Korat-Farang.com

The President Trump thread . . .

Roger · 279 · 12691

demps1, Herbie and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
  Yep the Media gets it wrong and even makes it up at times but Trumps not alone on being the victim of this (Obama and the birther thing) and every other political  leader true its getting worse
   In my own opinion  The media is either owned by someone who mostly has an agenda and/or catering to a certain market (left or right)
Sorting fact from fiction isn’t easy and its become even more difficult nowadays with instant social media and new opinion channels spewing forth disinformation, half truths and unfounded conspiracy theories some them just to make money on click counts or ratings
What is hard for me to understand is the acceptance /unwillingness off many media outlets to vigorously challenge the obvious falsehoods and lies (maybe there’s just too much of it to deal with)
   One example of the current sad state of play is facebook and their support of political parties posting PAID FOR adds that are known to be untrue, lies and fake
Zuks  FB statement was it’s the public’s right to all the information so they can make their own mind up ?? Irony to that is after he and Theil had a secret dinner meeting at the white house with Trump and were caught out his reply to questions was …. oh that’s private :0/
  When it comes to upholding the Truth I don’t think Trump is the standard bearer :0)

So I will see your 101 media mistakes
And raise you 5276 Trump False statements
(Please except this in  the humors vein it is meant:0)

https://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
Trump has a big mouth and speaks before he thinks and pays the price. The thing what bothers me is I am 72 years old and an American citizen all my life and this is the first time I have seen a president fact checked so much or talked about so  negatively by the mainstream media. There is an ugly current from the far Left that I have never seen before. There are far more damaging presidents than Trump in the past and this has never happened.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
Trump has a big mouth and speaks before he thinks and pays the price. The thing what bothers me is I am 72 years old and an American citizen all my life and this is the first time I have seen a president fact checked so much or talked about so  negatively by the mainstream media. There is an ugly current from the far Left that I have never seen before. There are far more damaging presidents than Trump in the past and this has never happened.
Exactly what I have been saying. He must have read my mind or read our thread. lol

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/trump-impeachment-hearings-presidential-misconduct-historical-perspective/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NR%20Daily%20Monday%20through%20Friday%202019-12-05&utm_term=NRDaily-Smart

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Exactly what I have been saying. He must have read my mind or read our thread. lol

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/trump-impeachment-hearings-presidential-misconduct-historical-perspective/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NR%20Daily%20Monday%20through%20Friday%202019-12-05&utm_term=NRDaily-Smart

Great article thanks for sharing RD the past just aint that glorious is it
   Re: your previous post would have to say for me its appears to be extremely polarized  with each side equally trying to delegitimize  the  other and I believe that  has been going on since  before Trump arrived on  the scene all not realy good for democracy or good goverment
  Re: MSM Trump does have Fox and others well on his side
   For me the availability of fact checking to the public is something newer, one would have thought it would  slow down the B/S by exposing it but there’s now more B/S than before .. :0/   

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi RDRO. Was that 'good' or was that 'spin' ?  That's the question . . . .

"Despite constant change, polls show that most Americans have locked in their opinions on President Donald Trump, impeachment, and many of the 2020 Democratic contenders. If those opinions are locked in, two things are likely to happen: Former Vice President Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee, and he will beat Trump. Polls show that Trump is unpopular in some swing states, and Biden is outperforming Trump in many of those states." . . . .

"We're living in the era of nothing matters. The president has peddled obvious mistruths, yet many people still take him at his word. The president bullies a minor on Twitter and is retweeted aplenty. The president invites foreign governments to play in our elections, and congressional Republicans are outraged — but not at him. By any reasonable measure, Trump's misdeeds have far surpassed former Presidents Richard Nixon's and Bill Clinton's. But his popularity, and unpopularity, are intact."

