Korat-Farang.com

The President Trump thread . . .

Roger · 193 · 7583

Spursruss and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
And now there is talk of US military action against Venezuela. Is Trump simply trying to distract everyone from his domestic (US) problems?
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Quote Alfie - ''Is Trump simply trying to distract everyone from his domestic (US) problems?'' Just MO but I don't think so myself.
Maybe it's a case of 'one thought at a time' with Mr Trump ?

From the DailyT today - ''''The Venezuelan government has warned it will defend itself against any intervention by the "extremist" United States after President Donald Trump raised the prospect of a "military option" in the chaos-ridden South American oil state. Mr Trump told reporters on Friday that the use of force "was certainly something we could pursue" in Venezuela, which he described as a "dangerous mess". "The people are suffering and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela including a possible military option if necessary," Mr Trump said.''''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/12/venezuela-rejects-act-madness-donald-trump-threatens-military/
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
If there was no oil in Venezuela would the U.S.A. react like they are reacting now?

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
"We have many options for Venezuela including a possible military option if necessary," Mr Trump said.

Trump has a military fetish: he attending a private military school, wanted a military parade for his inauguration and has surrounded himself with retired Generals who he refers to as 'my generals' and wanted to dress in their uniforms at work (which all but one cannot do). How long before he issues an edict that they can and must wear a uniform, and also that he, as Commander-in-Chief, should also wear a uniform? And how long before the records regarding the numerous deferments are sanitised to make him seem like a willing hero somehow obstructed by the system?

Where else in the world is the wearing of military uniform by non-military people such a feature of life? Oh, wait.......

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
''The Venezuelan government has warned it will defend itself against any intervention by the "extremist" United States after President''

Venezuela government is showing restraint in calling the US President an "extremist". Remember when he was the devil in person?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOsABwCrn3E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOsABwCrn3E</a>
Village idiots unwelcome here

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
For the President of Iran he is a "rogue newcomer to the world of politics" whose debut speech at UN General Assembly consisted of "ignorant, absurd and hateful rhetoric filled with ridiculously baseless allegations" (source).

Moreover, Rouhani is now expecting official apologies from Trump: "Mr. Trump was offensive to Iran, and we are waiting for Mr. Trump to apologize to the people of Iran" (source).

Congratulations gentle troll!

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
At the United Nations, Trump threatens to “totally destroy North Korea”.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnWYLTdvfY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAnWYLTdvfY</a>

It seems to me that the Trump regime is a threat to the world.

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Trump: “As president of the United States, I will always put America first. Just like you, as the leaders of your countries, will always and should always put your countries first.”

But if you do and he doesn't like it, he might totally destroy you or your country!  What a dangerous clown he is.

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard

Donald Trump went to London and met with the Queen.

"Your Queenship, “ he asked her. “I am finding things way more difficult than I could have imagined. May I ask you - how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give me?”

“Well," replied Her Majesty, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Trump frowned.

"But how do you know the people around you are really intelligent?" he asked.

"Oh, that's easy” the Queen replied. “You just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle”.

She pushed a button on her intercom. “Please send Theresa May in here."

The Prime Minister walked into the room.

“You called for me, Your Majesty?"

"Answer me this, if you would, Theresa. “ the Queen said. “Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?”

Without pausing for even a second, Theresa May answered, “That would be me."

"Yes! Very good,” said the Queen.

Trump went back home, returned to the White House and the very next day called for Mike Pence to come and see him.

Pence duly trotted in to the Oval Office

“Mike, answer this for me,’ said the Don. “Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?”

"I'm not sure," said Pence. “Let me get back to you on that one.

Pence went panicking off to his advisers and asked everyone, but none of them could give him an answer.

The next night, as it happened, Pence ran in to Hillary Clinton in a restaurant. By now, desperate for an answer to give to his tyrannical boss, he approached her – much to her surprise.

“Hillary, I know we haven’t always seen eye to eye but I would really appreciate it if you could answer this riddle for me

“Sure, Mike “Hillary said. “I’m not one to hold a grudge. What is it?”

“Thanks,” said Pence,” It’s this. Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?”

Hillary answered right back, “That's easy, it's me!"

Pence smiled, “Thanks!"

