through the tournament.

If Samoa had had 7 days recovery time I think they would have got a lot closer to beating Wales.

This surely must be addressed in the next 4 years to ensure every nation has enough recovery time.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
I totally agree with you that every team should have the same rest period between games, the way it is at the moment has been really unfair to some teams and must be sorted..............but don't hold your breath on that one.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I agree. It seems unfair to have such a difference.

Salika Donga

England  lots of points   France   not enough    England win ;)
Wales   A few points      Ireland   a few more     Ireland win :)

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Well I certainly hope your wrong on both your predictions.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I reckon SD has it pretty much right. And I hope he's right on the first one. :)  I don't mind who wins the other game.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Well SD thankfully your first prediction was not right, fingers crossed for the English fans now.

Online sfs

• KFers beyond Korat
Unfortunatly SD both predictions were wrong. England really struggled in the first 40 mins and as Martin Johnson said later going into half time at 16-0 down was always going to be a struggle to claw back from especially against France.

I just hope that Wales can beat them next weekend now, on present form I think they stand a good chance.

Good luck to supporters of tomorrows matches.

Salika Donga

Haaaaa, my standing as K-F worst tipster remains intact. :D    Tomorrow ?

Aussies   to beat South Africa
All Blacks to beat the Argies.

One thing Im sure. We will be watching the new world champs tomorrow ;D ;D