Korat-Farang.com

Premier League and other football chat 2017/8

Roger · 147 · 5642

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
A well-taken first goal by Marcus Rashford yesterday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JweK_C1yy2o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JweK_C1yy2o</a>

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Thanks Alfie - two good goals from Rashford - watched it on PPTV Channel 36.
That clip won't play for me - copyright ? But I remember it well !

Trouble at West Ham - ''A fan ran on to the pitch, with no steward tackling him for at least a minute, and clashed with Noble, who threw him to the ground.'' Well done Mark Noble !

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/929945/West-Ham-vs-Burnley-Premier-League
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Teessider

• Solid Member
  • No metropolis without Ironopolis
Jamie Carragher in trouble for gobbing at a car from which he was being mildly taunted after Liverpools defeat st Old Trafford. I have watched the video and he deserves to lose his ludicrously well paid job (>£1m pa). Even his apology came with excuses. He obviously thinks he is above being taunted and reacted disgustingly. What a moron.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Teess - Carragher would like us to believe that his spitting was 'out of character'.
That's alright then  ;)  Ref. his job - he's paid too much. Ref. losing it - that's a bit OTT for me.
But we know who he is now . . .

Alfie, I noticed that Marcus Rashford's six pack is similar to mine LOL  ;D

Southampton's Pellegrino takes the long walk . . . the 9th EPL Manager this year.
So Pardew will be No. 10 - Moyes  No. 11 ? - how many more before the season ends ?

The sublime David Silva takes Man City past poor old Stoke 2-0.
MCFC now 16 points clear of Man Utd and 25 clear of Chelsea adrift in 5th.

Michael Carrick to retire at the end of the season - only 4 starts this season. He carries 'irregular heart beat' - a la Kante ? Carrick will know by now they can usually fix that with a 'catheter ablation'.
I know a little about this - excessive stress or exercise can be the cause - maybe we'll see more of it in football. These boys work hard IMO.
''If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough'' - Albert Einstein

Online Teessider

• Solid Member
Imagine if instead of Carragher if had been Gary Lineker, do you think he would still be hosting MOTD?
Meanwhile in Stratford it seems the ungrateful EastEnders are not happy with the free stadium awarded to them by the LLC. Admittedly its a terrible stadium for football but then they could always build their own as many other clubs have done (Southampton, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Arsenal etc) or are in the process of (Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton). Darlington built their own 25,000 capacity stadium but did not include enough car parking. The local council restricted capacity, the club were relegated and went bust and now play their games in the National league north at he home of Darlington rugby club.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.
Blaine Pascal

Offline Alfie

• Forum Guru
Mauricio Pellegrino has been sacked by Southampton. Who next for Southampton manager? Robbie Savage suggests Mark Hughes, but how about Marco Silva? Anybody else available?

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Oh Dear. Spurs out of the Champions League and now Man Utd. The ever mysterious Mourinho starts with in-form Mata, Pogba and McTominay on the bench and the leftside loving Marcus Rashford on the right, only to concede control of midfield apparently.

Brave hopes of 5 EPL teams in the last 8 looks now more like 2 - unless Chelsea can turn over Barca !
Two then  >:(  Good Luck to Man City and Liverpool !

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Mark Hughes is IN at Southampton and Good Luck to him.

Chelsea follow Man Utd and Spurs OUT of the Champions league leaving Man City and Liverpool. By the look of Barca - they'll take some stopping !

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Just watched some highlights on PPTV36. Great.

Barca v Chelsea - some fine play from CFC but no luck. Courtois ? Messi's first goes through his legs from a very fine angle. The second blasted past him on his knees - stand up ? The third through Courtois' legs again . . . Added to that, he made a nice pass to Suarez who nearly scored.

Just 1 UK team in the semi as MCFC play L'pool. Disappointing. On a good day - either could win it but they won't be favourites by any means.

L'pool look in fine form indeed - saw their 5-0 v Watford. I admire Salah - apart from his super play, when he scores, there's no showing off. Salah seems a modest Guy - God only knows what someone will pay for him in the summer . .
Good to see Danny Ings out there briefly after his long spell of injury and being benched.

Talking of injuries, Damon Lathrope recently TUFC might not be able to walk well after his dreadful broken leg, and Ryan Higgins, 23, TUFC has had to retire due to a congenital heart problem. Good luck to them both. Tough game.

And dear old Jose Mourinho thinks he has troubles !
https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/mourinho-manchester-united-rant-chelsea-14423045

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Not my favourite Football Manager - Mr Mourinho. Reports of a big clear out at Man Utd at the season's end - Shaw, Mata, Herrera, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Blind. But Man Utd have actually had a much better season results wise this year - 2nd in the EPL and in the FA Cup semi-final - though Spurs will be difficult opponents even without Harry Kane .