Pence then went back to speak with Trump. "Say, boss, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It’s Hillary Clinton.”

Trump got up, stomped over to Pence, and angrily yelled at him. "No, you idiot! It’s Theresa May!"

... AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS PRECISELY WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE WHITE HOUSE.
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Nambia   :D 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwQHHNWwfi8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwQHHNWwfi8</a>

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
He was probably thinking of Narnia.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...
himself as the lion
Hilary as the witch
The White House as the wardrobe
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Here is President Trump's speech at the United Nations.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deFoATGQLy8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deFoATGQLy8</a>

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
President Donald Trump called the deal to curb nuclear weapons in the Iran an embarrassment for America. He should look in the mirror.

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
He managed to come at odds also with many NFL and NBL players and coaches. Steve Kerr, coach of current NBA champions Golden State Warriors, commented like this about Trump's decision to revoke an invitation for his team to visit the White House:

I think in general the idea of going to the White House as part of a championship team is awesome. It's an incredible honor, you honor the office, you honor the institution. I can speak from personal experience, it doesn't matter, you set aside political differences. I've had the pleasure to meet with Reagan, George Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush, Obama, I didn't necessarily agree with all of them, but it was an incredible honor to be in their presence.

There was a respect for the office, and also respect not only from us, but from the President himself, and that goes both ways. I think we would in normal times very easily be able to set aside political differences and go visit and have a great time, and be awesome. These are not ordinary times. Probably the most divisive times in my life, I guess since Vietnam but I was just a kid and I don't remember too much about Vietnam.

Because of the differences that exist in the country, the President made it really, really difficult for us to honor that institution. Our differences in terms of our team and organization's values, are so dramatically different, talking in terms of inclusion, civil discourse, dignity, it's hard for us every day seeing the things he's saying.

I thought yesterday, his comments about the NFL players are as bad as anything he's said to this point. That's awful, you're talking about young men who are peacefully protesting police brutality and racism, racial inequality. Peacefully protesting! Hallmarks of our country. Come on, it's just been very difficult for us to have to reconcile with that.
(source)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgayXs8-s3k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgayXs8-s3k</a>

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The Guardian today:-

''The UN security council has unanimously approved tough new sanctions on North Korea''.

The restriction on oil imports has been increased to 90% and ships found with unauthorised cargo in transit can be impounded. China voted in favour. It's a range of tightened sanctions. Conditions in N. Korea, already dreadful, will become much worse.

Pres. Trump is a loose cannon, no doubt. But is he making progress at last ?
Or will it trigger Military action by N. Korea ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/22/north-korea-un-sanctions-workers-return

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
The US mission said a cutoff on new work permits would eventually cost North Korea about $500m a year once current work permits expire. The US estimated about 93,000 North Koreans are working abroad, a US official said.

The resolution approved Friday expresses concern that the foreign earnings from these workers are being used to support the country’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs. It requires all countries to send North Korean workers and safety monitors home by the end of 2019

93,000 more unemployed people, thousands more starving people. Trump doesn't care about humanity at all (IMHO).

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Alfie of course the downsides are regrettable but measured against the carnage of a WW3 ? What happens if Kim Jong Un fires off one of these ICBM's ? I hate to be impressed by Trump at all but he has to his credit, got the Chinese onside for this action.

Hopefully a change in N.Korea or some agreement about the nuclear weapons can be achieved under this sort of pressure - in time for the 93,000 to keep their jobs !  ;)

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Sorry, but I disagree with you, Roger. It’s Trump who is close to starting a war, not the north Koraeans. I fear you have bought into the Trump BS. Trump has said that past diplomacy and talking (in the last 25 years) has not worked. I disagree. We were never this close to war before. Diplomacy and talking kept war at bay. Trump has upped the ante and riled the north Koreans. They feel threatened by the Trump regime. They are developing missiles to counter Trump. Trump is to blame for the current situation. Nobody else.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Hi Alfie. Good to chat about it.

Trump hasn't been President for 12 months yet. The N.Koreans were along this path well before he was elected. I contend it's a different situation now than over the last 25 years - N.Korea has nuclear bombs and the ability to deliver them - maybe already or otherwise soon.

Without buying into the BS, getting China to support sanctions of this severity is a major change.
Let's hope there can be talks. ATB