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-made-up-mind-on-impeachment-trump-biden-2020-election-2019-12?r=US&IR=T
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
Roger. It's all spin or someones opinion either Left or Right. The Democrats has been trying for 3 years to get ride of Trump and have no concrete evidence. It is just perception and one can not be impeached on perception.

I never go with what the polls say. In 2016 they all said Hilary would win. I think Biden has too much baggage with his son, his health and the billion he held up to Ukraine when he was V.P. I think Warren would be a better choice, She has less baggage and being a woman would pick up more of the woman votes. JMHO or my perception.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Saw these clips on TV and in this DT article, Pres. Trump shows he's (NOT) the Man to have in a crisis. Frankly it's unbelievable   :o   ???  We weep for Italy and hope that we don't weep for anywhere else . . . .

""The President of the United States was seeking to reassure the nation about the coronavirus outbreak. Where better to make a statement than at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta? To ram home the import of the president’s words, he was flanked by the center’s director, Robert Redfield, and the administration’s Health and Human Services Secretary, Alex Asar. So far, so good. But then Donald Trump opened his mouth.

“I like this stuff. You know my uncle was a great person. He was at MIT. He taught at MIT for, I think, like, a record number of years. He was a great supergenius, Dr John Trump.”

Uh-huh. Anything else, Mr President?

“I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

Maybe he should have. The lesson is that whatever experts a politician surrounds himself with, if he wants to ramble off into unknown, irrelevant and, frankly, terrifying territory at a time of national crisis, he will do so if he is narcissistic and ego-driven enough.""

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/03/10/rightly-boris-johnson-listening-coronavirus-experts-rather-armchair/

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
This will be a leadership test for Trump if it gets outa hand (hope he's up to it)
As for his comments it's ......well crazy town I agree

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
“I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.”

He is a genius.

"I know more about drones than anybody" source

"I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." source

"I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." source

"I understand money betetr than anybody." source

"Nobody knows more about trade than me." source

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Alfie thanks for yours March 11th . . .

President Trump declares a 'State of Emergency' just two weeks after dismissing the Corona virus epidemic as a 'Democrat hoax'. Words fail . . .

"Taken together, this is a massive failure in leadership that stems from a massive defect in character. Trump is such a habitual liar that he is incapable of being honest, even when being honest would serve his interests. He is so impulsive, shortsighted, and undisciplined that he is unable to plan or even think beyond the moment. He is such a divisive and polarizing figure that he long ago lost the ability to unite the nation under any circumstances and for any cause. And he is so narcissistic and unreflective that he is completely incapable of learning from his mistakes. The president’s disordered personality makes him as ill-equipped to deal with a crisis as any president has ever been."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/peter-wehner-trump-presidency-over/607969/

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Naff said - (pun intended).

Pandumbic 2 from the Daily Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxROKabhDP8

Trump Caught On A Hot Mic Before Coronavirus Address:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNObUJDhE_Q

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 07:32:09 AM by Roger »

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
I'm sorry folks, but there's some bad news concerning President Trump. He has been tested for Coronavirus and the results came back... negative.

Sorry about that.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Alfie I wondered about commenting on that   ;D

Picking up the theme, if that test had been positive, I wonder if it would have been a 'hoax' but otherwise we'd both hope I'm sure, that Pres. Trump would recover completely and be bouncier than ever before, in about 8 months time, just after the 2020 election   ;)

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
"Donald Trump is suggesting the United States should treat Germany more like an enemy because the two countries were adversaries in World War II as the president again lobbied for closer US-Russian relations."

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/trump-suggests-us-treat-germany-134200634.html

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Not for the faint-hearted as usual but fair comment, John Oliver from ISO :-

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/john-oliver-coronavirus-death-cult-081822095.html

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
A few days ago while New York city hospitals were loading the deceased  into refrigerated trucks because the morgues we full

Trump twittered this to the entire world

https://deadline.com/2020/03/white-house-briefings-beating-the-bachelor-trump-tweets-1202895277/

Just unbelievable