Some interesting analysis in the DT today :-

''“Normal” also describes these latest pronouncements, at least for Mourinho. It is a pattern he has followed before in his managerial career and which helps explain, at least in part, why he has never spent more than three years in any one post. Having turned from admonishing supporters, to criticising his predecessors, to self-defence, to hitting out at his players, all in the space of one weekend, Mourinho conceded on Saturday evening that a policy of being so public in his pronouncements could backfire.

It is conceivable, he admitted, that he could “lose” the dressing room after his scatter-gun approach towards a group of multi-millionaire footballers not readily known for their acceptance of such public embarrassment
.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/18/man-utd-players-stunned-jose-mourinhos-bullying-luke-shaw/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 05:03:36 PM by Roger »

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Sad to see that Ray Wilkins is in an induced coma after a heart attack. Good luck Ray.

I always wanted Wimbledon to ascend above MK Dons but I see both are now fighting against relegation from League 1. Great to see the new boys up there after the let down of that move to Milton Keynes.

I blinked when I saw Sunderland had walloped Derby (in the play off zone atm) 1-4. Sunderland had 40% of possession but 6 shots on target to Derby's 1. Someone I know will be happy.

TUFC get a solid win at Chester City and are just 7 points from safety with 7 games to go  :'(  They need to win ALL 7  ::)

Kieffer Moore a regular now at Barnsley scored again yesterday - good to see a Devon boy duin' good.

And back to fantasy land - Daniel Sturridge's time on the field has cost West Brom £50,000 per minute so far - that's the short term loan fee of £2 million PLUS £120K per week wages - how the hell did he wangle that ?
His injury problems persist . . .

Online Teessider

• Solid Member
Last night I watched the Boro lose at home to 9 man Wolves. Sunderland were on next in a rare tv appearance on Thai tv. Fully expecting another defeat I went to bed. Stunned to see the result fhis morning. Lets see if they can follow it up with a home win on Monday.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Just watched Palace v L'Pool. Love Palace - S. London Man - worked at Crown Graphic Forest Hill nearby - favourite ever footballer Don Rogers played for them  ;D 

Palace did really well IMO against a very strong side. L'Pool came back from 1-0 to 1-2 - but IMO Palace were robbed of a penalty near the end - a shirt pull  ???

Just MO but I think any shirt pull, during - or after the game if clear on TV - should be a 'Yellow'. And in the penalty area, a 'Red'.
Imposed afterwards. Right on.

That'd stop it  :-[

The worst and clearest form of cheating  . . . . .

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:03:21 PM by Roger »

Online Teessider

• Solid Member
Yet van Dijk also had his shirt pulled in the box.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Teess - there lies the problem. Blatant cheating - it's rife. The Players pull the shirt 'blind side' from the Ref so he can't see it. IMO, the best way to eliminate shirt pulling, is to impose yellows and reds after the game, where it's clearly caught on camera.

That'll stop it maybe  ::) The Players would then have to find some more football skills to defend . . . .

Online caller

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Forum Wizard
Teess - there lies the problem. Blatant cheating - it's rife. The Players pull the shirt 'blind side' from the Ref so he can't see it. IMO, the best way to eliminate shirt pulling, is to impose yellows and reds after the game, where it's clearly caught on camera.

Shirt pulling and holding has been part of the game since time immemorial! Even at my lowly level as a player it happened.

But if seen referees dealt with it. As a referee I did the same. Not sure why the current crop seem so reluctant to do so, even when it's clearly visible to the officials.

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Referees shouldn't tolerate it, I agree. And where the Ref has missed a pull and it's spotted on camera - give a yellow card later  8)  That'll stop it.

So much twisting and turning these days, I think pulling can be hard to spot. But IMO it should be an automatic yellow. ATB

Online Teessider

• Solid Member
Maybe more controversial was the failure to send off Sadio Mane. Booked for diving already he deliberately handled the ball but escaped punishment and was rapidly substituted. On the supposed dive he was clipped but the whistle didn't blow so he went down. That idiot Clive Allen on commentary watched the replay which clearly showed contact then claimed there was no contact to justify his first impression.
Blaine Pascal

Online Roger

• KFers beyond Korat
  • Wisdom in Forum
Just seen that Sadio Mane bit Teess. Agreed. The second time he dived then grabbed the ball to try and suggest he'd been 'fouled'. A nasty bit of cheating. Should've been off  8)

Some bits of poor refereeing yesterday in other games too.

I noticed Everton's impressive back Five - Pickford, Coleman, Jagielka, Keane and Baines. But oh dear. The team also has Rooney, Schneiderlin, Walcott etc. but they are struggling. After spending big last year. Some of these Guys look near to sell by date, so Big Sam has a big task this close season.

Online Teessider

• Solid Member
I see Pardew has gone from West Brom after 8 successive defeats. How do these consistent failures keep getting jobs? Mark Hughes is now being talked about as possibly becoming the first manager to achieve relegation with 2 different clubs in the same season.
Blaine Pascal