Korat-Farang.com

The President Trump thread . . .

Roger · 220 · 9008

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
''Trump has been isolated in bunker mode in recent weeks as political and personal crises mount, according to interviews with 27 current and former White House officials, Republican lawmakers, and outside advisers to the president, some of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to offer candid assessments. “There’s going to be an intervention,” one former senior administration official said speculatively. “Jim Mattis just sent a shot across the bow. He’s the most credible member of the administration by five grades of magnitude. He’s the steady, safe set of hands. And this letter is brutal. He quit because of the madness.”''

and . . .

''In his resignation letter, Mattis wrote, “My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues . . . Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”''

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-tailspin-under-siege-trump-propels-the-government-and-markets-into-crisis/
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline ken kenobie

• Old age is an excellent time for outrage.
  • KFers in Korat
Ive never really been interested in political events and have not really been following what President Trump is up to , but every time I look at my world news web page , its full of what seems to be vast amounts of Trump negative news reports and stinging comments. So a simple question from a simple man :)

Has President Trump while in office actually done any thing that has been a benefit to the American people .

Ken
★ Coming soon – Ken Kenobie Forum iNET online service –The cost effective way to track and trace in real time any forum members current precise geographical location  ★ 

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Ken you ask - ''Has President Trump while in office actually done any thing that has been a benefit to the American people?''

Well there must be something but I'm not an expert either . . .

Here's some more negatives  :o

''Accounts from inside the White House, such as Bob Woodward’s book Fear, confirm that Mattis had manage to steer the president from impulsive moves that would have turned the world on its head, like pulling the US out of Nato, or launching assassination strikes against Bashar al-Assad of Syria and the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un.''

It get's worse :-

''‘Trump and Putin could end the world today’

The ever-present possibility of an unintended or unforeseen conflict flaring up increases fears among defence analysts over how Trump might respond without experienced figures like Mattis at his side. “President Trump has yet to be faced with a true international crisis,” said Alexandra Bell, a senior policy director at the Centre for Arms Control and Non-proliferation. “His behaviour and actions give little hope that he’ll react to pressure with calm resolve.” Bell pointed out that under the US command and control system, there is no institutional brake on Trump ordering a nuclear launch.

“The world must also come to grips with the fact that we have placed an inordinate amount of faith in the ability of individual leaders to behave rationally. By choice or miscalculation, President Trump and President Putin could end the world today and there’s little any of us could do to stop them. What’s worse is that’s the way we designed it.
”''

A nice cheerful thought for Christmas . . .

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/23/donald-trump-government-shutdown-syria-mattis-mcgurk-yemen

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Don't wanna bore you Guys and Waterheart - but there's some great photos in this link :-

''Donald Trump’s “big, beautiful wall” has become the trademark of his presidency. It is the promise that more than any other has energized his base, and riled his opponents, and his dogged attachment to it has now brought a large part of the US government to a historic 25 days of partial shutdown.

The potency of Trump’s wall – for his supporters and his detractors – stems from its simplicity. Build it tall, build it wide – he has pledged 1,000 miles of it – and America will be safe again. But how does that uncomplicated notion compare to the complexity of the border itself? Taken as a whole, the 1,954 miles of US-Mexican border is a place of astounding diversity – of terrain, of land-use, of city and countryside, of ethnicity. It traverses desert, river, mountain and sea
.''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/15/us-mexico-border-trump-wall-dispatch

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Well done Donald (at last).

''Donald Trump reached a deal with Democrats on Friday to temporarily end the longest shutdown in US history, without any funding for his proposed border wall. The 35-day shutdown has seen 800,000 government workers being sent home or working without pay since before Christmas.

Mr Trump agreed to the three-week re-opening of government departments and to leave the issue of wall funding to future negotiations. The decision came as government workers faced increasing hardship, many missing mortgage and car payments, airports suffered chaos, and the head of the FBI lambasted the shutdown
.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/25/donald-trump-announces-deal-reopen-us-government-longest-shutdown/

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
An all round bad day at the Office for President Trump :-

'' 'No agreement reached', White House says
    Talks broke down over lifting of US sanctions
    No third summit committed to by either leader
    Where did it all go wrong between Trump and Kim?
    Five things to watch as Donald Trump meets Kim Jong-un
    Trump urges 'friend Kim' to see Vietnam as blueprint for NK

Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un have failed to reach an agreement on denuclearising North Korea at their Vietnam summit, defying expectations that a deal of some form would be struck.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/28/donald-trump-kim-jong-un-summit-latest-updates-vietnam-meeting/

and . . . I tend to believe Michael Cohen's testimony - after all if he wanted to lie now, he would have stuck by Trump's side would he not ? NO chance of a Presidential 'pardon'  8) 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/27/michael-cohen-donald-trump-testimony-latest-news

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-michael-cohen-congress_uk_5c76b421e4b062b30eba1b57?

A VERY bad day at the Office for Donald.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
''Now Mueller, speaking at long last to the American people, has again announced with fierce precision, that the President of the United States may have committed federal crimes, and that there is a process to prosecute a chief executive. And he reminded us, once again, that contrary to Trump's endless equivocation, "The Russian military launched a concerted attack on our political system," trying to "damage a presidential candidate." They aimed to hurt Hillary Clinton, he made plain -- something Trump refuses to acknowledge.''

https://us.cnn.com/2019/05/29/opinions/mueller-trump-obstruction-ghitis/index.html

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
OMG I didn't think that President Trump could get any more bizarre.
Will the USA re-elect this Guy ?
I noted that 1. in some way ex-President Obama might be to blame and 2. People shouldn't say 'not nice' things. He is reacting like a big Baby ! Strewth  ::)

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-defends-pulling-out-of-denmark-visit-by-saying-you-dont-talk-to-the-us-like-that-104415118.html

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Guess no ones shocked by him any more
Look forward to Nov 2020

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat

Ratsima

Yes, we most certainly will.

