Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Putting a dog to sleep ?  (Read 176 times)

Roger

• Solid Member +
Putting a dog to sleep ?
« on: May 22, 2017, 04:51:42 PM »

Will a Vet put a dog 'to sleep' in Thailand ?

One of our dogs is in a bad state, stumbling around, passing blood in urine and unwell with mange. The Vets injections for mange knock him flat.
He's 7 years old - I had him as a Pup.

I get the feeling that the 'to sleep' action may not be possible in Thailand ?

Hector

Re: Putting a dog to sleep ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 08:12:20 PM »

I sympathise....  I had a similar situation when i lived in Hua Hin, but the vet (male) I had used for a while understood the situation.  He came to the house, did the deed, I paid him in cash (some 5,500 Baht) and he left.  The agreement was that I dealt with the body and kep a low profile.  As I was moving up here a few weeks later, it wasn't a problem.  Other vets in the area wouldn't consider it, the tenets of their religion being the problem for them.  I am afraid the only advice I can offer is to shop around the vet practices - you may strike lucky.

slimeball

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:55:33 PM »

We found similar issues & all the vets we asked in & around Korat gave us a resounding no. Eventually we had made plans to travel to Khon Kaen where we were advised they would euthanise in extreme circumstances , our dog passed away the evening before we planned to travel however. Its a tricky situation & totally down to the vet, suggest to ask as many vets as you can find.

happylarry

• Solid Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »

We found a marvelous vet who worked at ittivech on Suranarai road and she was so gentle and careful when she put down one of my German Shepherds because of cancer. However she then left there and started working part time in Baan moton hospital just down the road from NBK night market. I could not recommend her enough but having said that I don't know if she is still working there but if you are interested in coming to town then I will try and find out for you.
When I used her she charged about 1500 baht total for a home visit.
HL

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:47:38 AM »

Thanks very much for the replies. I'll ask around some more. ATB

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 04:41:03 PM »

Well I'm glad to say that Bacchus the dog got better - to our great surprise.

But 6 months on, we notice that he is losing his hair and the lower skin is going black ! Although the skin is otherwise ok, he still walks every day and seems to be in good health - is this just a sign of ageing ? If so, what might this portend ?  ???

His twin brother LeO is a lot healthier and his coat is lasting but signs of some lower skin blacking a bit.

Thanks for any advice . . R

Roger

• Solid Member +
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 11:27:06 AM »

Well I'm glad to say that Bacchus the dog got better - to our great surprise.

But 6 months on, we notice that he is losing his hair and the lower skin is going black ! Although the skin is otherwise ok, he still walks every day and seems to be in good health - is this just a sign of ageing ? If so, what might this portend ?  ???

His twin brother LeO is a lot healthier and his coat is lasting but signs of some lower skin blacking a bit.

Thanks for any advice . . R
Pages: [1]