Korat-Farang.com

The President Trump thread . . .

Roger · 384 · 18268

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
John Oliver recounts facts re. the credibility of Republican claims of voter fraud - the claims seem fairly decisively, to be nonsense.  Jon Voight's appalling intervention is dealt with. JO says it all, Biden IS fairly elected President-elect so FGS, let's get on with the transition. The World needs a functioning USA . . .

For this video - scroll down . . .

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-oliver-reveals-just-how-dangerous-trumps-election-lies-are?via=rss&source=articles_fancylink
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
The thing that is hard to believe is Biden won his ticket but the lower ticket Republicans' lost. Hard to believe that a Republican would vote for Biden and not vote his party Congress member. They lost 7 seats in the House and might still loose more as some close results are not called yet. With all the Biden votes one would think they would flip seats not loose them.

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
May be they just didn't want Trump?
That doesn't make sense as the Democrats' want to control the Senate and House and would not split their ticket. They just don't want Trump they want total control.

Offline Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Solid Member
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
That doesn't make sense as the Democrats' want to control the Senate and House and would not split their ticket. They just don't want Trump they want total control.

I'm not so sure; I think there are plenty of Republican voters who would vote AGAINST Trump but for their local Republican. Which is a good thing and hopefully means 'we' get more quality individuals who want to serve the public interest. 

I do think it is strange that anyone* can stand as US president without first having to be elected to represent a constituency. It just encourages anyone with deep enough pockets to stand (like Bloomberg).

*I know, it's an oversimplification.....

Online Hector

• Golfers in Korat
"This is not going away soon."
Well, I am sorry rdro' but it should.  Trump is making himself look more of a thwarted spoilt child than ever even he did before, his sycophants are cashing in on it until the last possible minute before the inevitable exit, the US has become the world's laughing stock and is in danger of becoming a 'failed state' - and all for why?  Because of a man who doesn't have the word 'lose' in his vocabulary.  He is dragging your fine country down and it is sad to see.

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
"This is not going away soon."
Well, I am sorry rdro' but it should.  Trump is making himself look more of a thwarted spoilt child than ever even he did before, his sycophants are cashing in on it until the last possible minute before the inevitable exit, the US has become the world's laughing stock and is in danger of becoming a 'failed state' - and all for why?  Because of a man who doesn't have the word 'lose' in his vocabulary.  He is dragging your fine country down and it is sad to see.
Guess you didn't watch the video because if you did you would want to know if these things really happened and if I were Trump I would definitely want to know. Take some time and watch the video.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
RDRO I've watched the video and read these too, (just now) :-

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/19/ben-sasse-trump-fraud-allegations-438574

https://news.sky.com/story/us-election-results-georgia-recount-upholds-bidens-victory-as-trump-loses-clutch-of-lawsuits-12136841

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8968247/Judge-rejects-Republican-bid-halt-Arizona-certifying-Biden-election-win.html

https://www.mediaite.com/election-2020/tucker-carlson-calls-out-trump-lawyer-sidney-powell-for-outrageous-election-fraud-claims-she-never-sent-us-any-evidence/

I'd like to think this is Trump's last throw of the dice and that even Trump can't carry on much longer. I agree with Hector - "He is dragging your fine country down and it is sad to see." You can bet your boots that if Trump HAD won, (which he didn't), Joe Biden and the Democrats would have walked away with grace and dignity. ATB

''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
Well I am a registered Democrat and for 4 years now we have been pushing anti-Trump Russian conspiracy theories. We had a Special Council formed in Congress to investigate and even an impeachment to no avail. I think it is just fair to have the Republicans have their day in court as they think there is a conspiracy. What's fair is fair.

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
the US has become the world's laughing stock and is in danger of becoming a 'failed state'

It's not really, is it? It's a view of those that have a particular interest in Trump and the presidency. Usually startng with a hatred of Trump. It's the sort of comment The (un) Independent would make.

Thailand is far nearer to being a failed, yet alone pariah state, than the US ever will be. It's still the strong, powerful beast it always has been, of whom many in the west are reliant on, even if like many NATO members, they take the proverbial.

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Fair enough let the courts investigate
But I fear the Trump base will not accept the verdicts ...unless Trump does
At the moment I believe it's 30 lost cases to 1 win for the Trump campaign and the 1 win is a minor one
The voting machines software case is yet to offer any evidence making it a bit suspect
Hell even Hanity has said after many emails and repeated offers to appear on his show or just put forward some proof/evidence the lawyer repeatedly declined then won't answer any further questions...unbelievable as it is even  Hanity don't believe them!!
   If it is rigged why have so many piss weak cases been put forward just to keep it going and sow doubt ?
What's Trumps goal ?
My guess is he will leave still claiming he was robbed even when all the courts have proven otherwise.
He will keep his base fired up in the hope of 2024 when he can hopefully run again ...if he has  cleared his own outstanding court cases
So I agree far from over it is :0/

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
I agree the USA is a not (yet) a 'failed state' but it is certainly 'hamstrung' atm.

