Korat-Farang.com

The pound is on the up

JASONTHAI · 72 · 2776

Offline dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
I have corrected my post it should have read...

I think the weakness of the USD is underwriting the increase in the GBP.

A rate rise would not be great for those back in the UK other than to curb inflation but with luck will be good for us out here.
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The £ is back to B44.3 on XE.com.
 ;D
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
On xe.com the £ now nudging over B44 !
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Cue the Governor of the bank of England to talk it down again.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Oh Joy !!

''XE Currency Converter: GBP to THB

1 GBP =44.9783THB
British Pound

1 THB = 0.0222329 GBP
2017-09-15 10:41 UTC

All figures are based on live mid-market rates. These rates are not available to consumer clients.
''

ATB

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
44.99 today. Up 3% in 3 days.

Cue the Governor of the bank of England to talk it down again.

Fortunately not, but rather remarks by two members of the Band of England's Monetry Policy Commitee that a rate rise could come soon.

Offline enrico

i predicted three months ago, to my pals at my local?   that by christmas  the pound will be around 50 bht..mrs may and philip hammond will be gone..and we will walk away from the E.U.   no deal .all by christmas...     well it looks like it might happen..i hope so  E.F.M.

Offline Anton

• KFers in Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
i predicted three months ago, to my pals at my local?   that by christmas  the pound will be around 50 bht

So, how much is the pound today, Enrico?

Plunging Pound Saps Expat Pension Spending Power

Brexit and the falling Pound is damaging the wealth of British expat pensioners around the world.

The spending power of their state and personal pensions has dipped by a fifth in the past two years, claims research by pension administrator Equiniti.

And although expats in the Eurozone have suffered the worst financially, few British retirees around the world have avoided the devaluation of their pensions.

iExpats full article 01.01.2018
Village idiots unwelcome here

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Anton after touching B44 briefly, I think the £ is back to about B43.6.

Yep Enrico got it wrong and so did I !!

Try xe.com next time you need a rate - it's OK.

Thanks for the iExpats link.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
£ is back to B44 I see - hold or trend ?  :-\

I have to bring some funds inwards in the next few months - so more please !

Offline dereklev

• KFers in Korat
  • Forum Sage
  • My pride and joy boy
I am no expert but I think the rise in the GBP against the THB is down to the weakening USD rather than any strength in Sterling.

Probably best to ask your wife's fortune teller when to transfer funds 8)
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
For comparison I used TT rates as this is approximately the rate when sending money to Thailand.

January 15:
1 USD = Thb 31,74
1 GBP = Thb 43,43500
1 Euro = Thb 38,54750

January 16:
1 USD = Thb 31,81
1 GBP = Thb 43,65750
1 Euro = Thb 38,76

Value GBP and Euro against USD:

January 15
1 GBP = 1,36846 Usd
1 Euro = 1,21447 Usd

January 16:
1 GBP = 1,37244 Usd
1 Euro = 1,21848 Usd

So if my math is correct higher rates for GBP and Euro resulting in more Thb plus fact that Usd up a little but (from 31,74 to 31,81). All little things help  ;D ;D ;D

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Thanks Robert. £ still over B44 atm. ATB

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
Thanks Robert. £ still over B44 atm. ATB

Hi Roger,

I have been transferring Euro's from my Dutch bank account to my Thai Bank account for 11 years now and TT rate from Bangkok Bank comes closest to the rate I receive. If I would add selling and buyin rate and divide by two would mean Euro is now Thb 39,09 but that rate I will not get. Maybe if I use cash but that is not possible for me. Do hope rates Pound AND Euro will continue to rise.

Robert

Offline nookiebear

• Suppliers
  • Forum Sage
Where are the SUPER RICH kiosks located in KORAT?
Check out my website @ www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Where are the SUPER RICH kiosks located in KORAT?

There's one in the Mall and one in Terminal 21. See this thread.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Jason the £ is almost back to where it was when you started this thread April 2017 !
Then B44.6. Now B44.56. Peak or trend ? (Rates from xe.com)

From the DT today :-

''How high could it go? Analysts are optimistic that the currency will make further improvements this year. Analysts at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ forecast the pound to trade within a range of $1.28 and $1.43 in the first quarter of this year and $1.31 to $1.46 in the second quarter. They predict that by the final quarter of the year, the pound could be trading at between $1.33 and $1.50. Mr Eakers predicted that the currency would recover to $1.50 or even $1.60 “in the longer term”. ING’s Mr Patel said that for the pound to reach $1.50, it would take a 5pc decline in the dollar and a 3pc rally in the pound. “You can see what’s doing the heavy lifting”.

It should also be noted that sterling’s performance against other currencies has not been as favourable as the US dollar. Mr Eakers said: “If you look at sterling-euro, we’re still way off where we were when the Brexit referendum occurred.” The Bloomberg British Pound Index, which measures sterling against a basket of major currencies, is at 695.11, which is well below the 777.61 it was measured at just before the Brexit referendum. Mr Eakers said that was largely driven by the strength of the euro, which itself is recovering after a period of being undervalued due to European Central Bank president Mario Draghi’s expansionary monetary policy. He warned that, while the euro is being buoyed by positive sentiment following elections in Germany and France, concerns about the outcome of the upcoming Italian elections could result in some traders betting against the euro, which could boost the pound against the euro
.''

Let's hope this is a trend !  ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/01/23/pound-gains-driven-weaker-dollar-could-keep-rising/

Online Robert

• KFers in Korat
  • Solid Member
The money traders the real power in the world today. Betting on currencies has a too big influence on the life of the average people IMHO. I am for sure not naive but looks like everything is money driven nowadays. Just have a look at the bitcoin crazyness.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The £ is back at B44.6 on XE.com
 ;D

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
The £ is back at B44.6 on XE.com  ;D   ;D