Korat-Farang.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcoming new members: please email your details and preferred username to admin@korat-farang.com. We will set up your membership and email a temporary password for you to change.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ♥ Breakfast Ideas ♥  (Read 1417 times)

Thaiphoon

♥ Breakfast Ideas ♥
« on: September 11, 2011, 11:49:01 AM »

I'm getting a bit fed up with my breakfast's and now looking for more ideas of things to try that can be done here in Thailand , so ..   

What Do You have For Your Breakfast ?

Toddy

Re: ♥ Breakfast Ideas ♥
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:58:10 AM »

Special K.

Thaiphoon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »

Toddy , ive recently tried the Tesco own brand ( Special K. ) and its ok, but still in the good old cornflakes category  ;D

Derek

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »

What do you usually eat for breakfast Thaiphoon?

Toddy

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 01:03:51 PM »

Toddy , ive recently tried the Tesco own brand ( Special K. ) and its ok, but still in the good old cornflakes category  ;D

The Special K in LOS is crappy for some reason, wrong texture. I have Frosties when in Thailand.

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 01:10:02 PM »

I usually have Frosties, too. In the UK I like Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes, but like Toddy found with Special K, the Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes just don't taste right in Thailand. The Frosties are OK.

For a change (or a treat) we sometimes have porridge. We buy it in the Mall. Surprisingly it's not expensive and the quality is  OK. It's instant so it cooks up very quickly. Add a bit of honey, sugar, salt, some raisins, or whatever takes your fancy, and it's pretty darned good.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

sfs

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 03:00:46 PM »

I tend to alternate between All Bran, Museli, Weetabix or toast and marmalade. But I find the same as others that even though they are the same brand as I would buy in the UK, the texture is just different.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Toddy

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »

I tend to alternate between All Bran, Museli, Weetabix or toast and marmalade. But I find the same as others that even though they are the same brand as I would buy in the UK, the texture is just different.

Why do you think that is the case sfs? Can't they get the right ingredients, or do you think that it is something to do with the manufacturing process?

Toddy

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »

Maybe Koratchef can explain as they are in the business, so to speak?

Alfie

• Forum Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 03:16:41 PM »

On the side of the Frosties box it says they are made in Thailand in Rayong.

Why the difference in taste? Possibly the ingredients, the manufacturing process, or how they are kept after manufacture.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Thaiphoon

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 03:21:15 PM »

In no preference order 

Frosties

Special K ( Lotus own brand )

Weetabix

Cork flakes

Rice Krispies

Porridge

Boiled Eggs and soldiers

Toasted Raisin Bread

Toast & Jam

Scrambled egg

Yogurts

Fried Egg on toast

Most of the cereal type things I add some sort of extra fresh fruit as well

brettandlek

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 07:15:38 PM »

What are soldiers TP?
You a canibal too?

brettandlek

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 07:20:44 PM »

Why do you think that is the case sfs? Can't they get the right ingredients, or do you think that it is something to do with the manufacturing process?
Interesting question Toddy,
We have our most popular chocolate manufacturer here "Cadburys" and they have a plant in New Zealand as welll.
There is a distinct taste difference between the two, in fact, the NZ one is readily avialble in clearance stores here at a heavily reduced price.

Also, we have (as i am sure you would) colgate and macleans brand toothpaste here and they also import it supposedly made under licence from Vietnam, same brand, same everything.
Yet, they sell that in our clearance stores also and they now have to advertise that the product may not be identical to the locally made product and some ingredientd and amounts thereof might differ.

HighwayStar

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 07:57:42 PM »

Carlsberg ....

Thaiphoon

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »

What are soldiers TP?
You a canibal too?

;D

sfs

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »

Toddy, I don't really know the answer because they are all Kelloggs packaging, but I have even thought maybe they are just an inferior brand that has been re-packed out here. The All Bran are different everytime I buy a box ranging from very small to larger than normal, whereas when you buy in the UK the consistency is always the same.
If at first you don't succeed you are clearly not cut out for it. Give up and move on.

Thaiphoon

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 10:27:28 PM »

A bit off topic , but I know when I first came to Thailand , the chocolate like Kit-Kat tasted very different than the one back in the UK  ::)

Toddy

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 11:00:49 PM »

Toddy, I don't really know the answer because they are all Kelloggs packaging, but I have even thought maybe they are just an inferior brand that has been re-packed out here. The All Bran are different everytime I buy a box ranging from very small to larger than normal, whereas when you buy in the UK the consistency is always the same.

Maybe poor quality control?

brettandlek

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 07:21:18 AM »

Learn something new everyday.

Jeff1

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 09:35:48 AM »

It looks like toast cut in to strips to me. ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3