Korat-Farang.com

The President Trump thread . . .

Roger · 262 · 10179

Hector, jungle and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
RDRO just noticed your comment about discrediting Joe Biden - the other side of the Trump/Ukraine issue is that NO way IMHO should JB be accepted as a Candidate. Discharged from the US Army his Son quickly picks up well paid jobs in Ukraine and China for which he has NO qualifications . . .

Moving on - fake news or not ?

"President Donald Trump decided not to actively confront Saudi Arabia's crown prince over the grislly murderer of columnist Jamal Khashoggi last year because he was afraid global oil prices would spike, according to a forthcoming book.

'Do you know how stupid it would be to pick this fight?' Trump asked, according to 'A Warning,' penned by an anonymous author described as a senior Trump administration official. 'Oil would go up to one hundred fifty dollars a barrel. Jesus. How f***ing stupid would I be?
' "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7664871/Trump-decided-not-confront-Saudis-Jamal-Khashoggis-murder-oil-prices-spike.html
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
RDRO just noticed your comment about discrediting Joe Biden - the other side of the Trump/Ukraine issue is that NO way IMHO should JB be accepted as a Candidate. Discharged from the US Army his Son quickly picks up well paid jobs in Ukraine and China for which he has NO qualifications . . .

Moving on - fake news or not ?

"President Donald Trump decided not to actively confront Saudi Arabia's crown prince over the grislly murderer of columnist Jamal Khashoggi last year because he was afraid global oil prices would spike, according to a forthcoming book.

'Do you know how stupid it would be to pick this fight?' Trump asked, according to 'A Warning,' penned by an anonymous author described as a senior Trump administration official. 'Oil would go up to one hundred fifty dollars a barrel. Jesus. How f***ing stupid would I be?
' "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7664871/Trump-decided-not-confront-Saudis-Jamal-Khashoggis-murder-oil-prices-spike.html
Roger,
I agree about Biden should not be a candidate but I think Trump hopes he will be the candidate and then he will unload on him in the debates.

There is so much fake news out there I don't believe anything I read anymore.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
RDRO Reply 207 re. Impeachment ' "This will fissile out just like the Russia probe."

Hi I wonder if you still feel the same ? I've watched some of yesterday's proceedings with Marie Yovanovitch in the spotlight . . . shocking that Trump tweeted against her WHILE she was testifying  ::)

The Guy in this clip has a book to sell - once he was Acting Solicitor General - but he says this now looks worse than the Nixon predicament. Maybe so but this is now Trump's America not Nixon's ?

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/-this-is-worse-than-nixon-neal-katyal-on-the-impeachment-latest-73572933725
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
RDRO Reply 207 re. Impeachment ' "This will fissile out just like the Russia probe."

Hi I wonder if you still feel the same ? I've watched some of yesterday's proceedings with Marie Yovanovitch in the spotlight . . . shocking that Trump tweeted against her WHILE she was testifying  ::)

The Guy in this clip has a book to sell - once he was Acting Solicitor General - but he says this now looks worse than the Nixon predicament. Maybe so but this is now Trump's America not Nixon's ?

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/-this-is-worse-than-nixon-neal-katyal-on-the-impeachment-latest-73572933725
No way will he get impeached on hearsay evidence and so far it has been all hearsay. The Senate will not even consider a trail on hearsay evidence. This is just a smoke screen by the far Left to discredit Trump in hopes it will swing some votes their way in the 2020 presidential election.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi RDRO. You seem very sure.

Anything a 'Witness' says can be labelled 'hearsay' but can still have an impact. We're seeing a lot of testimony under oath that seems quite damning. I wonder what's needed to persuade some Republicans in the Senate to move against him.

Yesterday, Trump tweeted live, intimidating a Witness as she stood on the stand. That's surely unprecedented.

Just MO but truly shocking to see this stuff from the President of the USA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7689897/Former-Ambassador-Ukraine-Marie-Yovanovitch-testifies-second-day-impeachment-hearings.html
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:38:59 PM by Roger »

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
Hi RDRO. You seem very sure.

Anything a 'Witness' says can be labelled 'hearsay' but can still have an impact. We're seeing a lot of testimony under oath that seems quite damning. I wonder what's needed to persuade some Republicans in the Senate to move against him.

Yesterday, Trump tweeted live, intimidating a Witness as she stood on the stand. That's surely unprecedented.

