Korat-Farang.com

The pound is on the up

JASONTHAI · 72 · 2775

Offline dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
My pension arrived today and 1 got an fx rate of 44.35 THB compared to 42.55 THB last month.

Same increase again next month please ;D
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard

mine came last week at 43.70 so the exchange definitely seems to be on the up
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Offline JASONTHAI

Up to 44.87 as I am writing this should hit 45-46 just after the elections and stay this way until something big happens again like an increase of interest rates which should happen in 2018 that hopefully will push it up to 48 and once we sort the brexit crap out then we will be back up to the 50 - 55 again hopefully

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Good news Jason ! Next stop B50 ?  ;)
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Offline nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
44.65 in the exchange booths in Pattaya
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

Offline JASONTHAI

44.65 in the exchange booths in Pattaya

that's Pattaya, Farang have big money there so they can take a slight drop according to a Thai girl I know LOL,  ;D

Online Teessider

• KFers in Korat
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
Still 20% down in a year under the so called economic experts in the Conservative govt.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Offline JASONTHAI

Still 20% down in a year under the so called economic experts in the Conservative govt.

It's has nothing to do with the conservatives but with the vote To leave the European Union, drop from 54/55 - 42, now running at 45 so at least going up, only people I see now to make a huge difference to the pound going up is the BOE if they raise interest rates which will need to be done in the next 12 months as inflation is raising

Offline JASONTHAI

So you are saying if Labour were in power then the pound would be backup to normal levels LOL bring back the monster raving looney party

Online jivvy

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Wizard
bring back the monster raving looney party

It's still here but now it is called UKIP    ;D
One should never do wrong in return, nor mistreat any man, no matter how one has been mistreated by him.”
- Socrates

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Whoopee !  ;D
£1 has climbed back to B44 at last ! (xe.com B44.02)
B45 next ? (After the Tories sweep home next week ?)
B50 in early 2018 ?
MMMMmmmm . . .
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
This may cheer up one or two - the £ is at B 43.6 atm (xe.com) having dipped below B43 in recent weeks. Onwards and upwards then - hopefully.

Online Coolkorat

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Solid Member
  • Whichever way you throw, it will stand
    • Pix Isaan
As an aside, I have received my Monzo card (see https://monzo.com/). I am a big advocate of alternative/ disruptive banking - it shakes up an establishment that really needs shaking.

Offline JASONTHAI

This may cheer up one or two - the £ is at B 43.6 atm (xe.com) having dipped below B43 in recent weeks. Onwards and upwards then - hopefully.

Up to 43.92 with the BOE saying they might put up interest rates soon
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:58:22 PM by JASONTHAI »

Offline JASONTHAI

It's now 44.02 slowly creeping up might hit 45 before the end of the year :)

Online Spursruss

It's now 44.02 slowly creeping up might hit 45 before the end of the year :)

I agree.  The next MPC announcement is on 3 August.  Let's hope for a rate rise then.

Offline JASONTHAI

44.23 and getting higher as I speak, I don't think a rate cut will be good for us Derek as that will weaken the £ we need a rate increase to push the £ up more

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Jason is DerekL talking about a rate cut in the USA ?
Let's hope Carney and Co put the UK interest rate up asap.
Heading for B45 soon ?

Online Spursruss

An increase in UK interest rates is of course not all good news for any expats receiving index-linked occupational pensions.  The sole purpose of the rise is to reverse the recent increase in inflation and move it back towards the MPC's target of 2%.