How could any sane person campaign against the onslaught that Trump will surely generate?

It will be like trying to outbox the Pillsbury Doughboy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillsbury_Doughboy

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat

Yes, we most certainly will.

The God help America - oh, and the rest of the world!

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
He is obviously dying to nuke someone or something......!
President Donald Trump has suggested several times to senior national security officials that they look into the use of nuclear bombs to prevent hurricanes from reaching the United States.
A source who was at a White House briefing Sunday said Trump asked why a bomb can’t be dropped inside the eye of the hurricane to disrupt it as it heads across the Atlantic from Africa. The briefer "was knocked back on his heels," the source said, adding that "people were astonished.”
The idea has occasionally been raised over the years, even though scientists agree it won't work. To counter the notion that it is feasible, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has even published an on line fact sheet, which points out: “Apart from the fact that this might not even alter the storm, this approach neglects the problem that the released radioactive fallout would fairly quickly move with the tradewinds to affect land areas and cause devastating environmental problems.”

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
''Donald Trump announced by tweet that he fired his national security adviser John Bolton on Tuesday, citing “strong” disagreements with his proposals. The pair had recently clashed over Afghanistan policy, with Mr Bolton opposing a plan to invite the Taliban to Camp David for peace talks that was later scrapped.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/10/donald-trump-fires-national-security-adviser-john-bolton/

FWIW could this be good news ?

And just how well is President Trump doing around the World atm, apart from backing off from the Climate Change agreement ?

Afghanistan - the withdrawal of US troops may be slowed up ? The Taliban still running riot and the US stepping up air strikes.

Iran - becoming more and more extreme with the US withdrawal from the Nuclear Agreement and as sanctions are imposed. More hostages taken today.

Israel and the Arab territories - Israel happy and increasingly assertive. Palestinians no hope.

Syria - back in Assad's broad control but it's a mess.

North Korea - still testing missiles and playing Trump along ?

Yemen - ?

Saudi Arabia and Kashoggi - all forgiven is it ?

China - the trade war is damaging both economies.

Iraq - US bombing I S again.

Venezuela - situation fluid

Denmark and Greenland - still laughing.

I'm not an expert by any means - but things around the World are not good !
Will the US be able to do better without John Bolton around ?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 05:51:54 PM by Roger »

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
I hate to get into a political or religious discussion but I might as well put in my 2 cents as a US citizen. The one thing I can say good about Trump is he is not a politician. He owes nothing to nobody. Unfortunately as a successful and ruthless businessman he like things his way and is use to firing people who do have the same philosophy as he does. He has a BIG ego and sometimes get in the way. BUT he is not a pussy like Obama was and takes shit from no one which in a way is good and bad as he is a tough negotiator when he doesn't get his way.

The US has many irons in many fires and in my opinion as a combat veteran way too many. The US gives monetary aid to 192 countries and what does it get in return, not much if anything. What would happen if the US decided to practice Isolationism and give nothing to nobody and pull troops out of all foreign counties and just protect its boarders. Think about that scenario.

Of all the leaders of countries I think the president of the US, whoever he may be, has the hardest job of any leader.

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Hi Rdrokit,

I fully respect your opinion and agree with you not to get into discussions about politics and/or religions anymore.
However, I am not a US citizen and I politely disagree regarding Mr. Trump  ;D ;D ;D

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
RDRO - If the one good thing about Trump is NOT being a Politician - that's not great. As you say, he likes to have his own way and can be 'tough'. I agree with you that we should not expect the US to be the World's Policeman but Trump is actively involved in all these areas - it doesn't seem much has been achieved in his 3 years   :-\

Robert - nowt' wrong with 'discussions about politics and/or religions' - agreeing to disagree is OK.
I don't think RDRO has actually been very positive about Trump but I'm guessing you are not a Fan ?

We must ALL agree that the job the President of the US is VERY arduous and demanding  8)

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
Of all the leaders of countries I think the president of the US, whoever he may be, has the hardest job of any leader.
I agree: Whoever is president is the leader of the 'western' world, and perhaps that's a world that has come to believe it is entitled to sit in the shade of a US umbrella protecting them from harm. That Donald has shaken them and made them realise this is not the case is a good thing, and I think what he is doing with regards to the southern border is a good thing but would be better as part of a more detailed strategy to stabilise countries in S America. Like every president he is a 'curate's egg' - good in parts, unpalatable in others.

I see Anthony Scaramucci is now pointing to 'mental decline' in DT. He is suggesting DT might not make it to a second term. Not sure about that, as ego drives him more than anything. Interestingly DT teased a TRUMP 2024  poster. People jumped on the assumption he wants a third term. I disagree; I think Pence might be off the posters because DT is going to replace him as VP with Ivanka, and line her up to run in 2024. If he runs next year with Ivanka on the ticket it is very possible he might stand down part way through the term to give her experience in the Oval Office ahead of a clear run in 2024. Having his daughter as first female US president might be the ultimate ego trip for him.

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Was laughing at that then remembered laughing when Dad announced this run for president 😐