Just MO but truly shocking to see this stuff from the President of the USA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7689897/Former-Ambassador-Ukraine-Marie-Yovanovitch-testifies-second-day-impeachment-hearings.html
Hersey is second or third hand information an can not be used in a trail in the Senate. Trump is not very presidential but he gets things done. The US economy is at record highs and unemployment is at a 50 year low. Can't argue with success.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Re. 'hearsay'. I've spent some time watching the Impeachment proceedings and it seems as 'first hand' as possible and some highly respected figures are testifying. It seems a forensic process to me.

At the end of this New Yorker piece, there's video snips of Fiona Hill, David Holmes and Gordon Sonland's evidence, and more. It's worth watching the fuller testimony if you have time - they seem to me to be very straight Folks.

That's IN CONTRAST to President Trump - just MO but he is flakey and didn't help his chances by bringing the even more flakey Giullianni into the fray . .

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-extraordinary-impeachment-testimony-of-fiona-hill

No offence to USA Friends - who are welcome to comment on Johnson and Corbyn's frolics  ;)

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
Most of the people who testify are career politicians who are not loyal to Trump and have there own opinions (hearsay) against him. There is no real evidence like a tape recording or written evidence. The transcript of the call in question is open to interpretation. Those in favor of Trump say no quid pro quo and those who do not like Trump say it is quid pro quo.

It's all he said she said. Since the Left has control of the House they will vote to send the inquiry to the Senate for trial. Since the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is in charge of the trial in the Senate and Federal rules will apply.

Rule 802 – The Rule Against Hearsay
Hearsay is not admissible unless any of the following provides otherwise:

a federal statute;
these rules; or
other rules prescribed by the Supreme Court.

The impeachment will die in the Senate.

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Interesting reading Roger and rd
Roger I agree with you most of the witness appear very creditable .
  Feel for the EU ambassador Sondland forking out a cool 1 mill just to get a front row seat to the show :0/
Finding it a bit disappointing that none of those loyal to Trump are coming forward to defend him at these hearings   
    Rd  like you I cant see Trump being forced from office as the republicans will just vote it down no matter what   
 I  am curious what happens when this all moves to the senate will it be like a normal trial ?
And can witness, documents and the entire telephone transcript be compelled?

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
  Feel for the EU ambassador Sondland forking out a cool 1 mill just to get a front row seat to the show :0/
Finding it a bit disappointing that none of those loyal to Trump are coming forward to defend him at these hearings   
    Rd  like you I cant see Trump being forced from office as the republicans will just vote it down no matter what   
 I  am curious what happens when this all moves to the senate will it be like a normal trial ?
If there was a trail in the Senate it would be held like any other trail with witnesses and cross examining from both sides but unless there is concrete evidence of a wrong doing and not just hearsay the Chief Justice will not start a trail as Federal law will not allow someone to be convicted just on hearsay.

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Thanks for that RD
Will be interesting to see how it pans out

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
If there was a trail in the Senate it would be held like any other trail with witnesses and cross examining from both sides but unless there is concrete evidence of a wrong doing and not just hearsay the Chief Justice will not start a trail as Federal law will not allow someone to be convicted just on hearsay.
That should be trial not trail. Sorry. ::)

Online dam12641

But with your accent, 'trial' and 'trail' don't sound all that different.
You are forgiven.  :)

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Agreed RDRO - that's blurb ! Just MHO but the Diplomats testifying earlier this week looked much more credible than the shysters in that clip. GL USA

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
The impeachment circus aside I find it difficult to understand Trump over ruling the military and pardoning more military personnel accused of war crimes

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
In the end, I can't see Trump getting through this . . . .

Trump knew about the 'whistleblower' before he released the promised military aid to Ukraine.
Rudy Giuliani in the front line and feeling defensive now ?  If Giuliani is 'thrown under the Bus', he has insurance  ;)
Worth a listen if you have time.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/trump-throws-rudy-under-the-bus-with-new-ukraine-comments-74148421840
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 04:47:07 PM by Roger »

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Roger imho I can't see that happening just yet as the Republicans will in effect be the jury when it comes to the final vote
But the Dems still have a lot of tree shaking to do yet
 The amount of BS over all this is just mind boggling just looking between CNN and Fox one wounders what's happened to journalism

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
    • Rokits Pictures
In the end, I can't see Trump getting through this . . . .

Trump knew about the 'whistleblower' before he released the promised military aid to Ukraine.
Rudy Giuliani in the front line and feeling defensive now ?  If Giuliani is 'thrown under the Bus', he has insurance  ;)
Worth a listen if you have time.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/trump-throws-rudy-under-the-bus-with-new-ukraine-comments-74148421840

Deep State Mainstream Media frenzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGXL3dh0Tuk