Jungle, here's a thought . . . suppose there's a third count in Georgia and it comes out in favour of Trump   ::)   Should Biden then say - OK, let's go for the best of 5 or 7 or 9 !   ;)

The situation is farcical and after all, surely the ruling Republican Party must take some responsibility for the electoral system, having been the Govt in power for 4 years since the last election. After all with hiccups, the 'system' produced a result acceptable to the GOP in 2016.

IMO none of the discussion on this thread has touched on 'hatred' of Trump - for myself, incredulity and disdain say it better   8)

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat

Roger Yea  hates a strong word
Loath maybe be less offensive?
To be noted before the election  the GOP in Michigan Wisconsin and Pensilvania passed laws stopping the mail in ballots being counted before the election (for what purpose one may ask)so naturally they were counted much later and as they are always mostly Dem votes showed up later in high numbers giving call to claim its rigged (see trumps latest Tweet)
Do I loath Trump... Yes along with all the B/S ing politician's
I am also  all for putting these fraud cases through the courts sadly it's making America look like a joke with some of Rudy's outlandish claims 555555

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
From the DT https://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/people/great-undoing-donald-trump-rudy-giuliani/

"On Thursday evening Trump 2019s legal advisor Rudy Giuliani, 76, gave a remarkable hour-long press conference. It was noteworthy for two things: the sweeping and unsubstantiated allegations of election corruption, and secondly for the melting hair dye dripping down Giulian cheeks. Throughout the conference, the flustered former New York mayor wiped away sweat from his forehead and cheeks, and the treacle-brown hair dye in the process. This is likely to be a result of using a spray-in or powder hair colour, which is a liquid or powder that adheres to the hair and scalp to darken its colour - however the product Giuliani used clearly doesn't stand the heat under bright studio lights." . . . . .

. . . . . "This is a lesson in the power of public image and how a politician can get it so embarrassingly wrong. But he's not the only one in Trump's camp that seems to be feeling the heat. Trump himself - built on the image of a deep, chestnut tan and bright, dyed-blonde hair, has undergone a metamorphosis since losing the election. His hair is less blonde and more white, and his skin doesn't look as tanned as usual. Trumps malignant form of narcissism is legendary, says the behavioural psychologist Jo Hemmings. Highly manipulative, the cult-like, unquestioning, adulation of his followers fed his preoccupation of success, power and the fantasy of beauty. Another trait of malignant narcissism is to be overly concerned about one's appearance and his trademark orange face/sprayed hair comb-over combo represented the mark behind his weak sense of self."

Disdain . . .

https://youtu.be/3AY5IZR8i7I

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
But in the US, the rule of law is not at risk. Take away the players, and The Courts, even with Trump appointed judges, are consistent in their findings. The law will be upheld.

In Thailand, what rule of law? The courts will do as they are told.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Whilst 'Raw Story' are not generally supportive of Trump, they quote serious sources here. President Trump - your time is up !  ::)

"House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (WY) was much more direct in a statement, telling Trump to “put up or shut up,” according to Politico. “America is governed by the rule of law. The President and his lawyers have made claims of criminality and widespread fraud, which they allege could impact election results. If they have genuine evidence of this, they are obligated to present it immediately in court and to the American people,” she stated. “I understand that the President has filed more than thirty separate lawsuits. If he is unsatisfied with the results in those lawsuits, then the appropriate avenue is to appeal. If the President cannot prove these claims or demonstrate that they would change the election result, he should fulfill his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States by respecting the sanctity of our electoral process.” "

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/the-walls-are-closing-in-on-donald-trump-as-republicans-tell-him-its-over-report/

Online rdrokit

• Golfers in Korat
  • Solid Member
    • Rokits Pictures
I think he knows he lost but as many people have said Trump plays 3 dimensional chess while others play 2 dimensional chess. He is looking way down the road and I don't pretend to know his plan but I imagine one thing would be to do away with mail in voting or at least put some kind of security procedures for mail in votes which do not exist now.

Online jungle

• KFers in Korat
Well it looks like its getting more difficult for Biden to become president.
As the president of the United States of America and leader of the free world has stated on twitter that for Biden to enter the white house as president  he will have  to prove that all the votes he has received were not fraudulent or illegally obtained :0/